Cookeville

gatorbillmsu

Good to read your post PHargis. Cookeville is our biggest rival, but with or without Johnson i'm quite confident our season and our district play will still be quite good. We are starting a freshman and 2 sophomores, as well as 2 seniors. So far we are looking better than even I expected. :thumb:

85, I still keep up with the District because District 6 and 7 Regional winners still have to play in the sub staate but it may be the schools out of District 5 and 8. Boy thats confusing but think about it a minute. I'm sure news carried all over White when it got out. Cookeville just found some more six footers to plug in to the system. This total situation is quite unusual and I'm afraid to ask any questions. There are certainly no winners. 44s in a position to know what is going on. If he says things need to move on, they need to move on but those who follow Cookeville or have followed the team over the years, no matter where they are located know who was coming back, realize the caliber athletes that were in the Junior and Senior class this year. With the right goals, this could have been a State Tournament team. Playing as hard as they did, and with some players playing two sports, I hope burnout did not enter in to the situation as they lost a very hard sub state match in Volleyball to keep them from going to the State. When you have the athletes and are a school the size as Cookeville, you seem to play on a very high level in a lot of sports. Seasons tend to overlap, nerves and recovering from the previous season is not easily done. Even following the trek they would have to make to get thru the state in Districts 5, 6, 7, and 8, it could be done. It would be a lot of work. Enough published on the matter. 85, have a good season. Edited by PHargis

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly believe that the Jr. and Sr. left as they did, coach runs a good ship and for whatever Johnson did I am sure it was dealt with. Thing is every child situation I am sure is different, consequences might be set differently accordingly. I bet the coach handled it in a way that was suited for the situation. It is jsut unfortunate that parents allowed the other team members QUIT. If I had to guess and I am guessing whatever happened had nothing to do with the girls that quit. In the girls future this sort of behavior is not going to get them thru their adult life. I totally realize this is not any of my business but it saddens me to see a program get effected in this way, although the girls left behind will rise above and basically become better players it is just such a poor example set by the girls that left. Reminds me of the idea if things don't go their way in the future they will bail out. If I were them I would before time passes rethink decision and get back on board with the program. Kids that give up sports can suddenly loose all their discipline and make some really bad choices in the future that can effect them worse on down the line. Good luck to Coach and asst. :popcorneater::popcorneater:

I can assure you that you do not know the whole story, or I believe that your post would have a different tone to it.

Sometimes in life, you have to stand for what you believe is right. I feel bad for those left behind also. The kids that are left on this team now are good kids, and are playing their tails off. I wish them all the very best. They will learn and grow as players and people, and they will be better for it.

But Im not looking down on the ones that took a stand either. I know the things they took a stand for, and sometimes that just has to be done. I hope it does not scare them off from taking a stand for what it right in the future. This was not about spoiled kids. It was not about meddling parents. It was about taking a stand for what you feel is right.

There are a lot of people here that know that I am completely against quitting. I dont like transfers for more playing time. I dont like transfers for better coaching. I dont like quitting because things dont go your way. But standing up for what is right is something to be proud of. Even if it doesnt work out for the best. And keep in mind, they didnt just go in to the coaches office and say "we quit". They took a stand to try to get things corrected for the betterment of the team and the program. And they were basically told that their values did not matter.

If they were my kids, I would have been proud of them. Sad for them, but proud.

:popcorneater:

Your Right I do not know the whole story, thank you for filling in the blanks, It was brought to my attention about what the Johnson girl may have done and I do admire the girls for taking a stand, I stand to be corrected. Apparently the punishment given was possibly the avenue for her to exit the team, not sure. I can only imagine the girls that left have vested many years in their game and just truly hate to see them feel that had to leave, I also think about the girls that chose to stay and where they stand in all this, I really hate it all the way around and only wish that there could be a equal medium in all this. Nobody is perfect and everyone deserves chances to get it right. What ever the coach chose to do I have to think that she prayed about it and did what she thought was right in this sort of circumstance. But again when I posted my post I had just bits and pieces to this situation, and I really hate to see girls give up something they have worked so very hard for, the Sr. year is suppose to be a great year to remember and sure this one will be remembered just hope there are no regrets. Forgive me

I can assure you that you do not know the whole story, or I believe that your post would have a different tone to it.

Sometimes in life, you have to stand for what you believe is right. I feel bad for those left behind also. The kids that are left on this team now are good kids, and are playing their tails off. I wish them all the very best. They will learn and grow as players and people, and they will be better for it.

But Im not looking down on the ones that took a stand either. I know the things they took a stand for, and sometimes that just has to be done. I hope it does not scare them off from taking a stand for what it right in the future. This was not about spoiled kids. It was not about meddling parents. It was about taking a stand for what you feel is right.

There are a lot of people here that know that I am completely against quitting. I dont like transfers for more playing time. I dont like transfers for better coaching. I dont like quitting because things dont go your way. But standing up for what is right is something to be proud of. Even if it doesnt work out for the best. And keep in mind, they didnt just go in to the coaches office and say "we quit". They took a stand to try to get things corrected for the betterment of the team and the program. And they were basically told that their values did not matter.

If they were my kids, I would have been proud of them. Sad for them, but proud.

:popcorneater:

Your Right I do not know the whole story, thank you for filling in the blanks, It was brought to my attention about what the Johnson girl may have done and I do admire the girls for taking a stand, I stand to be corrected. Apparently the punishment given was possibly the avenue for her to exit the team, not sure. I can only imagine the girls that left have vested many years in their game and just truly hate to see them feel that had to leave, I also think about the girls that chose to stay and where they stand in all this, I really hate it all the way around and only wish that there could be a equal medium in all this. Nobody is perfect and everyone deserves chances to get it right. What ever the coach chose to do I have to think that she prayed about it and did what she thought was right in this sort of circumstance. But again when I posted my post I had just bits and pieces to this situation, and I really hate to see girls give up something they have worked so very hard for, the Sr. year is suppose to be a great year to remember and sure this one will be remembered just hope there are no regrets. Forgive me

you are absolutely right, this is just a bad thing all around.

I feel for the kids that are left, the kids that are gone, and the coaches that have to deal with all of the problems.

I certainly did not intend to bash anyone when I started this thread, but I didnt want the kids left to hang in the wind either. I think the kids the left had good reason. I wish it hadn't went the way it did for them, but they took a big stand and I think they will be better people in the long run because of it.

I also didnt intend to sound like I was being harsh towards you. It is very obvious that you care about these kids, and that is always a good thing.

I hope all turns out for the best for all of these girls.

Go Cavs.