Science Hill over Charlotte High Punta Gorda,FL

AlumnI01

the final was 90-71 science hill. not sure how the tarpons compare to other schools down in florida, but they were more athletic than any team science hill will face in conference play. cutlip was able to empty the bench in the 4th and get some of the less experienced guys more playing time. except for shannon hale's missed dunk late in the game, it was a pretty good evening for the hill.

the final was 90-71 science hill. not sure how the tarpons compare to other schools down in florida, but they were more athletic than any team science hill will face in conference play. cutlip was able to empty the bench in the 4th and get some of the less experienced guys more playing time. except for shannon hale's missed dunk late in the game, it was a pretty good evening for the hill.

very good wi n thr tarpons was ranked #2 in fla in there class.great game to play before the arbys cutlip coached there for 5 years before coming 2 science hill

wow was the four dunks shannon hale had in the game before wasnt good enough for you you have to down him about a miss dunk he has more dunks just this year than the other players on the team has had for two years so please dont come on here calling a player out to hate on him the team is really playing well togetter all of them so keep it up toppers and if you are a fan be a fan.......

wow was the four dunks shannon hale had in the game before wasnt good enough for you you have to down him about a miss dunk he has more dunks just this year than the other players on the team has had for two years so please dont come on here calling a player out to hate on him the team is really playing well togetter all of them so keep it up toppers and if you are a fan be a fan.......

certainly wasn't my intention, but going back over my post I realize I could have worded it better. I was by no means trying to take anything away from Shannon or hate on him. The only reason I mentioned it was that everyone in the gym saw it coming and the place was ready to erupt if he slammed it home. Instead, it became a light moment and some humorous exchanged between the florida fans and the science hill student section.

One of those less experienced players was a 6'6 230lb senior. Does anyone know why he is not getting time?

One of those less experienced players was a 6'6 230lb senior. Does anyone know why he is not getting time?

Science Hill has a very talented team, and their thrid string could beat most of the teams in the Big 8 and their JV team could beat some of the teams in the Big 8. I don't know why the coaches coach the way they do or why they want to beat everyone by 40 points, but that is their priviledge. As long as they have so much talent, someone is going to get left out. There have been a number of good players that have transferred to other schools to have the opportunity to play. The only way to spread the wealth more evenly is for the county schools (Washington and Sullivan) to consolidate with the city schools, but that will dilute the talent in the city schools. So that will never happen.

Science Hill has a very talented team, and their thrid string could beat most of the teams in the Big 8 and their JV team could beat some of the teams in the Big 8. I don't know why the coaches coach the way they do or why they want to beat everyone by 40 points, but that is their priviledge. As long as they have so much talent, someone is going to get left out. There have been a number of good players that have transferred to other schools to have the opportunity to play. The only way to spread the wealth more evenly is for the county schools (Washington and Sullivan) to consolidate with the city schools, but that will dilute the talent in the city schools. So that will never happen.

the coaches

COACH the way they do 2 keep the kids in the game and 2 hopefully get them 2 the next level.if not all you would see is street ball.i wouldnt want my kid to play for a team that the coaches wouldnt coach the whole game no matter if i was up 30 or down30.thats what you get paid to do.i to say your there beating teams by 40 are they suppose to not give it your all or hold back and keep the game close and maybe get hurtor lose like they did against m east

Edited by jeffs