SP's Raguis Hale goin to the next level?

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says the obvious team leader for the Pirates was Raguis. Most folkes that know him say he ain't the talkitive kind but work ethic and his play speaks volumes for the graduating senior. The Pirates have a stable full of unproven young studs and questions abound. The biggest question seems to be is, will the Pirates return to a wing-t and go away from the spread for a more power running game?

Hopefully Raquis will continue his playing beyond high school :thumb:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the obvious team leader for the Pirates was Raguis. Most folkes that know him say he ain't the talkitive kind but work ethic and his play speaks volumes for the graduating senior. The Pirates have a stable full of unproven young studs and questions abound. The biggest question seems to be is, will the Pirates return to a wing-t and go away from the spread for a more power running game?

I think Raquis will be able to play after high school. Not D1, but that doesnt matter. As long as your playing somewhere thats what counts. OP I was wondering if they would switch also. I have heard that we were going to most likely switch back, but little Stone could be a playmaker. I would like to see us go back to wing-t myself. Im no PowerP though maybe he has some inside info. Watch out for those Ducks O.P. :rolleyes:

I think they should switch it up some..Keep the spread and use it just not as much as they did this year...Toward end of year they switched it up with two backs in back field and bringing back Power I...I wish they would just continue on with those three myself..I fill like they have the personal with all the backs we have for the WingT but that's just me...Sellers, Johnson, Chubb, Hale, and Lankford next year all need to be on the field somewhere where they can touch the ball period...Stone is biggest ? To me if he comes back strong from injury he looked to have grown leaps and bounds from his freshman year and he has thickened up alot it looked while warming up in state game...I suppose he is back already which makes me wonder just how bad his knee was hurt to begin with..We just need someone back there that gets the ball to our horses and keep mistakes to a minimum...It will b a interesting spring for sure...Get them boys some ankle weights Roy!!

Wing t? What kind of mess is that? Why would Grider switch the offense. He just won a durn championship running that offense where the center snaps it back to the passer everytime. I garuntee you he better stay with that. You think im joking but im not.

Wing t? What kind of mess is that? Why would Grider switch the offense. He just won a durn championship running that offense where the center snaps it back to the passer everytime. I garuntee you he better stay with that. You think im joking but im not.

Raquis still has the world at his feet. I'm in contact with him. He is the same as the eight year old when we met. A winner! If he does not qualify. There are many options yet for him. He is looked at more as a defender at D-1 level. But I think if he hits the weight room rather than the b-ball court it will benefit him greatly. If he gets bigger and stronger he will boost his ability to stay at rb.

I think they should switch it up some..Keep the spread and use it just not as much as they did this year...Toward end of year they switched it up with two backs in back field and bringing back Power I...I wish they would just continue on with those three myself..I fill like they have the personal with all the backs we have for the WingT but that's just me...Sellers, Johnson, Chubb, Hale, and Lankford next year all need to be on the field somewhere where they can touch the ball period...Stone is biggest ? To me if he comes back strong from injury he looked to have grown leaps and bounds from his freshman year and he has thickened up alot it looked while warming up in state game...I suppose he is back already which makes me wonder just how bad his knee was hurt to begin with..We just need someone back there that gets the ball to our horses and keep mistakes to a minimum...It will b a interesting spring for sure...Get them boys some ankle weights Roy!!

You know, the side saddle single-wing is kind of like a spread wing-t. :roflol: Rumor has it there is an old linemen and qb that played in that formation in high school. :thumb: Run the plays in with a tandem of TB & FB and maybe wing backs. Line up in the spread as well.

Edit: I used to love to watch a good team run that s.s.s.W. with all its wrinkles. Mix in the spread with it occasionally and I think it would drive defensive coordinators nuts.

Edited by rlh

You know, the side saddle single-wing is kind of like a spread wing-t. :roflol: Rumor has it there is an old linemen and qb that played in that formation in high school. :thumb: Run the plays in with a tandem of TB & FB and maybe wing backs. Line up in the spread as well.

Edit: I used to love to watch a good team run that s.s.s.W. with all its wrinkles. Mix in the spread with it occasionally and I think it would drive defensive coordinators nuts.

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says theys plenty of folkes that like to see that run agin. Recon everytime on the

2 pt play would be far more effective than us a attempting to kick.

The two back spread (horns) has been in for the last couple years. The Power I (3 back, QB under center) was added this year for goal line and short yardage. The only problem with a WingT is is no real Fullback...yet. One may step up. A combo off WingT and gun like 3 and 4 years ago is a possibility as is staying with some form of the spread. Jake will be a good, solid QB. He is smart, athletic and coachable.

Jake's was just getting to dress out and be part of the team. Even though he participated in warm-up he was not going to play. He can't even run yet. His rehab is going well but has a long way to go...several months. Why would you even question that his knee was hurt????...he had ACL surgery and was on crutches for several weeks

Chill out Zone...Go take a laxative! I wasn't questioning him...Many kids get bad advice from doctors and aren't as hurt as they(docs) make the injury out to be...I did hear he was supposed to have surgery but never heard if he did for sure or not...That's excellent if he did and was back doing what he was doing in warmups.....His rehab must be going REALLY well...If he is doing that well then we will be fine at that position next year...

Whew edgy Zone...Haha u need to go to Stevarinos this weekend and unwind :thumb:

Edited by TrainTracks99

Btw no real fullback yet is probably because we don't run the T...Hale or Sellers could more than handle the load from that position...Horns look or 2 back I haven't seen us run much in the past but regardless we still switched it up and ran it some toward the end which I think we should in the future just to get some more players on the field...JMHO

On another note...Someone should push Hale to go JR College route...I was told at state game he just turned 17!!! That's insane and if true he will probably grow ALOT in the next year...If he could go the Juco route or prep school route odds are he could really improve his stock at bigger programs along with his grades

Edited by TrainTracks99

Chill out Zone...Go take a laxative! I wasn't questioning him...Many kids get bad advice from doctors and aren't as hurt as they(docs) make the injury out to be...I did hear he was supposed to have surgery but never heard if he did for sure or not...That's excellent if he did and was back doing what he was doing in warmups.....His rehab must be going REALLY well...If he is doing that well then we will be fine at that position next year...

Whew edgy Zone...Haha u need to go to Stevarinos this weekend and unwind :thumb:

Other people saw your post the same way and asked me about it. You have a habit of posting things without knowing what you are talking about. Sometimes it is better to ask first. He was simply taking snaps as part of the team at the Championship game. He is running in place but hasn't started running yet. He should be ready for baseball season and maybe spring football

Oh I do? Please indulge me.... I made a statement that u and whoever took the wrong way..It's happened before and it will happen again...Not everyone in this world is out to throw kids and coaches under the bus...

When have I said something completely off base? I'm interested in learning some of this great knowledge u have since apparently I never know what I'm talking about....

U can argue all u want I just say what many are too scared to say...Honesty hurts sometimes but sometimes it does good to hear it...Its funny how u ignore the fact I explained what I meant when I said kids get bad advice from docs and sometimes injuries are not as bad as initially thought...Try to look at the glass half full instead of half empty sometimes