OOS Games for 2011 Season in D-II

footballace1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear MUS is going to reschedule SP and Olive Branch. Both of those teams are supposed to be stacked next year. I dont think they are going to renew their deal with White Station. Supposedly, they might get another big OOS opponent. Any word on some other possible big games next year in DII?

Actually MUS could not reschedule OB. Per the MUS coach "OB wanted to go a different direction". They did pick up Lafayette County, MS (4A Champion this year) and re-upped with South Panola. I don't remember what he said about White Station but he did say that we agreed to a home and home with Memphis Central. One will be played at Crump Stadium. He also said that the schedule is not finalized so more to come.

Actually MUS could not reschedule OB. Per the MUS coach "OB wanted to go a different direction". They did pick up Lafayette County, MS (4A Champion this year) and re-upped with South Panola. I don't remember what he said about White Station but he did say that we agreed to a home and home with Memphis Central. One will be played at Crump Stadium. He also said that the schedule is not finalized so more to come.

Looks like MUS will play OB and SP next year. Lafayette not on the schedule but an interesting DII AA game will be the opener with Ensworth. Not sure where that game is to be played tho.

How is MUS going to be next year? Will they be able to compete with SP and OB? I really respect the way MUS takes on top OOS comp. You mentioned a possible third OOS match-up? E. St.Louis is not too terribly far to travel for either team. That game has potential.....

They should be pretty good. Will have a strong senior class with several D1 prospects. They had a lot of really young kids get unexpected playing time this year due to a lot of injuries on defense, so they should have some good depth.

I believe that SP had 25 Seniors on this team. They will be a top notch team as usual, but they are losing some playmakers for sure. I know they have a DT and a S that are sure fire D1 talents returning.

They should be pretty good. Will have a strong senior class with several D1 prospects. They had a lot of really young kids get unexpected playing time this year due to a lot of injuries on defense, so they should have some good depth.

I believe that SP had 25 Seniors on this team. They will be a top notch team as usual, but they are losing some playmakers for sure. I know they have a DT and a S that are sure fire D1 talents returning.

Here is MUS's official schedule I got off there website.

Friday, August 19, 2011 Ensworth (Site TBA)

Friday, August 26, 2011 Kingsbury

Friday, September 02, 2011 @South Panola

Friday, September 09, 2011 Central

Friday, September 16, 2011 @Olive Branch

Friday, September 23, 2011 East

Friday, September 30, 2011 CBHS

Friday, October 07, 2011 OPEN

Friday, October 14, 2011 @SBA

Friday, October 21, 2011 White Station

Friday, October 28, 2011 @BCS

..Im really looking forward to seeing the matchup against Ensworth. Should be a great game.

..Im really looking forward to seeing the matchup against Ensworth. Should be a great game.

Man I love a team that steps right up and plays the TN State Champion and the National Champion. No "pansey wamsey" teams for MUS.

That is how state powerhouses are built.

Well done MUS.

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to Lafayette,MS? Did Lafayette opt out to play ECA?

Lafayette County, MS did end up agreeing to play Evangel Christian in what is supposed to be a triple header at Independence Stadium in Shreveport on September 10th.

One interesting rumor that has bounced around is that of a promoter is trying to arrange a double header at the same site that would cancel the MUS/South Panola game but have those two teams each play a team from Florida the weekend SP/MUS is scheduled. St. Thomas Aquinas and Cocoa are names that have been mentioned as possible Florida opponents. How serious that is, I couldn't tell you.

• 1 month later...