McNairy Central Football 2011

jungletiger

With sutton gone next season due to a knee injury it will be tough. I do not understand why he was playing with a partial tear. The doctor said by glover making him play finished his knee off and his high school career-this was a total shame. The team is down on glover for yet another selfish stunt. The basketball coach is a good person at least he cared enought to take him to the doctor. Justin Sutton is a class act and a great player!

You are a complete moron!! What you need to do is find a new job because you sucked at yours! He went to the doctors three separate times during the season and no one could find nothing wrong with his knee. Get your facts straight. Unfortunate what happened to the young man, but to get on here and use him like some kind of pawn is as low as it gets, and I thought the comment you made about Glover telling the sophomores to vote for a ugly girl was stupid, nope that is still stupid! Do everyone a favor and shut up.

You are a complete moron!! What you need to do is find a new job because you sucked at yours! He went to the doctors three separate times during the season and no one could find nothing wrong with his knee. Get your facts straight. Unfortunate what happened to the young man, but to get on here and use him like some kind of pawn is as low as it gets, and I thought the comment you made about Glover telling the sophomores to vote for a ugly girl was stupid, nope that is still stupid! Do everyone a favor and shut up.

My son is a freshman on the football team and I am close personal friends with his mother, and he was not checked out by a qualified doctor until the basketball coach insisted he go. This young mans career has been ruined...why was he still playing? Word is community leaders met with a possible replacement for the coach over holidays, parents want assistants to stay just glover gone.

All you guys do is run the program down, not the coach. You think you get on here are are doing good, please. You can't win because your kids go home and have to listen to this crap. Here is a idea, support you program!! You three have done nothing on here but talk bad about the coaches. You don't want that program to be successful, you guys have personal vendettas. Really sad.

Edited by Kirk Herbstreit

I don't have any inside information. I'm not part of the powers that be within the program. But I will form some opinions from the converstions that I have had with some people, the kids, and the play on the field. Also, I don't have personal feelings against him.

1. Maybe the kids are bringing this home to the parents. I know from the talks I've had with some of the players, they are not happy. Each one said most of the team doesn't like how things are going. If you can't get the kids to buy into the program, then how can you build one?

2. Why do you keep playing your starters the whole game when you are getting beat by 20+ and the game is out of reach? Alot of the kids are playing both ways and they are still in the game til the end. I believe that's one reason they keep having so many injuries. They keep getting beat down. Even if they have minor injuries, they still playing. Get the other kids in, get them some playing time to develop. Save your starters for the next week. A loss is a loss, no matter by 20 or 35.

3. Why not try playing some other kids if your starters are not getting the job done. The defense was horrible again this year but the same players kept going back on the field. It couldn't get any worse if you tried some other guys. You might actually find some kids than can produce. Some kids play better in games than they practice. It also sends a message to the starters that they have to work to keep their jobs or you'll find someone else.

4. Now the Sutton situation. From my understanding, Sutton hurt his Knee in the preseason. I heard he was questionable for the Ripley game and he missed some practices the few weeks before that game. Just about everyone talked about how his knee was hurt all year. You could tell by the way he was walking and the way he ran the ball. Yet, he played both ways, and about always played til the very end of the game. They may not knew how badly he was hurt, but he still had to know there was a problem. He never should have kept playing him the way he did. If Justin's career is over, that's a shame. After his frosh year, it looked like he was going to be one of the best backs, if not the best back, to come through Mcnairy. It's a shame it's not turned out that way. I just hope he can still get some good college offers. He's a great kid.

5. I don't know if it's true or not, but I have been told that some of the powers that be got Browder forced out because they wanted Glover. Personally, never was a big fan of Browder but the man could coach. So if you are going to force him out, you better make sure the guy you bring in can get the job done. I thought Glover might be able to do it but I don't think he will or can. Maybe wrong but I just don't see it. I like how he was able to get more support from the community but that's even starting to go down. I also like how he's trying to improve the weight room. There have been some good things but I think the negatives outweigh those.

6. The talent was there this year and it will be there next year. I've saw some people say they don't have it but it's not true. They have the talent especially for a high powered offense. With they way the district has been down and they can't do better than 3-7. What is going to happen if these other teams start playing like they use to?

Edited by LetMeHearYA

You are right on target let me hear ya. I played for both coaches and Glover is not even close to Browder in coaching ability. Its not even funny. Its like a guy said the other day we went hunting for a coach and got a politician. Some people are even mentioning stroup as a possible coach. The program is so down it will take a few years to revive it.