GreenBank Ladies Classic

etnmom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They must have heard the carter county cyclones wasn't going to be there and cancelled

That has to be it! If the posted score is correct, Unicoi Co. was successful in it's quest to have some weaknesses exposed at the Greene Bank Classic. Mount Juliet apparently found a few in their 69-33 win over the Lady Devils. Playing good teams does make you better and I applaud the Lady Devils for entering the always tough tournament. I guess you will now tell us that Mt. Juliet brings in out of zone players from all over Wilson and Davidson Counties.

Hey all...

Here's an update on the Westwood/North Greene situation. North Greene won this morning by forfeit (thus 2-0 on the CoachT scoreboard). The Westwood team no showed, never returned phone calls and finally withdrew from the tournament.

Cocke County High School will fill Westwood's spot. They will play tomorrow in the loser's bracket against the loser of South Greene/Rockcastle, KY at 11:30 a.m.

That has to be it! If the posted score is correct, Unicoi Co. was successful in it's quest to have some weaknesses exposed at the Greene Bank Classic. Mount Juliet apparently found a few in their 69-33 win over the Lady Devils. Playing good teams does make you better and I applaud the Lady Devils for entering the always tough tournament. I guess you will now tell us that Mt. Juliet brings in out of zone players from all over Wilson and Davidson Counties.

Hilarious coachh! I couldn't have responded any better to 'doodle' or 'noodle' or whomever this moron is. I thought for a while it was some immature teenager just trying to get a rise out of EHS fans, but based on recent posts I'm convinced it's worse, an immature adult. Doodle, why can't you just support your team and allow everyone else to support their team without this continuous childish commentary about EHS?

Any thoughts or commentary from folks that saw the games today? Having not been there and just purely looking at the scores, it appears that Rockcastle, Mt. Juliet and Hoover must be pretty darn good (no disrepect to North Greene, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Maryville or C-D). Well, I already know that Mt. Juliet is very good (I got a glimpse at the Riverdale play day and they are for real). How did the local teams play? Did C-D play lights out or was the FL team just not as advertised?

Any thoughts or commentary from folks that saw the games today? Having not been there and just purely looking at the scores, it appears that Rockcastle, Mt. Juliet and Hoover must be pretty darn good (no disrepect to North Greene, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Maryville or C-D). Well, I already know that Mt. Juliet is very good (I got a glimpse at the Riverdale play day and they are for real). How did the local teams play? Did C-D play lights out or was the FL team just not as advertised?

Just one opinion - Mt. Juliet looked so strong and Williams is a real player. So proud of CD and the Frye's look hungry! LOL - North Greene played perfect. Some home teams better wake up quickly. SG has got to learn control and patience or they're in for a disappointing year. It will be interesting if Cocke County does enter the tournament. Maryville also showed well. I think that things will tighten up today and be more competitive.

Can't say anything about MJ.

I just post about the teams like Betsy that I know for sure bring in out of zone players.At least 2 every year for past 6 years. It started after Betsy found out they couldn't beat several; area teams without out of zone help.

Another little district secret. Check fouls when teams play them. Most of the time they are pretty even at end of game. It is the 1st half that kills other teams.Best players on other teams are in foul trouble before middle of 2nd quarter and Betsy shooting free one and one before they have 1 or 2 fouls on them. Watched it happen too many times. But thats what happens when most of their refs are from carter county.

Edited by doodle_bug_1111