12AA New year New Season

Slider

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickman County won a wild game last night in 9 innings. Page rallied from 5-1 in the 7th to tie it, before the Dawgs eventually won the game in the bottom of the 9th. Great effort by both teams! Any news from other games around the district?

SH 15 Lewis co 5 and Lewis co 11 SH 7. Lots of Home runs in both games. Very entertaining games.

I think this district will be as competitive, but not in the way as everyone thinks. The top three teams are so much better than the rest. Spring Hill, Marshall, and Giles will dominate the rest, with Page being an exception that might win one or two against this group. These top three teams will be competitive with each other. The rest are not very good which will amke for some interesting matchups.

Page lost the one ace they had, and i was not overly impressed with their lineup last year. Lewis has Ammons, but that is pretty much it. not solid in pitching from last year, and most teams will not let one player beat them, so if the game is close Ammons will recieve the Barry Bonds treatment this year.

The others, Hickman, Faiview, and East are all about the same talent wise. I think the difference in these teams will be experience and their coaching.

Fairview only had one senior last year and return a decent defensive lineup but they can't score. they will probaly play a lot of close game and depend on their defense to win as they do not have any thing resembling a decent pitcher.

East is East, and that says what you need to know. Stop me if you have heard this one before, but they have a new coach, who is young and in his first coaching job, who will add some discipline to the team that it needs. Seems like this is what eveyrone says about East at the start of every season, but then some parent or player gets mad and the coach is sent away. No wonder they have a hard time being competitive.

Hickman is interesting. they didnt play very well most of last year, but do have some decent players coming back. they made an unbelievable come back in a game in the district tournament last year that they could build off of, but their defense was shaky at best last year and that could hurt their chances.

So in my humble opinion, here is how i think the district finishes the regular seaosn:

1. Marshall County (13-1) splits with SH, sweeps all others

2. Spring Hill (12-2) splits with MC and GC, sweeps the rest

3. Giles County (11-3) splits with SH, swept by MC, sweeps the rest

4. Lewis County (7-7)splits with Page, swept by MC, SH, GC, sweeps the rest

5. Page(7-7) splits with LC, swept by MC, SH, GC, sweeps the rest

6. Hickman County (4-10)sweeps Fairview and East, loses the rest

7. Fairview (2-12)sweeps East, loses the rest

8. East Hickman (0-14)tough year for new coach with not a lot of talent

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!