Tri-County Seven

coachh17

Happy New Year to all! Due to two weeks of snow and a computer virus, I did not post weeks #4 and #5. I will pick up the rankings now after 5 of our 7 played in Holiday Tournaments. Four of our teams are looking good, Happy Valley is still a bit of a mystery, and Unaka and Johnson County are struggling to find their way.

1.Elizabethton(13-0)- Won the Doc Maples title over Tennessee High and the Johnson City Honda title over St. Joes of Huntington,WV. Cara Bowling was MVP of both tourneys, as the Lady Cyclones went 6-0. Kiser, Chelsea Bowling, and Powell also made all tourney teams. At Greeneville Monday for a stiff road test.

2.Unicoi Co.(9-2)- Went 2-2 in the always tough Greene Bank Classic. Lost to Mount Juliet and Dobyns-Bennett, beat Cocke County and a Florida team. Play Unaka and Sullivan East this week.

3.Hampton(10-5)- Finished 3rd in Johnson City Honda Tourney. Five losses are to Elizabethton twice, South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Tennessee High. Dorothy Dugger scored 31 against Cherokee. Chelsey Weddle is back from injury. This is a good Single A basketball team. At rival Happy Valley Tuesday.

4.Cloudland(10-2)- Went 3-0 and won the Harriman Christmas Tournament. Very good record, but they have no in state quality wins and have played a very soft schedule. Will be tested at North Greene Friday. That should give us an idea of how good this young team is.

5.Happy Valley(5-3)- No scores reported over the break. Host Hampton Tuesday.

6.Unaka(5-10)- Lost three times to marginal teams in Harriman.Brutal week coming up with Unicoi Co., North Greene, and Sullivan Central. It is "gut check" time on Stoney Creek. Will the Lady Rangers battle hard or fold up their tents?

7.Johnson Co.(0-6)- Apparently took the break off. It gets no easier, as the Lady Longhorns are at Elizabethton Friday.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Betsy will be losing 4 seniors this year there will be open tryouts for the 2011-1team beginning in June 2011 during summer ball. Make sure your tuition is paid or your apartment has been rented to make it look sort of legit.

Besty has legit underclassmen and a talent-rich group in Jr High to carry on the winning tradition for several years.

Doodle - you are a big whiny baby! Get over yourself and move on to a different subject as this one is getting really stale.

Besty has legit underclassmen and a talent-rich group in Jr High to carry on the winning tradition for several years.

Doodle - you are a big whiny baby! Get over yourself and move on to a different subject as this one is getting really stale.

The tradition is use at least 1 and most of the time 2 players from out of your zone. Thats the way it has been for the past 6-7 years. At least 2 starters except this year.

And how many in the jr high or middle school live out of the zone?

The tradition is use at least 1 and most of the time 2 players from out of your zone. Thats the way it has been for the past 6-7 years. At least 2 starters except this year.

And how many in the jr high or middle school live out of the zone?

I don't have a ledger with exact numbers, but I am confident you are wrong with your numbers. The Lady Cyclones have had the same 1 out of zone starter for the past 3 years. The year before, they had no out of zone starters (there was 1 from the tuition free area). The tuition-free areas are not out of zone. For some reason, you want to create the illusion that the Lady Cyclone success has to do with out of zone players that are recruited. The past 6-7 years are no different than the past 40-50. Carter County and Elizabethton made zone agreements 40-50 years ago mainly because of proximity to the schools and bussing arangements. Parents and kids have chosen to go or not to go to EHS during that time for a variety of reasons (actually the primary reason is for academics, not athletics). There are several tuition-paying students at EHS that do not participate in athletics. The number of "out of zone" students, as you call them, was likely the same during both down and up athletic years. As has been stated numerous times in previous posts, this is NOT unique to EHS . I'm sure there are similar zone agreements all across the state. Get over yourself and find something else to whine about...

Not sure why you want to respond to doo bug. He has made his same statement over and over and over again. Your and my best bet is to ignore his dead horse posts. Doo, if you have something else to bring to the topic please do if not then we get your point. We are slow but we get it! Do agree with coachh and his rankings. Can't see anyone beating Elizabethton. Hampton, Unicoi, and Cloudland pretty close with Happy Valley a little better than Unaka and Johnson County.

I don't have a ledger with exact numbers, but I am confident you are wrong with your numbers. The Lady Cyclones have had the same 1 out of zone starter for the past 3 years. The year before, they had no out of zone starters (there was 1 from the tuition free area). The tuition-free areas are not out of zone. For some reason, you want to create the illusion that the Lady Cyclone success has to do with out of zone players that are recruited. The past 6-7 years are no different than the past 40-50. Carter County and Elizabethton made zone agreements 40-50 years ago mainly because of proximity to the schools and bussing arangements. Parents and kids have chosen to go or not to go to EHS during that time for a variety of reasons (actually the primary reason is for academics, not athletics). There are several tuition-paying students at EHS that do not participate in athletics. The number of "out of zone" students, as you call them, was likely the same during both down and up athletic years. As has been stated numerous times in previous posts, this is NOT unique to EHS . I'm sure there are similar zone agreements all across the state. Get over yourself and find something else to whine about...

One from Roan Mountain for 4 years. At same time 1 from Happy Valley, sisters from Martindale and sisters from Watauga which is in Happy Valley's zone. Now I'm not much good at math but it seems that for the past few years there has been at least 3

One from Roan Mountain for 4 years. At same time 1 from Happy Valley, sisters from Martindale and sisters from Watauga which is in Happy Valley's zone. Now I'm not much good at math but it seems that for the past few years there has been at least 3

The issue with your math is the erroneous initial conditions. Agree there is 1 from Tiger Creek (not RM). The one you are referring to from HV actually lives in Elizabethton which is in zone last time I checked. Don't have any idea who you are referring to from Martindale. The sisters I assume you are referring to from Watauga live in the EHS tuition free zone that has been discussed many times before and is not exclusively HV's zone (I know, I grew up near there and could have gone to HV, EHS or Unaka). Again, I really don't understand your obsession with this topic or why you feel you have been appointed the expert spokesman for all of Carter Co. I shouldn't even respond to your nonsense, but it irks me that you continue to proclaim erroneous information as the truth. Regardless of what you or I think about the subject, the one universal truth is that the kids are going to the school they chose - just like the kids going to all the other schools in Carter Co. It is what it is - let it go!

CoachH, I've got to point out that the soft schedule we have played has a lot to do with the snow situation. Games against Unicoi and South Greene were postponed due to the several feet of snow we have had while you flatlanders dealt with an inch or two. Hopefully, they will be rescheduled before conference time.

Our team was young last year, and is even younger this year. I'm quite proud of the way they are performing to date, other than the loss to Sullivan South. We lost by a very narrow margin at Avery County, which is akin to playing anyone in Greene County, they have their own rules and their own referees.

The Harriman tournament was a good experience for the team. Sunbright is very weak, Rockwood is a little better than their record, but certainly not a 'Boro team by any stretch. The South Sumter, FL team was quite good. Two of the girls had just beautiful jump shots, if left un-harassed. They were the undefeated 17-0, #1 AAA team in Florida when we beat them. Good win for Cloudland, we never trailed in the game.

The Highlander

The issue with your math is the erroneous initial conditions. Agree there is 1 from Tiger Creek (not RM). The one you are referring to from HV actually lives in Elizabethton which is in zone last time I checked. Don't have any idea who you are referring to from Martindale. The sisters I assume you are referring to from Watauga live in the EHS tuition free zone that has been discussed many times before and is not exclusively HV's zone (I know, I grew up near there and could have gone to HV, EHS or Unaka). Again, I really don't understand your obsession with this topic or why you feel you have been appointed the expert spokesman for all of Carter Co. I shouldn't even respond to your nonsense, but it irks me that you continue to proclaim erroneous information as the truth. Regardless of what you or I think about the subject, the one universal truth is that the kids are going to the school they chose - just like the kids going to all the other schools in Carter Co. It is what it is - let it go!

At one time there was a Kristen, Hannah,Karma,and a Mariah. That looks like 4 from out of zone to me. And that is just a few

At one time there was a Kristen, Hannah,Karma,and a Mariah. That looks like 4 from out of zone to me. And that is just a few

Par for the course, you got one out of four right. Kristen lives out of zone. Hannah and Kamra lived in Elizabethton - not out of zone (may have lived somewhere else when they were younger, I don't know). Mariah lived in EHS tuition free zone - not out of zone. There may be others but you missed on 3 of 4 this time.

Listen dude, shut up. :ph34r: If they didn't want to play there then they wouldn't be there. People can come and go as they please. More energy needs to be put into training and becoming better basketball teams instead of bellyaching about how life ain't fair. It never will be but we can make the most out of the cards we've been dealt.