St Georges vs Webb

Memphisfootball

Although they are on the eastern half of the state, Baylor is not an East TN team. When people speak of the strength of E TN teams they are speaking of the Greater Knoxville area not Chattanooga area or Tri-Cities area.

I will have to disagree with you on that. If you look at the state map those area's are considered East Tennessee.

Webb is the largest school in their division. Add to that, the fact that they heavily recruit a sizable number of football players and you get the reality that they should win their division. Teams don't gain respect for doing what they should be doing. That is the very reason that some of the schools choose to play "up" to AA. To Webbs credit, they schedule tough non league games and have agreed to play in Kickoff Classic which will earn them more respect than the state titles in A. They have an awesome football program.

I would love to know where you got "that they heavily recruit a sizable number". That is so false and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Unfortunately I don't think you can point out one boy on the football team that was "recruited" for their raw, athletic ability. Every young man on that team must also meet, in addition to an exhausting football schedule, the same academic rigors that is expected of everyone else at that school.

I am glad that by playing up/up/up in 2011 Webb may be worthy of your esteem and respect. It will be an exciting game for everyone. :thumb:

Congrats to Webb. I was wondering how many of Webb's football players are on scholarship or financial aid and how many starters on the football team are on scholarship or financial aid? This is not a flame. Webb has a wonderful school facility, outstanding athletic teams and coaches, and I bet they have a large endowment. I am fearful that most teams in Division II, Class A will not be able to compete because of the number of scholarships Webb can offer due to their financial resources. Am I correct? Once again congrats to Webb on a perfect season

Unfortunately I don't think you can point out one boy on the football team that was "recruited" for their raw, athletic ability. Every young man on that team must also meet, in addition to an exhausting football schedule, the same academic rigors that is expected of everyone else at that school.

I am glad that by playing up/up/up in 2011 Webb may be worthy of your esteem and respect. It will be an exciting game for everyone. :thumb:

Am I understanding what you are saying? Is Webb playing up to Division II, Class AA in 2011?

Congrats to Webb. I was wondering how many of Webb's football players are on scholarship or financial aid and how many starters on the football team are on scholarship or financial aid? This is not a flame. Webb has a wonderful school facility, outstanding athletic teams and coaches, and I bet they have a large endowment. I am fearful that most teams in Division II, Class A will not be able to compete because of the number of scholarships Webb can offer due to their financial resources. Am I correct? Once again congrats to Webb on a perfect season

Okay... to answer you' re questions... there are zero kids on "scholarship" playing football for Webb, there are zero kids in the school on scholarship. i'd say there are about 5 kids on Webb's roster who need financial aid to simply go to the school. Not for football only and all those kids must qualify academically to stay in the school so saying Webb "heavily recruits" and puts players on scholarship is false. You should look up at Div. II AA if you want to see some real "recruiting".

Okay... to answer you' re questions... there are zero kids on "scholarship" playing football for Webb, there are zero kids in the school on scholarship. i'd say there are about 5 kids on Webb's roster who need financial aid to simply go to the school. Not for football only and all those kids must qualify academically to stay in the school so saying Webb "heavily recruits" and puts players on scholarship is false. You should look up at Div. II AA if you want to see some real "recruiting".

Pot,

The DII-AA schools are subject to the same rules that the DII-A schools are. What is the distinction that makes the DII-AA schools more worthy of being "looked up"?

Looking forward to the answer.

Kettle

Oh no. You fired first. And any scholarships that are offered, they are for financial reasons not athletic.

You whine alot rrr! :roflolk:

I guess your sad that the everyone NOW knows the lil girlie schools are not even in the race for being the best high school teams in TN. And furthermore scared to death to play A Real Championship quality team from Blount County, the home of 24 state championships and NOW the home of the "ELITE" bowl game in the state! A bowl game that Ensworth and MBA are so scared to play in, they turn down $3500 for travel! :roflolk:

Now, Spin the words all you want with your elitest club attitude there rrr, but I KNOW who backed out! So, go OOS all you want........but, the BEST play in the Twin City Bowl!

Wow, BCsportsfan, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!! You have boldly and successfully strayed onto the DII board, and with a combination of name-calling, belligerence and outright lies, you have humbled not only us on these boards, but the student-athletes at each of our schools. I think I can speak for each and every one of us in saying that we bow to you and ask that you please allow us to continue playing in our useless little divisions. I love the way you leach self-esteem from the success of high school boys. Very impressive! Your posts are so grounded in fact and logic that I will hereafter adopt your opinion in all things related to high school football. Pray tell, are you as expert in other sports - basketball or wrestling, perhaps???? If so, I concede my opinion to you in those as well.

I hope you are not representative of what Alcoa football is all about. Best wishes to the real Alcoa players, staff and fans for a healthy and happy off-season.

• Upvote 1

I would love to know where you got "that they heavily recruit a sizable number". That is so false and you have no idea what you are talking about.

The school website said they gave out 1.5 million dollars of financial aid in the 2009-2010 school year. I seriously doubt the bulk of that went to the cross country team. Enough of this topic. No one will ever believe that D2 schools do not recruit athletes and "heavily recruit" when they have wealthy alumni. Hope everyone has a great basketball season.