2011 Dresden Football

hogheaven

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:roflol::roflolk:

I guess I was right all along about Dresden. Thanks for proving me right once again! :thumb:

Yes you were right. Now maybe you can learn something. McKenzie and Dresden didn't whine about hard hitting after the game being cheap shots. Its football! Except for turnovers, I loved watching both teams because they played hard. McKenzie's Defense has eleven kids flying to the ball at all times. Very impressive team for all the turnover last year. We made mistakes, but they were in position to take advantage of it because of hard-nose football players. Can't wait to play them again.

:roflol::roflolk:

I guess I was right all along about Dresden. Thanks for proving me right once again! :thumb:

You know, if your coaches would have used the chance to let some of your younger players get some playing time, when Dresden showed mercy on you in the 3rd quarter, maybe you would snap out of your losing streak. Instead you guys wanted to show how strong you are against freshmen. GC and Westview both want to bad mouth Dresden for unsportsmnan like conduct. Watching the game against McKenzie you could have seen a heck of a football game and very sportmanslike conduct on both sides. All night long you would see both sides helping each other up after the play. After the game might be a different story but that's not reflective on the kids playing the game.

LOL, I see I'm still striking a nerve within the Dresden faithful on here. I'll start with hogheaven first....

hogheaven, you're a coach for the Dresden Lions, right? What was the REAL reason you guys didn't shake hands after the game? Someone quoted that Coach Hewett said on the radio after the game that there was some bad blood going on during the game and he didn't want to incite anything afterwards. Is that correct?...If so, that contradicts what you just posted.

stavi...man, it really has been a long time since we've won a game. Let me remind you, if I remember correctly, our last win was over the Dresden Lions 56-0 AT DRESDEN!!!! :roflol: Maybe you remember that one too! :roflolk::roflol:

ysoangry, we took our starters out at the end of the third quarter and played subs all through the 4th. Yea, there might have been a starter or 2 still out there, but when there's only 33 players (Freshman-Senior), then that's what happens. Anyways, who are you to question our coaching staff?

Edited by GCPioneer

LOL, I see I'm still striking a nerve within the Dresden faithful on here. I'll start with hogheaven first....

hogheaven, you're a coach for the Dresden Lions, right? What was the REAL reason you guys didn't shake hands after the game? Someone quoted that Coach Hewett said on the radio after the game that there was some bad blood going on during the game and he didn't want to incite anything afterwards. Is that correct?...If so, that contradicts what you just posted.

stavi...man, it really has been a long time since we've won a game. Let me remind you, if I remember correctly, our last win was over the Dresden Lions 56-0 AT DRESDEN!!!! :roflol: Maybe you remember that one too! :roflolk::roflol:

ysoangry, we took our starters out at the end of the third quarter and played subs all through the 4th. Yea, there might have been a starter or 2 still out there, but when there's only 33 players (Freshman-Senior), then that's what happens. Anyways, who are you to question our coaching staff?

You know if our team has lost 87 straight games I would be questioning the coach or somebody. Bet you wont beat Dresden like that again.......

Yes you were right. Now maybe you can learn something. McKenzie and Dresden didn't whine about hard hitting after the game being cheap shots. Its football! Except for turnovers, I loved watching both teams because they played hard. McKenzie's Defense has eleven kids flying to the ball at all times. Very impressive team for all the turnover last year. We made mistakes, but they were in position to take advantage of it because of hard-nose football players. Can't wait to play them again.

hogheaven, I will support you in this post. I talked to a few of our players Sat. evening and they all said it was a clean, sportsmanlike game on the field. But it was hard hitting at the same time and we all like to see those kind of games. The indident at the end of the game was unfortunate as it marred an otherwise great game. BUT, I'm told that the players from Dresden manned up after the game and went to our dressing room and shook hands. I have to applaud that very much. :thumb:

There will always be those folks that really take issue with this or that team beating them and drag on a fuss all season long because of it. They will shadow you guys all season long looking for a reason to pounce. Mainly because the Lions done pounced on them. Not sure why some feel that McKenzie OR Dresden are unsportsmanlike or not humble. I've never seen either team or fans act either way to another team. Just because a team has success for a few years or a few games does not qualify them for those labels. For MANY years Huntingdon beat us regularly for 10-15 years straight and it got kind of amusing sometimes but we all still got along and didn't disband the county because of it.

I have your back on this issue and so do a lot of other Rebel fans.

hogheaven, I will support you in this post. I talked to a few of our players Sat. evening and they all said it was a clean, sportsmanlike game on the field. But it was hard hitting at the same time and we all like to see those kind of games. The indident at the end of the game was unfortunate as it marred an otherwise great game. BUT, I'm told that the players from Dresden manned up after the game and went to our dressing room and shook hands. I have to applaud that very much. :thumb:

There will always be those folks that really take issue with this or that team beating them and drag on a fuss all season long because of it. They will shadow you guys all season long looking for a reason to pounce. Mainly because the Lions done pounced on them. Not sure why some feel that McKenzie OR Dresden are unsportsmanlike or not humble. I've never seen either team or fans act either way to another team. Just because a team has success for a few years or a few games does not qualify them for those labels. For MANY years Huntingdon beat us regularly for 10-15 years straight and it got kind of amusing sometimes but we all still got along and didn't disband the county because of it.

I have your back on this issue and so do a lot of other Rebel fans.

It was good to see Dresden's fans actually getting into the game and making some noise. Most of the time it's like watching a game in a funeral home. Typically the players or even coaches have to gesture to get the fans up. Think we could borrow your fan handbook and pass it out this Friday night? Dresden's fans need to start making noise at all games from now on. My train horn will bein soon so I'll do my part.

It was good to see Dresden's fans actually getting into the game and making some noise. Most of the time it's like watching a game in a funeral home. Typically the players or even coaches have to gesture to get the fans up. Think we could borrow your fan handbook and pass it out this Friday night? Dresden's fans need to start making noise at all games from now on. My train horn will bein soon so I'll do my part.

LOL :thumb:

We don't have a "fan handbook" we just finally figured out that the fans are the last necessary ingredient to a winning team. Our horns are a not so easy project but have come to be liked so........