Georgia Certification Program

cbg

Does Georgia have the same weight management program as Tennessee? Are the kids given a lowest possible weight while hydrated and do they have a weight descent plan? What is required for recertification of Georgia wrestlers? In past years Georgia and some other states were not required to be on the same national federation plan like the Tennessee wrestlers. The reason I say this is that overall Georgia high school wrestlers look one or two weight classifications larger than the Tennessee wrestlers.

Does Georgia have the same weight management program as Tennessee? Are the kids given a lowest possible weight while hydrated and do they have a weight descent plan? What is required for recertification of Georgia wrestlers? In past years Georgia and some other states were not required to be on the same national federation plan like the Tennessee wrestlers. The reason I say this is that overall Georgia high school wrestlers look one or two weight classifications larger than the Tennessee wrestlers.

I'm fairly certain we're on the same plan as Tennessee. I think we were one year behind in adopting it.

If I'm wrong maybe someone will straighten me out.

Edited by RMC

Understand what you are saying you old sun baked fla geezer.... but when little Harold from Ga stands on the scale to weigh in at 119, pretty sure the coaches let him rassle even though he looks and will be after weigh-ins 134. See Carson Fields per example.

bcb iii :flower:

Understand what you are saying you old sun baked fla geezer.... but when little Harold from Ga stands on the scale to weigh in at 119, pretty sure the coaches let him rassle even though he looks and will be after weigh-ins 134. See Carson Fields per example.

bcb iii :flower:

Not all states intepret the system similarly.