7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild is a good coach but lets get real. Its the talent that is making him look good. Not him making the talent look good. When he was at Franklin County he didn't look like he was so great. Why, because of talent. Not meant to be a knock on Wild. He may be the best coach in this district, but you could probably put me coaching Riverdale and they might still be undefeated. So far, he is doing what he should do with that talent. Like I said earlier, if he doesn't win a state championship with that talent, he should be fired.

I do agree that we are LOADED with talent however he has been getting some knocks for not being a good coach...we have seen teams with a ton of talent (last year lavergne right)and they did not achieve their goals...it is going to take our talent plus coaching to achieve our goals of another STATE CHAMPIIONSHIP and the previous coach gave coach wild a lot of credit for his work and i think it showed again last night

While they likely would not do it, Most of the top womens coaches in the State could be a small college coach and others could be DI assts or head coaches. That has been evident for the past few years. They would have to have a fire in their belly to do so. Experience in recruiting is the main issue. they would also have to have some

AAU background also. Right now, in Middle Tennessee there are at least 12-15 who are or could be. Other parts of the State have a number also.

I do agree that we are LOADED with talent however he has been getting some knocks for not being a good coach...we have seen teams with a ton of talent (last year lavergne right)and they did not achieve their goals...it is going to take our talent plus coaching to achieve our goals of another STATE CHAMPIIONSHIP and the previous coach gave coach wild a lot of credit for his work and i think it showed again last night

I personally am not knocking his coaching ability. The talent is so good at Riverdale right now I guess its hard for me to be impressed by the coaching but he doesn't have to impress me does he. He is obviously a great coach. How great, we will find out when and if the talent ever declines while he is there.

I personally am not knocking his coaching ability. The talent is so good at Riverdale right now I guess its hard for me to be impressed by the coaching but he doesn't have to impress me does he. He is obviously a great coach. How great, we will find out when and if the talent ever declines while he is there.

The thing is that talent isnt declining anytime in the near future

The other side of it is the same thing was said of Maxwell for a while and then that not working, here came the naysayers saying things about recruiting. It brings up the same questions which continue to be asked, how do schools who have winning records keep getting or developing talent. After watching these things happening for a number of years I have come to this conclusion. Good Coaches attract parents and players. Schools who have good coaches are watched by both and somehow great talent winds up there with someone who is able to do the job of developing. Yes, talent gets low sometimes but development continues on. When coaches change, the first thing looked at is how well a new coach can develop. It doesn't take long to see it. Is it early to see that at any of the 7AAA schools. Its your call. RD is deep and is a result of the last 2/3 years or more. Blackman, Siegel have had good luck. Last year, Lavergne and Smyrna were good. Oakland seems to be on its way up but not quite there yet. 7AAA talent is good. I'm waiting now to hear someone say that the new high school is diluting talent or the new proposed high school. Good Coaches attract parents and student athletes in every sport. Those coaches are well connected and see to the needs of their players. Edited by PHargis

so you think those 8-10 points would have made a big difference in a 30 point game?...fair enough we have a rematch coming up soon and we shall see...on another note we did face some adversity in the peach tree tournament when we played the then #4 team in the country and won by 4 and the previous day we play another top ranked team and beat them by 9 so while the district hasnt given us the adversity we have faced some and still won and tonight at 4 we play the #6 team in the state lets see what happens

GO LADY WARRIORS

GO LADY WARRIORS

As a matter of fact...yes. I think had they hit those first 4 or 5 point blank layups that rolled off, they would have had a lead from the get go. They would have earned a measure of respect from RD and even more importantly, the officials.

No sense I guess in debating it because they did not fall and the result is what it is. Blackman got down by double digits quickly and it impacted the balance of the game. I hope they learned from that. And after their (RD) game this weekend, I'm not sure what went wrong or right there but they obviously were able to play successfully from behind and under pressure. I'll have to see Barbee play again because either I am missing something or she just isn't the player I had heard she is. My opinion only and I realize it's not shared by some. Perhaps I'm wrong and when I watch her play again I will try to look beyond what I perceived as selfishness and attitude and look to her skills as I would be less than honest if I did not admit seeing her stamp her foot and gesture toward the bench had a negative impact on me. Didn't help having her strut off court pointing at the scoreboard either. I still say Middleton is the best player on the team, all facets of play, attitude and demeanor considered. That is my opinion based on my observations.

There's no doubt RD is good. We shall see what we shall see. I am enjoying immensely the level of play here. I have been on the other side and it ain't always pretty! :(

Go Blaze!!!

"Good Coaches attract parents and student athletes in every sport. Those coaches are well connected and see to the needs of their players."

And having been on the OTHER side of that also, I am VERY appreciative of, even grateful for the Coaching Staff at Blackman. Good people.

As a matter of fact...yes. I think had they hit those first 4 or 5 point blank layups that rolled off, they would have had a lead from the get go. They would have earned a measure of respect from RD and even more importantly, the officials.

No sense I guess in debating it because they did not fall and the result is what it is. Blackman got down by double digits quickly and it impacted the balance of the game. I hope they learned from that. And after their (RD) game this weekend, I'm not sure what went wrong or right there but they obviously were able to play successfully from behind and under pressure. I'll have to see Barbee play again because either I am missing something or she just isn't the player I had heard she is. My opinion only and I realize it's not shared by some. Perhaps I'm wrong and when I watch her play again I will try to look beyond what I perceived as selfishness and attitude and look to her skills as I would be less than honest if I did not admit seeing her stamp her foot and gesture toward the bench had a negative impact on me. Didn't help having her strut off court pointing at the scoreboard either. I still say Middleton is the best player on the team, all facets of play, attitude and demeanor considered. That is my opinion based on my observations.

There's no doubt RD is good. We shall see what we shall see. I am enjoying immensely the level of play here. I have been on the other side and it ain't always pretty! :(

Go Blaze!!!

Barbee was not her normal self in the 1st half on Saturday. If that was your first time to see her play I can see where you would be skeptical of her abilities- especially with the attitude she exhibited. However, she did finish with 23 pts and 17 rebounds, the majority of which came in the 2nd half and overtime. If you saw any of the state tournament last year you would know that she is the real deal. Middleton gets a lot of her shots because other teams are so keyed in on trying to stop Barbee.

I've seen Barbie play several times and she is the real deal. Not even a question about it. She turns it on when she needs to or wants to. Against Blackman, I don't think she felt she needed to. Against Memphis Central, obviously she needed to in the 2nd half and she did. If she feels her team needs her to play big, then she will. That is why Riverdale probably wont lose. There is so much talent around her (Petty, Henry, Jones, Middleton) they don't even need Barbie against most teams to win. Riverdale does not appear to be very deep in my opinion and this may be there 1 weak spot. But that will only matter if they get in foul trouble and it would probably take Petty and Barbie or Middleton and Barbie to both be in foul trouble to really help.

Blaze, you may be right but I count 8 or 9 potential. I believe they are at least there or how do you practice against that bunch. Looking at the roster there is even a freshman team in the wings that is playing other schools freshman teams. Its not unlike other HS's in Rutherford. The play is not over and while they are good, the rest of the season may bring some other surprises.