Tennessee's Greatest Wrestler Ever?

PRTiii

Just a few names that come to mind;

Jordan Leen-(2008 NCAA champion, 3x All-American (8-1-3) 2x EIWA champ, 2008 EIWA Wrestler of the Year)

Bill Harlow- (1966 NCAA champ, 3x All-American (2-2-1) 3x NCAA finalist, 2x Big 8 champ World Silver medal)

Phillip Simpson- (3x All-American; 2003-04-05, 2005 NCAA runner-up, West Point’s only 3x All-American, 3x EIWA champ)

However, you have to think of the new wrestlers, and the wrestlers being produced;

TJ Duncan- (Future 5x High School State Champion)

Zach Watson- (Future 5x High School State Champion)

Campbell Lewis- (2x State Champ, possible 4x State Champion, 2x NHSCA All-American, 1x NHSCA National Champion)

Michael Hooker- (Future 5x State Finalist, Possible 3x State Champion)

And if you look at the little guys, the only big name that comes out to me, a huge name in fact is little Eli King (2x Tulsa National Finalist, Liberty Nationals Champion)

So, lets hear your opinion, who do you think is Tennessee's Greatest Wrestler of All-Time? You don't have to use the names that I listed, list some others. Do you think some of our current High School wrestlers could surpass the Achievements of some Tennessee Alumni eventually? Lets hear what you think!

PRT iii :flower:

Jordan Leen-(2008 NCAA champion, 3x All-American (8-1-3) 2x EIWA champ, 2008 EIWA Wrestler of the Year)

Bill Harlow- (1966 NCAA champ, 3x All-American (2-2-1) 3x NCAA finalist, 2x Big 8 champ World Silver medal)

Phillip Simpson- (3x All-American; 2003-04-05, 2005 NCAA runner-up, West Point’s only 3x All-American, 3x EIWA champ)

However, you have to think of the new wrestlers, and the wrestlers being produced;

Campbell Lewis- (2x State Champ, possible 4x State Champion, 2x NHSCA All-American, 1x NHSCA National Champion)

And if you look at the little guys, the only big name that comes out to me, a huge name in fact is little Eli King (2x Tulsa National Finalist, Liberty Nationals Champion)

So, lets hear your opinion, who do you think is Tennessee's Greatest Wrestler of All-Time? You don't have to use the names that I listed, list some others. Do you think some of our current High School wrestlers could surpass the Achievements of some Tennessee Alumni eventually? Lets hear what you think!

I would certainly add Matt Keller to the list in the spot behind Simpson. Marable should get some consideration too. Another 10 or 12 kids could be added to the current high school selections if we are trying to predict future college success. Good first pass.

Leen gets my vote because he's amazing on and off the mat,,,yet its a real toss-up since Leen and Harlow both won an NCAA Championship.

If you want to talk about all the other great All America wrestlers from TN,,,I'd like to add Cody Cleveland to the list.

As for HS,,,,Mr Watson is pound for pound the best wrestler in Tennessee currently ,,,,,and has been for a few years

CC

Edited by CupCake

Charles McTorry. Currently the head wrestling coach at Ensworth High School. While at Overton, McTorry set the all-time state record for wins (216), won two state individual titles (and was named Outstanding Wrestler each of those years), and finished second once. McTorry won the high school senior national championship tournament following his senior year and then wrestled at Nebraska.

Edited by RedRobin

I was asking for others opinions, and in doing so I was stating mine as well.

Sorry you are correct. This is a message board and is open to opinion to opinions. We can repeat discussions about who is better D1 or D2. Why Bradley won't wrestle Baylor. Why the TWF is a dying organization. Who would win between a wrestler in 1991 and 2010. Just referencing an earlier post and its responses