Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

So who is the new A.D.? Why is this a prospective problem?

Per the Standard Banner:

1st Year Assistant Principle Randy Rogers is the new AD. He will not be making the final decision on who the new HC will be. That will be Principle Scott Walker.

Also, AD Rogers wife is AD at Maury Middle School.

IMHO, I do find it rather interesting that a new AD was selected so quickly after the resignation of Coach Kisabeth. Most job searches take at least 2 or 3 weeks to line up a qualified group of candidates. That is then followed by a few days of 1st round interviews and then narrowing it down to your top 2 finalists. Then a day of final interviews and a job offer made.

Cowbell, More Cowbell..........

Edited by OHSgrad88

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the Standard Banner:

1st Year Assistant Principle Randy Rogers is the new AD. He will not be making the final decision on who the new HC will be. That will be Principle Scott Walker.

Also, AD Rogers wife is AD at Maury Middle School.

IMHO, I do find it rather interesting that a new AD was selected so quickly after the resignation of Coach Kisabeth. Most job searches take at least 2 or 3 weeks to line up a qualified group of candidates. That is then followed by a few days of 1st round interviews and then narrowing it down to your top 2 finalists. Then a day of final interviews and a job offer made.

Cowbell, More Cowbell..........

Looks like the good ole boy system is alive and well !!

Today I learned that Joe Case has applied for the HC job.

Lamar Brown has applied.

Rodney McCash has applied.

An assistant at Rhea county is interested. He was an assistant at Maryville before going to Rhea County.

And so it begins. It seems you have some good inside knowledge. How long do you see this process taking? Winter workouts and spring ball right around corner should not be to much longer.

And so it begins. It seems you have some good inside knowledge. How long do you see this process taking? Winter workouts and spring ball right around corner should not be to much longer.

I also heard Hammondtree has applied.I was told that apllications will be taken til the end of the month.

My opinion, and that is all it is, they need to have someone in place no later than the end of January!!

If i was jeff co. i would go with a young coach with new ideals. i watched jason phillips do a good job with offence while he was at clinton. he left and went to tusculum for 2 years to coach and finish his degree. coached offence this past year at central. he would be good fit for jc. he played for quarles at maryville and coached with meadows at william blount. Jc needs to get someone with no ties to jefferson co. phillips would be a good hire.

If i was jeff co. i would go with a young coach with new ideals. i watched jason phillips do a good job with offence while he was at clinton. he left and went to tusculum for 2 years to coach and finish his degree. coached offence this past year at central. he would be good fit for jc. he played for quarles at maryville and coached with meadows at william blount. Jc needs to get someone with no ties to jefferson co. phillips would be a good hire.

We just went through that !

Hiring Coach Justin Anderson as the Head Coach was a BIG MISTAKE, really a joke! Let's face it, he was forced to resign! The AD should have been fired for making such a hire and the principal should have received a strong reprimand for allowing any of this to take place. They should have hired a strong and experienced coach and allowed Anderson to remain an assistant since he was responsible for getting that many kids out for football. Great motivator, good with kids, not head coaching material yet! Winning a share of the IMAC and simply making it to the playoffs is not a measure of any success at any level in high school football. My advice to the new head coach would be to keep Justin on staff to keep the numbers up, help him grow as a coach so that one day he may be able to be a successful head coach.

The School Principal who did the hiring of Coach Anderson retired in May/June 2010, so no recourse for the reprimand suggested.

Cowbell, More Cowbell......

Tim Hammontree... former head coach at Maryville.

very familiar with Jeff Co. football player and graduate from CNC

WHAT DID HE RUN AT MARRYVILLE? BEING FROM CNC DID HE RUN THE VEER? HOW MANY STATE TITLES DID HE WIN WHILE AT MARRYVILLE. WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE CURRENT COACH THERE HAS DONE. DID HE LEAVE OR WAS HE PUSHED ASIDE TO MAKE ROOM FOR GQ?