Mckenzie Hosts Riverside

duckman38201

Has anyone on here got any ideas at all about the game. I know you do. How have practices been going this week? What are the two teams gearing up for? Got a good idea where my Rebels are at right now and I'm likin' it. What about the Panthers? Untill someone proves me wrong I'm going with the Rebels by 10 or less.

I dont know about McKenzie but Riverside has been practicing a 5 wide set. It was hard for them to get a lot of reps yesterday in the gym, but maybe it will pan out. Dont really know McKenzie does against the pass

I've seen some clips of Riverside and they are a very fundamental and sound team. They have to be to get this far. I look for this to be a good match-up of D's. Which one is going to step up this week, well I'm going with my Rebels. Seen them to many times against wing-t teams and know what they are capable of. Coaches seem to have a great knack for this style O and our boys do a very good job of executing the plan. I think we are faster so that might play into the game plan as well. Regardless, we have to play to our potential and I think we can come out on top. It should be fun to watch.

I dont know about McKenzie but Riverside has been practicing a 5 wide set. It was hard for them to get a lot of reps yesterday in the gym, but maybe it will pan out. Dont really know McKenzie does against the pass

Well I can say without a doubt and I'm sure others well say the same thing. We are very good in the secondary 3 of the 4 starters have been back there for 2-3 years now. No practice in the gtm here yesterday. Boys were outside until you couldn't see the whites in their eyes. Like someone else said in previous post or thread, not sure where, but this is one of the strongest D's we have had. They are very physical and get to the ball very well. No one person stands out, all a team effort although we do have Mr Football finalist in the lineman cat, which he plays MLB and is very good.

On the short and intermedoate passes (up to 15 yards) one may be OK to some extent but, you better be good at it. Start going long and it could just as easily be 6 for us as you. We got some thieves in the secondary. But, ya'll don't throw enough to worry with that. Throw if you want. That's the facts and nothing but the facts. How's the Panther D?

This game will come down to the D!!!!!!

I've seen some clips of Riverside and they are a very fundamental and sound team. They have to be to get this far. I look for this to be a good match-up of D's. Which one is going to step up this week, well I'm going with my Rebels. Seen them to many times against wing-t teams and know what they are capable of. Coaches seem to have a great knack for this style O and our boys do a very good job of executing the plan. I think we are faster so that might play into the game plan as well. Regardless, we have to play to our potential and I think we can come out on top. It should be fun to watch.

Wing T?????? Rebels seen that a time or two in recent history!!!!!!! Only time we had a problem with that was when Marco Dailey waa takin' the snaps. BUT, it is a great offense if one has the personell to run it!!!

Edited by duckman38201

i think the style of wing t that riverside runs may be a little different from others they have seen this season. i do agree that d will win it though.

Riverside by 7

I agree except the outcome will be Rebels by 7 :roflolk:

Our O is not the explosive type, more of a substained 12-15 play drives that eat alot of clock. Kinda like the Panthers per say. So in that I think it will be a low scoring affair. D will be the biggest, but a specail teams play here or there will also determine this one IMO.

Welcome to the club

It's no big deal. Just trying to get fans from these two teams talking and get the other mess out of the way. Seems to be working some too. This is gonna be a great game and we deserve the right to talk peacefully about it without needless whizzing contests. I got no problem with smack talk. But don't get personal guys and remember, we are talking about high school football.

With that said, Rebels gonna rock Friday night. Heard it here first!!! Tha' Beast is warming up.

On the short and intermedoate passes (up to 15 yards) one may be OK to some extent but, you better be good at it. Start going long and it could just as easily be 6 for us as you. We got some thieves in the secondary. But, ya'll don't throw enough to worry with that. Throw if you want. That's the facts and nothing but the facts. How's the Panther D?

This game will come down to the D!!!!!!

Seems like they like to blitz alot from what I have seen (have a good clue too). If that is the case, they better be ready on our short routes and we all know how well we can throw the ball in that realm. Richie, Rob T or Kirby get in the open, they ain't gonna catch'em.

It's no big deal. Just trying to get fans from these two teams talking and get the other mess out of the way. Seems to be working some too. This is gonna be a great game and we deserve the right to talk peacefully about it without needless whizzing contests. I got no problem with smack talk. But don't get personal guys and remember, we are talking about high school football.

With that said, Rebels gonna rock Friday night. Heard it here first!!! Tha' Beast is warming up.

I agree duck, I posted a few times on the others then just gave up. Smack is all fun when it pertains to the game. Of course we gonna boost up our team and Riverside is gonna do the same for theirs. No problem with that what so ever.....so get ready Panthers, you entering a danger zone Friday night, Be warned........

i think the style of wing t that riverside runs may be a little different from others they have seen this season. i do agree that d will win it though.

Riverside by 7

I'm an old guy and I grew up playing against a wing T. Not many "styles" of it. A wing T is a wing T. D will definitely win this game but don't styalize the wing T. It is what it is. Dang good O though for a running tean. If I was coaching now and only had running talent that is the way I would go!!!!!! It's the mis-direction factor. Rebels are pretty good at smacing that down though!! Gonna be fun Friday night though.

Hoping for a safe trip for my friends from Decatur Co. Actually have one friend coming from there to eat dinner with me before the game.

This ain't the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But in two weeks +/- it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

I agree except the outcome will be Rebels by 7 :roflolk:

Our O is not the explosive type, more of a substained 12-15 play drives that eat alot of clock. Kinda like the Panthers per say. So in that I think it will be a low scoring affair. D will be the biggest, but a specail teams play here or there will also determine this one IMO.

Yea the panthers are a grind it out type ofteam but lik mckenzie they have a couple of kids who can be explosive. But I think riverside needs more of those long drives against mckenzie. I think time of possession may be one of the biggest factors inthis game because with the defenses being soo good the offenses need to wear outthe d. Look for parham and phelps to bring the heat for Tha defense and white to carry the load on offense. O line will b huge. Hopefully I'll get hoarse from one, two, three First Down. goodluck panthers goin with you by a score of 20-14