Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

It was on the front page of the local newspaper. we have a great plan though. dont forget we werent able to us #5 much last week and we still had 300yds rushing.

does anyone know if whitehaven coverd the feild before the rain hit?

Unfortunately, something like that will NEVER happen to a Memphis City School football field. They simply do not have the necessary resource$.

---------------------------------------

Whitehaven's field is going to be a MUDDY mess, especially around the 50-yard line, where the grass is nearly non-existent. Heck, the football field @ Halle Stadium (Ridgeway - Hendersonville game site) is going to be even worse, as there is ZERO grass remaining down the center of the field, from one 40-yard line to the other 40-yard line.

It's about 9:15 pm and the rain is still falling in buckets! In fact, it's been raining steadily since about 3 pm or so! That's on top of all the rain that we got yesterday....If I had to guess, I'd say that we've gotten about 4 to 5 inches of rain since yesterday.

The weather is simply miserable here in Memphis. Although tomorrow night is forecasted to be rain-free, it's still going to be wet and very cold -- around 32 degrees at kickoff time.

Unfortunately, something like that will NEVER happen to a Memphis City School football field. They simply do not have the necessary resource$.

---------------------------------------

Whitehaven's field is going to be a MUDDY mess, especially around the 50-yard line, where the grass is nearly non-existent. Heck, the football field @ Halle Stadium (Ridgeway - Hendersonville game site) is going to be even worse, as there is ZERO grass remaining down the center of the field, from one 40-yard line to the other 40-yard line.

It's about 9:15 pm and the rain is still falling in buckets! In fact, it's been raining steadily since about 3 pm or so! That's on top of all the rain that we got yesterday....If I had to guess, I'd say that we've gotten about 4 to 5 inches of rain since yesterday.

The weather is simply miserable here in Memphis. Although tomorrow night is forecasted to be rain-free, it's still going to be wet and very cold -- around 32 degrees at kickoff time.

Time to break out the old baseball cleats :roflol:

and sucks for you guys...ima sadly be listening on the radio while im stuck at work

Turf? LMAO!!!!! :roflol:

DannyQ,

Obviously, Smyrna fans are not familiar with the clueless, 2nd-rate, broke-and-got-no-money Memphis Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA)!!

"Tarp?"

Sorry, fans -- about the best that we can do is PRAY that nobody gets severely injured as a direct result of the guaranteed-to-be-extra-slippery-sloppy football field, tomorrow night.

Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I have a bad feeling about this one. If it were at Smyrna with a 100% Jeremiah and Deon, I would have no trouble saying the Dogs by 2 touchdowns. However, it just seems like the deck is stacked against them this week. Whitehaven is no joke. They have serious athletes with serious size.

Last week Bryson played a little and you could tell he was hurting finally having to limp off in the 2nd half. Now with the news of Meadows being gone, that just adds to the uneasy feeling. The other tailbacks were/are more than competent to step in for Bryson, however, replacing Meadows is not quite as simple. Can other guys step up...absolutely. I just don't have that usually confident feeling right now. As it stands right now, I call it a coin flip.

Good luck and safe travels to those making the trip.

Guys, as much as I hate to say it, I have a bad feeling about this one. If it were at Smyrna with a 100% Jeremiah and Deon, I would have no trouble saying the Dogs by 2 touchdowns.However, it just seems like the deck is stacked against them this week. Whitehaven is no joke. They have serious athletes with serious size.

This about sums it up...good luck Bulldogs, leave it all on the field.