St Georges vs Webb

Memphisfootball

Actually they both are considered in the east division. Look at it on Coacht. :wacko:

DSM, I think we may have simply miscommunicated. My point was that while we all know they are technically in the "east," they are not in the area that most people are referring to when they talk about the strength of "East TN football" as compared to other parts of the state. Just as when people are talking about East TN football, they are not referring to Elizabethton or Kingsport DB. Same goes for the Chattanooga teams. These are Northeast and Southeast TN in most peoples' book and when they have referred to the E TN strength over the years, they are pointing to greater Knoxville schools from areas such as Knoxville, Blount County, Oak Ridge, etc. where some argue (year in / year out) the top teams are. JMHO.

I would just like to set the record straight. I attended Webb and was a member of both the 2006 and the 2009 state championship teams. I received fin aid because I needed it and not because of any athletic ability I possessed. As far as I know, this is the case for all Webb students that receive fin aid. Not once in my four years did I ever hear of a player being offered an "athletic scholarship" or anything similar. I can attest to the fact that every single applicant to attend Webb has to pass an entrance exam in order to even be considered for attendance. I can say with absolute faith that Coach Meske is an upstanding man with the highest moral principles who would never recruit players, ever. I attended the 2010 State Championship in Cookville and was tremendously proud of my spartans. With all due respect to the other posters on this site, I firmly believe that Webb has one the best football programs in the state. I am speaking from first hand knowledge. I sweat and bled for four years with the rest of the class of 2010 seniors to win that gold ball. And we did. I absolutely cannot wait to see the Alcoa vs Webb game next season. I hope I have settled this discussion once and for all

I would just like to set the record straight. I attended Webb and was a member of both the 2006 and the 2009 state championship teams. I received fin aid because I needed it and not because of any athletic ability I possessed. As far as I know, this is the case for all Webb students that receive fin aid. Not once in my four years did I ever hear of a player being offered an "athletic scholarship" or anything similar. I can attest to the fact that every single applicant to attend Webb has to pass an entrance exam in order to even be considered for attendance. I can say with absolute faith that Coach Meske is an upstanding man with the highest moral principles who would never recruit players, ever. I attended the 2010 State Championship in Cookville and was tremendously proud of my spartans. With all due respect to the other posters on this site, I firmly believe that Webb has one the best football programs in the state. I am speaking from first hand knowledge. I sweat and bled for four years with the rest of the class of 2010 seniors to win that gold ball. And we did. I absolutely cannot wait to see the Alcoa vs Webb game next season. I hope I have settled this discussion once and for all

:thumb: