Arby's Classic

chill

Didn't get over to watch any games on Monday. Heading over today. I am anxious to see SHHS vs. Southwind. Lookout Southwind for Willy aka Squid, he's a sleeper!! Would love to see Hampton leave with a W tonight also! jeffs holla at ya boy!

Pulling hard for my DOGS and The HILL ....Id love to see these two teams go at it....

A win for Hampton tonight would put them on the map and be a big boost for this program.....

We'll find out alot about the DOGS tonight

Mentor averaged 13 three pointers a game before yesterday. I wasn't there yesterday, but I have a feeling Mentor's best basketball at the Classic has yet to be played. There are some good teams at the Classic for sure and a lot will unfold, but I like Mentor's chances. I believe in this team and I believe that a top 5-10 team from a good basketball state like Ohio can come out on top. But that is just my opinion.

Mentor is a very good team but their season low of yesterday can largely be contributed to their opponent. You could tell they were a little taken aback at how good DB is. DB stayed right there with them throughout the game. Honestly, at halftime, I thought the teams were evenly matched but it looked like DB was going to come out with the W. I don't think Mentor has played much if any competition yet like they will play here at the Arby's. They had trouble with DB yesterday so it would be very interesting to see how they faired against teams like Southwind and Gatlinburg-Pittman(who according to most fans I talked to was the best team there yesterday). We might get the opportunity to see that soon enough.

Edited by AlumnI01

Guys I have been keeping up with this tourney from West TN. I have seen Southwind this year and they are a tough team. Science Hill has been blowing people out though. That kind of scares me but it may be lack of competition. Southwind has had close scores throughout the year but that may be because the talent in the Memphis area. Southwinds lone loss came at the hands of undefeated Bossier City, LA squad by 3 points. Southwind is very fast and has height to go along with it. Their guard play is good but the X-Factor is J3. Jonathan Williams is a do it all 6'9 point forward. He can literally play all 5 positions on the floor. Hale vs. Williams will be the top class of 2013 matchup of the year in the state of Tennessee.

Guys I have been keeping up with this tourney from West TN. I have seen Southwind this year and they are a tough team. Science Hill has been blowing people out though. That kind of scares me but it may be lack of competition. Southwind has had close scores throughout the year but that may be because the talent in the Memphis area. Southwinds lone loss came at the hands of undefeated Bossier City, LA squad by 3 points. Southwind is very fast and has height to go along with it. Their guard play is good but the X-Factor is J3. Jonathan Williams is a do it all 6'9 point forward. He can literally play all 5 positions on the floor. Hale vs. Williams will be the top class of 2013 matchup of the year in the state of Tennessee.

I'd love to see The Hill come out with the W tonight but I think most are expecting Southwind to not only win tonight, but win the whole tournament. If SH comes out and plays the way they are capable of playing they could make this game very interesting. This will be by far the toughest game SH has played to date. As you mentioned, they don't have much competition up here in Upper East TN which is the reason they've been blowing so many people out. Knoxville is where the toughest competition is in East TN. It will be very interesting to see how SH matches up against Southwind tonight. This is the same SH team that gave Melrose(who won the Arby's last year)fits, and that SH team was made up of mostly Sophomores and Freshman. This group is a year older and with that comes a little more experience. They play good team ball. They get up and down the floor and work hard to get turnovers which lead to a lot of their points. Like most SH teams before them, they're athletic and quick. Starting 5 will most likely be Hale, Carter, Adams, Allen, and Howard. The matchup between Hale and Williams has everyone talking. Hale is going to have his hands full. He's a very good player but he has got to be more physical on the inside or Williams is going to push him around all night. The guy nobody really talks about for SH is Hunter Leveau. He usually comes off the bench but man is he a good one to have. The kid hustles and makes play after play when he's in the game. He's that player every team would love to have. When he's in the game he plays harder than anyone else on the floor. Also look for CJ Good coming off the bench. The kid can flat out play. Looking forward to tonight and hoping The Hill comes out on top!

I'd love to see The Hill come out with the W tonight but I think most are expecting Southwind to not only win tonight, but win the whole tournament. If SH comes out and plays the way they are capable of playing they could make this game very interesting. This will be by far the toughest game SH has played to date. As you mentioned, they don't have much competition up here in Upper East TN which is the reason they've been blowing so many people out. Knoxville is where the toughest competition is in East TN. It will be very interesting to see how SH matches up against Southwind tonight. This is the same SH team that gave Melrose(who won the Arby's last year)fits, and that SH team was made up of mostly Sophomores and Freshman. This group is a year older and with that comes a little more experience. They play good team ball. They get up and down the floor and work hard to get turnovers which lead to a lot of their points. Like most SH teams before them, they're athletic and quick. Starting 5 will most likely be Hale, Carter, Adams, Allen, and Howard. The matchup between Hale and Williams has everyone talking. Hale is going to have his hands full. He's a very good player but he has got to be more physical on the inside or Williams is going to push him around all night. The guy nobody really talks about for SH is Hunter Leveau. He usually comes off the bench but man is he a good one to have. The kid hustles and makes play after play when he's in the game. He's that player every team would love to have. When he's in the game he plays harder than anyone else on the floor. Also look for CJ Good coming off the bench. The kid can flat out play. Looking forward to tonight and hoping The Hill comes out on top!

Looks like J3 and the boys from Southwind got the best of Science Hill. J3 had 20 points, 15 boards, and 7 blocks. Wins the battle with Shannon Hale as the 2 best sophomores in the state squared off.

Southwind handled the Hill with no problem....Hunter Huss played a good 2nd half and beat Hampton.....Clear Creek took care of Tenn High.....those are all I know

southwind will handle anybody they play in the arbys.hampton played a really good 1st half but was also handled in the 2nd half same thing in the tenn high game good 1st half handled in the 2nd no games was close the 2nd halfs of any games

Great game tonight. Southwind is a great team and I expect them to win the tournament. Science Hill played hard. When they got the lead down to 7 to start the 4th I thought they had a real good chance at a comeback. The big crowd was certainly behind them. The Williams kid is very impressive. He's going to be one of the best in the state for years to come. He is definitely the best player in the tournament thus far. Hale for SH played OK. He had 11 points I believe. It was far from the best I've seen him play. He needs to put a little more muscle on to really be that dominant force inside. The good news for SH is he's only going to get better. Allen played the best I've seen him play all year. He had 20 points. They were really the only 2 players from The Hill that impressed tonight. Where were the 2 Will's(Carter and Adams)? Where was Leaveau in the first half? I noticed he didn't play any in the first half but came off the bench in the second to score 7 points. Why didn't he play earlier? All in all an exciting, fun game to watch. Good luck to Southwind the rest of the way.

southwind will handle anybody they play in the arbys.hampton played a really good 1st half but was also handled in the 2nd half same thing in the tenn high game good 1st half handled in the 2nd no games was close the 2nd halfs of any games

Agree....and now I have my Hill-Hampton match up tomorrow Edited by uknoit2