all state and all district teams

eaglepride55

I realize "obliged" is a word, "obligated" would have been more appropriate in this context. Davis Frank is the only player that should have been on the list from "Knox Grace", he was the only one from our squad good enough to be considered.

I read your entire post before I posted, I do comprehend what you were saying. There's no reason to say that anyone felt "obliged" to put Davis on anything. He's on there because he deserves to be on the All State Team.

I think we understand each other. Considering the forum, I couldn't allow anyone to say that Davis squeaked onto the team because someone felt "obliged" to put him there. He is a Class Act, on and off the field.

Once again, not what I meant at all. I'm sure he is. I think you do understand where I'm coming from. And for anyone else who might be offended by my post, let me reiterate that I AM IN NO WAY PUTTING DOWN ANYONE THAT WAS NOMINATED.

(And I changed the word to "obligated". Does that make you feel better, gcapride?)

Edited by viking_fan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look folks...

If I'm not mistaken, this is just one particular coach's associaton all-state team. I think a coach has to be a member and has to nominate his players. Many coaches in the state (Grider at SP...obviously) is not part of this association, therefore no SP players. This may account for Mercer also. Wait until the AP and the Sports Writer's (?) polls come out. They will be more representative of the actual all-state teams, although someone will get left off that is probably deserving.

Don't get your panties in a wad...just yet. ;)

Look folks...

If I'm not mistaken, this is just one particular coach's associaton all-state team. I think a coach has to be a member and has to nominate his players. Many coaches in the state (Grider at SP...obviously) is not part of this association, therefore no SP players. This may account for Mercer also. Wait until the AP and the Sports Writer's (?) polls come out. They will be more representative of the actual all-state teams, although someone will get left off that is probably deserving.

Actually this list right here is just niminations so far. I was reading on other pages at that site that the actual all state team doesnt come out until Dec 20th.

Look folks...

Actually this list right here is just niminations so far. I was reading on other pages at that site that the actual all state team doesnt come out until Dec 20th.

I agree this is an absolute farce. If some of those teams REALLY have that many all state players then someone is underachieving. This is quite comical when you ask me. It is ashame that an allstate team is put together like this one. TFCA equals Tennessee Fool Coaches Association. What kind of a joke is this? Good grief. Where are the South Pittsburg kids? Where are the Gordonsville kids? Those were the two best teams in 1A PERIOD! No nominations? What a complete freakin joke.

I hope the team hasnt actually been chosen yet.

Edited by TheAmbassador