Early predictions for Class A State

midtensportsfan

LOL! I'm not saying this as any disrespect for OS, but Hampton beat several teams that were better than OS last year but just could not overcome the injuries. 3 starter were not at 100% when they played OS last year and I am still in shock that Hampton played sooooo bad in that game that they lost. I'm actually still scratching my head that Hampton did not win that game even with people hurt. I know some will say that good teams need to have better depth but that is just impossible at small schools. You can't replace someone as easily as you can at a place like Science Hill. I honestly believe Hampton's team last year would beat OS 7 out of 10 times with the injuries and 9 out of 10 times if Hampton was completely heatlhy. Sorry JMO.

Well how come these injuries were never talked about till after the game? Before the game all that was talked about was how weak OS and Harriman reigon was, but both teams won fairly easily. I understand your a fan of Hampton and as a fan your always gonna believe that your team is gonna win every game. But to use the injuries is a little lackluster b/c at that time of year everyone is playing a little injured. Ya'll came out and got up 10-2, where was the injuries at then? from that point on OS out played,Out coached, and overall dominated the rest of the game.

With that all being said this is about state predictions this year and I am a fan of OS and clearly we are not gonna make it this year lol.. but i do expect big things from Hampton at the State this year, if healthy. just hope ya'll do not see a grace team cause ya'll will probably lose close to them and find out a month after that they had ineligible players(OS knows a lot about this). Hope this does not happen though as i like to see a small town team with homegrown boys do well!

Well how come these injuries were never talked about till after the game? Before the game all that was talked about was how weak OS and Harriman reigon was, but both teams won fairly easily. I understand your a fan of Hampton and as a fan your always gonna believe that your team is gonna win every game. But to use the injuries is a little lackluster b/c at that time of year everyone is playing a little injured. Ya'll came out and got up 10-2, where was the injuries at then? from that point on OS out played,Out coached, and overall dominated the rest of the game.

With that all being said this is about state predictions this year and I am a fan of OS and clearly we are not gonna make it this year lol.. but i do expect big things from Hampton at the State this year, if healthy. just hope ya'll do not see a grace team cause ya'll will probably lose close to them and find out a month after that they had ineligible players(OS knows a lot about this). Hope this does not happen though as i like to see a small town team with homegrown boys do well!

We did have two injured starters on the floor....but that was no reason to play the way we did....WE PLAYED SLOPPY...WE PLAYED TIMID...WE CHOKED...PERIOD! And OS kicked our butt!

That was last season, and I do believe they have learned many lessons from the past.

As for Grace, I was at the Grace/Hampton game three years ago when they put Hampton out and did so with ineligible players...for which they are still paying for and rightfully so!

If we do not make noise at the Boro, this season will be a total failure....IMO

GO DOGS!!

I have not seen Cloudland play in the last few weeks.....have you? And if so, do they really look bad? 'Cause if so, its a totally different team than a few weeks ago!!!!

Mark this down, if they are no good at, Hampton will beat them by 30!

But I happen to know a lil about both teams, Cloudland has had a stumble or two but this game should be one of the best you will see this year.

We dont want any team to worry about Hampton.

All im saying is that Cloundland has only BEAT 1 team with a winning record.And that I have seen Hampton play and if they cant beat them by 15 or more they want get 2 state.It has nothing 2 do who im for.Im 4 all the local teams.My cousin played 4 the Bulldogs in the early 80s and im good friends with Grady Hill I was stating MY feelings like you .Go look at the teams Couldland has played ONE team north green is 9 - 7 they have beat with a winning record thats not saying much

I am in know way going to go out on a limb like Glazed and say that the runner-up in 5A has "no-chance" of winning at the 6A school, but there chances are likely as good as the runner-up from 6A going to CA and defeating them.

I think this is a logical statement... I would say 5A runner up probably has a 30-40% chance of winning in substate and the 6A runner up would be in the 20-30% range... Not jumping on McEwen's back (or whoever gets 2nd in 5A), but my thinking is that it will be really tough to knockoff CA at CA in substate after they have been there two straight years this probably being the third... Big game experience matters and CA has that...

All im saying is that Cloundland has only BEAT 1 team with a winning record.And that I have seen Hampton play and if they cant beat them by 15 or more they want get 2 state.It has nothing 2 do who im for.Im 4 all the local teams.My cousin played 4 the Bulldogs in the early 80s and im good friends with Grady Hill I was stating MY feelings like you .Go look at the teams Couldland has played ONE team north green is 9 - 7 they have beat with a winning record thats not saying much

Brother, you'll never find me bustn on one for stating their feelings on sports teams :thumb:

I thought Cloudland had played a harsh preseason and that their season schedule was a lil tougher than you stated....But I am VERY sure they will come to Hampton to play, (it will be a war) and you cant judge Hampton's margin of victory as to weather they will make it to state or not.

Thats like saying Duke cant win the title this year because Florida State beat them or if they dont kill UNC (which performances are pathetic again this year <_< ).

Played alot of ball with Grady, have known him for years...If that boy of his hits the floor to dominate every game, we will enjoy post season!

Hampton High All the way!!!

IT's time for a Gold Ball

Who has Hampton beaten this year? NO ONE! Hampton is another mediocre team out of the east that will make it to the state because there is usually only one decent team in East Tn a year and that one goes one and done in the state as will Hampton if they get there.

Well, the injuries were there and they were talked about before the game. Hampton absolutley destroyed Harriman at Hampton and the starters played waaaay less than 3 qtrs in that game. That is why Hampton felt pretty confident going in to the game even with the injuries and really didn't feel the need to talk about them. We thought Harriman and OS were pretty even talent wise going in and did not feel that threatened. We were wrong. You are correct though OS did outplay Hampton the whole game though, I can't argue with you there. OS deserved to win the game. The only reason the injuries were brought up now is because we are talking about predictions for this year and ALL of the Hampton fans know that we are 10 times better than what you saw at the OS game last year. Hopefully we stay healthy for once this year!

• Upvote 1

I agree that Hampton should beat Cloudland by 15 points at home but I do have to take up for Cloudland here. The teams they have beaten may not look good on paper but most games, they have been destoying every team they have been playing. I think they are better than you are giving them credit for and they play as hard or harder than any team you will find. They beat Avery by 40 and Avery has a winning record and only has 1 conf loss in a very good conf in NC. Avery only had the football players back for 1 day when this happened but I think it is still impressive. They also beat Greenville by 30 and Greenville is not a great AAA team but still not bad when playing a single A team.

Who has Hampton beaten this year? NO ONE! Hampton is another mediocre team out of the east that will make it to the state because there is usually only one decent team in East Tn a year and that one goes one and done in the state as will Hampton if they get there.

Well, shows you know nothing more than how to do a bit of typing! Im not going over their schedule again. (preseason nor reg-season).

Yea, Unicoi Co High (and others I could mention) is a "NO ONE"! I would like to see your team matched up with them!

You all just keep that kinda thinking going strong and maybe you can come watch us play for the 'BALL'! :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2