TWF D1 & D2 12/20/10 Rankings are up with "Freaks of the Week"

trickk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one other thing, its a PREDICTION, I dont understand how so many people say its WRONG as if its a "matter of fact" that those wrestlers will place at state exactly where stated. PREDICTIONS are estimations based on given information. The terminology "RIGHT" would indicate that the rankings are exact in fact. There is no RIGHT or WRONG, its simply a PREDICTION. AGAIN, if coaches dont send in the results then its sometimes hard to make PREDICTIONS.

Rankings are not quite predections, because to predict a kid getting 4th in state right now is pointless, you'd need to see the brackets to make a state prediction. A ranking means that you are saying who the best in order are, not predictions. I for one agree, that it seems that Bray's Rankings are more accurate.

PRT iii :flower:

I think your right, "Predictions" is a Good word, The problem with that is your Page is called TWF "RANKINGS" which is why people like me are confused.. I think that if your making presumptions about certain wrestlers then that is a little different. By saying Coach BRAY has more insight was stating a "FACT" for the simply truth is, He has More up-to-date "RANKINGS" not just predictions. Not saying your website is not great.. I wouldn't be on here looking at it if I didn't think so. I think you all do a GREAT JOB of Predicting. My only observation is, there are more ACCURATE "BIG TIME WRESTLERS" who deserves to be on your list. But what fun would it be if we couldn't debate on this. I hope you and your family (coachT family as well) have a Merry Christmas. Can't wait for next weeks predictions...

D2 seems alot more in depth than D1. I agree with the previous 2 post. D1 doesnt seem very accurate. Roberts from Beech has to make the list somewhere. You talk about strength of tournament, I would say when a three time state qualifier is a fourth seed - the strength looks pretty good.

Well for d2 less schools so it's easier to get info and garret does a great job of letting people know what happens in d2 and I think everyone should just be happy or u can start your own rankings and brays rankings I would feel more accurate with d1 because he is around more d1 then d2 same as how garret is more involved with d2 but it all comes down to the state in order to be the best it doesn't matter who is ur bracket u just have to win your matches

Well for d2 less schools so it's easier to get info and garret does a great job of letting people know what happens in d2 and I think everyone should just be happy or u can start your own rankings and brays rankings I would feel more accurate with d1 because he is around more d1 then d2 same as how garret is more involved with d2 but it all comes down to the state in order to be the best it doesn't matter who is ur bracket u just have to win your matches

Stop it with the talk about if you don't like it then you can do your own. Heck, we already have someone new doing that this year. Soon we will have 10 people all doing rankings. It would be nice they all could get together and produce just one set.

I for one enjoy reading them each week. Not that I put too much into them, but it's fun to see who has done what. Garrett for one does a great job adding in that week's accomplishments.

i completely agree. if Adrian Thomas is up there, so should Belcher and Sawyer...i personally think Belcher and/or Sawyer should be there in place of Thomas

Ok question, @ 135... If Sawyer from Harpeth beats Thomas from Clarksville NE and Belcher from Wilson Central Beats Sawyer.. Why is Thomas still on the board and neither one of those Boys are? Belcher not only won the tourney but was seeded 4th and had to wrestle his way to the top to win. If your going to give credit to Thomas for coming in 3rd, Then shouldn't those other two boys get some too? Just wondering how it works...

Stop it with the talk about if you don't like it then you can do your own. Heck, we already have someone new doing that this year. Soon we will have 10 people all doing rankings. It would be nice they all could get together and produce just one set.

I for one enjoy reading them each week. Not that I put too much into them, but it's fun to see who has done what. Garrett for one does a great job adding in that week's accomplishments.

Um I def wasn't complaining at all I think everyone does more then a great job nothin in my post was complaining

Not sure and maybe one of the rankers will weigh in but I do know that the strength of a tournament also comes in to play. Not saying that is what happened here but just offering some explanations in how they arrive at decisions. Also you have to keep in mind that if coaches do not send in results its somewhat difficult to find out what has happened at every dual, tri, quad or tourney for the week across the state or even out of state. So sometimes these guys are somewhat blind in the "predictions" only because of the limited info they have.

#5 Jacob Adams at 135 got beat by Aldon Whitehead from Bob Jones at the king of the mat tournament

Whitehead participated in the Beech Invitational and did not even place. Maybe the Beech tournament was stronger than you guys gave credit!

Maybe the Beech tournament was stronger than you guys gave credit!

If they beat the number one guy, I'm sure they will move up!

How many number one guys were @ Beech? How about # 2's or # 3's?

There were some good wrestlers/wrestling @ Beech. To say it was

a strong tournament??? If you have been around wrestling, you

know where the tough tournaments are and when to attend them.

Wrestlers need to be pushed outside their comfort zones. If you

want to be the best, you got to wrestle and beat the best!

Edited by HSDAD

I agree with you. I really enjoy reading them. I don't put a lot of merit into them either. I know that I could not do any better so you will not hear me complain about them. All anyone can do is predict because anyone can be beat by anyone else at any time. People should not take things so serious and just enjoy reading it. Just my opinion.