St Georges vs Webb

Memphisfootball

I think there will be a lot of factors that go into the game on Thursday. Does Webb have speed? Yes. Does SG have speed? Yes. I came through a very good football program in high school and one things that our coaches always harped on us is that speed kills! There is A LOT of truth to that, but you have to be well coached as well. I think both teams are well coached & and both teams have good dicipline. Webb has two major things going in there favor going into the game.

1. Webb does not have to spend the night in a hotel. I dont care what you say, there is something to be said about sleeping in your own bed.

2. Webb is bigger than SG. Up front, Webb has the potential to man handle the Gryphons O & D lines if they let them.

Dont get me wrong, I am not doubting Webbs speed, however SG has speed too. I think everyone is getting really caught up on the Blance brothers. What happened to the the running back from FRA and the Williams kid from Davidson? They didnt have near the games that they nor the people in the state thought that they would have when they went to SG in the play-offs. I dont think that either one of thoes kids had rushing yards over 100 when they played the Gryphons. Who will win? I am not sure, I think it will be a well played game on both sides. Good luck to both teams, but I feel that it I HAVE to make a prediction. With that said...

SG 21

Webb 17

I agree with everything you say up until when you make the statement that "everyone is getting really caught up on the Blance brothers." Ok well the reason why everyone is getting caught up on them is because they are that good. I watched the running backs from FRA and Davidson Academy and neither are in the same league as these two. And these two are in the backfield together which makes them that much harder to stop. I am not saying that St.George does not have speed on defense but what I am saying is that they have not played against two running backs that are even close to how fast and quick the Blance brothers are. From what I have seen, the Blance brothers are in a league of their own and they get stronger as the game goes on and most defenses get a lot weaker as the game goes on because they get hit by those pulling guards and tackles of Webb every play.

I agree with you as well, Vols12345678. The Blance brothers are very good football player, and the fact they are in the same back field makes Webb a very scary football team. Im sure it doesn't sit well with SG that one is a junior and the other is only a sophomore. However, I have watched a number of Webbs games this year and the D line that they have faced are PARR at best. I think that if a d line is coached well and taught how to take on the pull and bounce everything to LBs and DEs then SG should be fine. I thins SG is a very well coached football team and I feel sure that they are going to have a well thought out game plan to take on those pulls and kick outs. I think if SG can keep the big play in Webbs pocket then they will have a much better chance at winning this game. They have to make Webb earn everything they get. On the other hand, Webb has has got to be prepared for the multiple sets and formations that SG is capable of lining up in on offense. I think that preparing for the wishbone alone is a tall task in itself, let alone worrying about everything else. I don't know, I am really ready to see what happens on Thursday. It is going to be a great high school football game. Maybe the best of all eight games!! THURSDAY CANT GET HERE FAST ENOUGH!!

I'm just so glad Knox Webb decided to move down to DII A. :roflol:

I think the folks at Webb say they didnt move down but they are playing where TSSAA classified them to play. They have a great coaching staff for the offensive system they run. My opinion is that playing in AA requires adjustments throughout the season for specific games and maybe they just didnt want to do that. Its a good high school system to run if you plug in the right players.

Webbs got this one, the Blance brothers along with a very underrated third back in the backfield are going to be too much for St. Georges as they have been too much for every team they've played almost since they have been in high school. the youngest brother has only lost one game in high school and i dont see why this one will be any different. Wormsley will add one or two touchdown throws as he did in last years state championship game and the defense is young but very aggressive with an advantage on the line. One main factor in my opinion is experience and Webb has all of that, they beat St. Georges in the first round last year and as we all know won the championship with confidence. I haven't seen much of St. Georges and they are obviously in this game for a reason and undefeated for a reason therefore im hoping it wil be more of a contest than last years game turned out to be. My guess is 31 21 spartans on top.

I expect this game to be very competitive and close until late. I believe Webb's offense will wear down St. George's in the second half and gain the advantage to win by 2 scores.

St. George's will have to find a way to slow down the Webb running game which involves all 3 of their talented RBs and a very good o-line that is playing very well as a unit. If they load the box and sell out on stopping the run then expect Webb to exploit some openings in the passing game.

Webb's defense is young but very capable and will be challenged to stop the St. George's offense as effectively as last year's senior-heavy defense did in the first round. I expect St. George's will move the ball but the Spartan defense will cause a couple of turnovers with their aggressive and hard hitting play.

In the end, I believe the Webb coaching staff will make a huge difference in this game. They are experienced and have this team prepared for anything. They are also very good at making adjustments to their gameplan to gain advantages on offense and defense.

Should be a great game to watch. Hope it's injury free and everyone from both schools has a safe trip to Cookeville and back home.