Greeneville vs. Trezevant

sportsfan93

The Trezevant coach has been quoted in several news outlets as blaming his teams loss on the refs. Duuuuuuuude! 60-12 is a beatdown of biblical proportions. It doesn't say a lot about you as a coach if you don't use this as a teaching moment for those young men. Good grief if they don't take anything away from their historic trip to Cookeville, they could at least understand that they were defeated by discipline and self-control and their lack thereof.

Edited by barb

Trezevant is the dirtiest playing team I have ever seen play. At least it was broadcasted live and was seen and not he said she said stuff. That coaching staff needs something done, and the players committing the flagrant personal fouls need something done also. Trezevant thugs instead of the bears!!

Congratulations to the Devils. Your hard work and dedication payed off. Enjoy that Gold Ball.

Now lets see if the Memphis school system and the T$$AA react to the idiots standing on the Trezevant sidelines posing as high school coaches. Here's your chance. On TV with everyone watching. If you want people to REALLY believe Memphis sports deserve respect then ban any and all so called staff members from ever walking the sideline again. Show me or except your deserved reputation :thumb:

You cannot blame the kids when they return to the sidelines after committing personal fouls of that nature and the staff says nothing to them. The only word I can think of is pitiful. That staff ranks just about the same spot as the donut ring does for a toilet! :ph34r:

I agree. Something needs to be done about the towel wavers as I call them. They are on the sideline just so they don't have to pay to get in and can claim that they "coach" football. They do nothing to contribute to the coaching of kids that OBVIOUSLY needed it. I also looked at one of the guys I went with and was amazed at the fact that these "coaches" would chew a kid out for something like dropping an interception, but say nothing about blasting a holder that is on one knee and has his back turned.

I Agree with you 100%,but let me ask you one thing was there any taunting from greenvilles sidelines toward trezavants(sp) team?I know after the memphis team does the flagrant things that the camera pans over to greenvilles side lines and the greenville players are 10-15 yards out on the field making gestures to the other team.Did anyone else see this?The game got out of control from not only the coaches,but the officials also.I am pretty sure that someone from the TSSAA office was at the game and I bet game film will be reviewed.All players and coaches should be dealt with.The officiating crew should be dressed down also.

I think Greeneville coaches were upset that the officials were not doing anything to keep the game under control, which is what they are out there to do. Yeah, they could have told their players to settle down, but I think they felt that if the refs weren't going to do anything about Trezevant players going after his boys, why should he stop his from yelling at Trezevant players. I'm sure after looking back on it, the Greeneville staff may have restrained the players a little more. I think everyone saw the Greenville sidelines get out on the field, but not everyone saw the RB antagonizing right next to the Trezevant players. He is a remarkable players, but stuff like that will turn college coaches off if they see it. But whether Greeneville was antagonizing things or not.....many Trezevant players still played with zero control. That being said, let's not forget the few players for Trezevant that were playing the right way. I saw #8 for them trying to calm down #5 (one of the bad ones) and give everything he had on the field without doing anything dirty. Also, #4 on their defense. I know his last name is Muhammed, because it seemed like the first 2 Greeneville drives he made every tackle. I never saw him do anything out of line. Those are all I can remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure there were a few more. So there were a few that got things right, but the ones that got things wrong that I can remember (mainly 32, 5, 51, and 80) overshadowed the ones that were playing the game the right way. So congratulations to the guys that played the right way and overcame your knuckleheaded coach.

Also, #4 on their defense. I know his last name is Muhammed, because it seemed like the first 2 Greeneville drives he made every tackle. I never saw him do anything out of line. Those are all I can remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure there were a few more. So there were a few that got things right, but the ones that got things wrong that I can remember (mainly 32, 5, 51, and 80) overshadowed the ones that were playing the game the right way. So congratulations to the guys that played the right way and overcame your knuckleheaded coach.

#4 was impressive. He was the shortest kid on the field and must have a huge heart. I saw where he was credited with something like 16 or 18 tackles.

I think Greeneville coaches were upset that the officials were not doing anything to keep the game under control, which is what they are out there to do. Yeah, they could have told their players to settle down, but I think they felt that if the refs weren't going to do anything about Trezevant players going after his boys, why should he stop his from yelling at Trezevant players. I'm sure after looking back on it, the Greeneville staff may have restrained the players a little more. I think everyone saw the Greenville sidelines get out on the field, but not everyone saw the RB antagonizing right next to the Trezevant players. He is a remarkable players, but stuff like that will turn college coaches off if they see it. But whether Greeneville was antagonizing things or not.....many Trezevant players still played with zero control. That being said, let's not forget the few players for Trezevant that were playing the right way. I saw #8 for them trying to calm down #5 (one of the bad ones) and give everything he had on the field without doing anything dirty. Also, #4 on their defense. I know his last name is Muhammed, because it seemed like the first 2 Greeneville drives he made every tackle. I never saw him do anything out of line. Those are all I can remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure there were a few more. So there were a few that got things right, but the ones that got things wrong that I can remember (mainly 32, 5, 51, and 80) overshadowed the ones that were playing the game the right way. So congratulations to the guys that played the right way and overcame your knuckleheaded coach.

Great post SJohnston. I completely agree. Yes, Trezevant had a lot of players that were basically out of control and the coaching staff wasn't doing aything to keep them under control. But at the same time, I also heard multiple people talking about our RB antagonizing their players (I didn't see this myself, but I heard multiple people talk about it so I'm just going by what I have heard.). I think both teams could've done a better job at controling their players. I understand that the Greeneville Coaching Staff had to have been annoyed that the refs really weren't doing anything about THS but I still don't think that gives the Greeneville players the right to antagonize the other team. Besides that one little issue, I saw a lot of class from GHS Saturday night. I even saw a few of our players go shake the hands of the THS players at the end. I know Trezevant had to have been upset because it really was a heartbreaking loss for them. I wish them all the luck in the world for the 2011 season and I hope that their coaching staff works on their behavior a lot. Winning the Silver Ball is still a huge deal, so congratulations on that! I truly am happy for you all. On my final note, Congratulations Greeneville! I am very proud to call Greeneville High School my alma mater right now! You all had a wonderful season and I can't wait to see how you all do in 2011!

Good post and agree 100% except that he is not my knuckle headed coach.I am from Alcoa.Just enjoy watching all the games.Congradulations on your schools State Championship.

Good post and agree 100% except that he is not my knuckle headed coach.I am from Alcoa.Just enjoy watching all the games.Congradulations on your schools State Championship.

I hope my post wasn't confusing - the knuckleheaded coaches I was referring to was the Trezevant coaches. I was not referring to Greeneville coaches at all. The only thing I questioned them doing was at first when the Greeneville coach decided to go for 2 to make it 46-6. I said I thought that would do nothing but instigate more foolishness. But after Trezevant took out the holder the first time, I then said I hope they put as many points on the board as possible.

!0-4 there rebels- I better not finish the rest..................................LOL

I have no idea what you are talking about actually. HA

if you are referring to some kind of record, then you obviously have misinterpreted my posting name. You obviously have no idea who I am, because, yes, I played for maryville, and 4 losses is 4 times the number I lost in 4 years as a varsity player.

But nice try. I better not finish with the number of rings I have............LOL

In fact, the only 0-4 I can think of is the record my friends from Alcoa had against me!!

Edited by rebelscum1998

I agree. Something needs to be done about the towel wavers as I call them. They are on the sideline just so they don't have to pay to get in and can claim that they "coach" football. They do nothing to contribute to the coaching of kids that OBVIOUSLY needed it. I also looked at one of the guys I went with and was amazed at the fact that these "coaches" would chew a kid out for something like dropping an interception, but say nothing about blasting a holder that is on one knee and has his back turned.

And the sad thing is that our holder already has back problems..