I Guess Maplewood And Greeneville Was The Championship Game

fleetwoodbrohm

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Maplewood and CAK should set up some joint venture and contract with a trophy company to get a good deal on a silver ball. What will the inscription read - "Good Enough To Be Runners-Up, Even If The Record Books Don't Show It"?

Did CAK play Alcoa tougher than Goodpasture? Yes. Did Maplewood play Greeneville equally close? Sure. But seriously, all of this chutzpah exuding from and/or for the non-title game teams is getting a little stale. Both CAK and Maplewood had great seasons; there is no need to diminish those seasons by taking glory away from those runner-up programs who did what they had to do in the bracket they were given to get to the title game - win.

Maybe Maplewood and CAK should set up some joint venture and contract with a trophy company to get a good deal on a silver ball. What will the inscription read - "Good Enough To Be Runners-Up, Even If The Record Books Don't Show It"?

Did CAK play Alcoa tougher than Goodpasture? Yes. Did Maplewood play Greeneville equally close? Sure. But seriously, all of this chutzpah exuding from and/or for the non-title game teams is getting a little stale. Both CAK and Maplewood had great seasons; there is no need to diminish those seasons by taking glory away from those runner-up programs who did what they had to do in the bracket they were given to get to the title game - win.

I think its clear we need a BCS for high school football!!! The playoffs clearly arnt working! :roflol:

I think its clear we need a BCS for high school football!!! The playoffs clearly arnt working! :roflol:

Agreed. Better yet - three classes, four at the most. The average margin of victory in the 1A-5A games was 35 points. If those results don't stamp the word "dilution" on the foreheads of the TSSAA, then the blinders are darker than many of us can imagine. Thankfully, Maryville and Smyrna salvaged the suspense value of the playoffs this weekend.

Agreed. Better yet - three classes, four at the most. The average margin of victory in the 1A-5A games was 35 points. If those results don't stamp the word "dilution" on the foreheads of the TSSAA, then the blinders are darker than many of us can imagine. Thankfully, Maryville and Smyrna salvaged the suspense value of the playoffs this weekend.

I will have to say I agree with you :mrgreen: There should be 4 classifications. It doesn't make any sense the way its set up. When there was only 3 classifications the games were all competitive. There wasn't many guaranteed W's.

I believe the teams that should have been in the playoffs got into the dance. The problem is the pods. Everyone in 4a suspected Greeneville and Maplewood were the cream of the crops in 4a. There is no way they should have been placed in the same half of the brackets. The T$$aa threw a limb to West Tennessee by not placing DL, Maplewood, Page or Giles into the west. (Page & Giles didn't have it this year but they have the wests number recently). The East and the middle were lumped together to insure Lexington or Liberty got to the show. It backfired and they got Trezevant. The results were 21 fans from Trezevant came to watch the comedy act and the powers that be look like fools :thumb: