HENDERSONVILLE @ RIDGEWAY

Newcastle

Looks like from the highlights on TV Commandos had a huge night on special teams. Blocked punt down close to the goal line, kickoff return for a TD to start the 2nd half by Ryan Rogers and made all extra points (Ridgeway did not(. From what I understand not pretty as usual but still a win!! Still can't believe Joe Townsend is a not a Mr. Football finalist!! GO COMMANDOS!!!

the stats were just posted on the Tennessean web site:

total offense

Ridgeway 394

Hville 130

first downs

Ridgeway 16

Hville 7

Turnovers

Ridgeway threw 1 pick

Hville had no turnovers

It doesn't matter how you win as long as you win!! Congrats to Ridgeway on a great year and good luck next year, they have a lot of returning starters.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Commandon'tPride10,

I am a Henry County Patriot fan. Hendersonville plays cheap. They will lose Friday.

Hendersonville's D was great last night. 1st half, we shut the roadrunner offense down. 2nd half was a little scary, gave up 2 scores, stopped the extra points. In the end we held our ground. Only negative thing was missed field goal in 1st qtr. Right before half time took to long to call time out, got in field goal range with a second on the clock and didnt have time to get the kick. It was a great game to say the least.

Offense didnt put up nearly as much yards BUT got the points Special teams was amazing. First kickoff Hendersonville onsides and recovers it. It caught everyone in the stadium off guard. I couldnt believe it.

As i said Smyrna Beats WHitehaven

HHS is finally gonna get the respect they deserved.

Ridgeway fans, I'm reading that HHS is accused of being a dirty team in some prior threads. Was this your experience? Hopefully these were isolated incidences and not your experience last night. Any thoughts?

That's their only excuse and it will always be there only excuse. Hendersonville deserves more respect than they are getting.

Ridgeway player got ejected last night for tryin to upper cut one of Hendersonville players. Thats my thought

I asked my son about this play & he said that the H'ville player said, after owning the R'way dude, "you ain't got "caca" you little "kittycat" & the guy punched his face-mask. Perfect, if you ask me. My mama would've blushed if there was a mic on our line. F150 from HC started this "dirty players" crap with the "eye gouging" and it is bull....

These guys are grappling/grabbing anything they can in the trenches. That's why a cup is recommended by the TSA! ;)

Fly much, F150? Maybe band camp next year? Hmmm...

GO COMMANDOS!

I asked my son about this play & he said that the H'ville player said, after owning the R'way dude, "you ain't got "caca" you little "kittycat" & the guy punched his face-mask. Perfect, if you ask me. My mama would've blushed if there was a mic on our line. F150 from HC started this "dirty players" crap with the "eye gouging" and it is bull....

These guys are grappling/grabbing anything they can in the trenches. That's why a cup is recommended by the TSA! ;)

Fly much, F150? Maybe band camp next year? Hmmm...

GO COMMANDOS!

LOL I love it. We did a great job slowing them down and getting to their qb you could tell how frustrated he was getting. The best they did at running the ball was sweeping it to the outside. I remember only 1 time they had a big run up the middle. They have some great athletes though. It just came down to team effort and we came out on top with a well deserved win. Great job by the Hendersonville players and coaches

You are right. "Film never lies" Based upon what you have discerned from 'Youtube' and what other resources you have available .... Ridgeway hasn't played any team of quality since the beginning of the year. Melrose and East had losing records and White Station was a 500 team. Ridgeway has not seen a team like Hendersonville where the competition they play is much better throughout. Memphis teams are hyped to be really good and then when they meet a middle Tennnessee school, they lose. Oh yeah ... Smyna is just going to come in a beat Whitehaven as well ... because ... well ... Smyrna just plays stiffer competition and has beaten better teams in the playoffs ... and well ... Smyrna is just better.

Does that about sum it up?

Well ... when you mighty middle Tennessee teams come in Memphis and show us what REAL football is all about ... just don't hurt anybody in the process, ok? Could you at least do that? Please?

Thank you Barnburner for the education and correcting us Memphis folk on our folly. What on earth were we thinking?

:thumb: Appears he was right on both games. Hendersonville and Smyrna both won tough games. Middle TN teams prevail once again. Proof is in the pudding.

Enjoy your crow. :roflol: