Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

If you want the players to be mentally tought, they should wrestle. They will get lifting in during the wrestling season and lost of specific lifts, but nothing prepares them better than one on one competition with no one to blame or hide behind than wrestling. Six minutes are all a match is but when a guy can go hard for six full min no stop all out, a football game is to easy. You are using every muscle to do moves an also prevent moves, thus constantly using the brain to decide and execute when needed. Football games you nevergo longer than 20 sec at at time!!!

Proven factor look at New England Patriots lineman Stevel Neal who won NCAA Championship and did not even PLAY football in college and was chosen by Patriots for his work habit and wrestling skills.

The more humbling thing it establishes humality, you are in the eye of everyone no way to get mixed in the group, you win or lose and either grow up or fall between the cracks.

One thing that most do not understand about how much one can benchpress, its not good in football or wrestling, beacuse it is a lift that is executed from your back, so if you intend to get pancaked and be lying down on the job alot instead of out front getting your hands on opponents then by all means become the strongest bench presser in the world!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off thank you to all my players at Jefferson County High School. It was a honor for me to be the head football coach the past 4 seasons. For all the posters thank you for your kind words and comments that you left here on the boards. I wish Jeff Co. Well and good luck finding a new head football coach. Thanks for all the support and for the non supporters grow up and help support the program.

Farewell To all Supporters

Coach Anderson

First off thank you to all my players at Jefferson County High School. It was a honor for me to be the head football coach the past 4 seasons. For all the posters thank you for your kind words and comments that you left here on the boards. I wish Jeff Co. Well and good luck finding a new head football coach. Thanks for all the support and for the non supporters grow up and help support the program.

Farewell To all Supporters

Coach Anderson

[/quo

Gut go get em at state good luck Patriots!!!

I watched Maryville win state with guys on the OLine that weighed 175lbs. Those guys weren't big but they had perfect teqnique. If the 6'4 280lbs guys are athletic it is great to have them but I have seen many guys that size that were slow as Christmas.

And thus the need for good plyometrics...

The 6'4 280 guy would be about 265 with good conditioning and diet.

and then not slow as Christmas.

Cowbell, More Cowbell..........

Edited by OHSgrad88

Ok first off Jefferson County High School is going down hill with who is in charge. Rogers as AD because Walker brought him from West View Middle School what does he know about being a high school AD why not Delozier or Sinard or Smith. As for Walker he is a puppet he does not care about the people on the inside of the school just what people on the outside think.

Not sure about him being a puppet. Who is he the puppet of? I do not teach or work at the school, so I do not know. Please enlighten the community.

As far as lifting weights yes it is good but I remember back when I played Kisabeth just open the weight room I never seen a coach all summer and we would have ten or fifteen players working out each day but they played in the state championship game so I guess by dvp4life they would of never won a game because the guys were just good oh boys that worked on farm and drunk illegal beverages so I guess you better be able to bench 400 pounds and squat a thousand before you can dominate.

I do not think they need to have that level of bench/squat, but when your newly converted RB who played QB the prior year can out bench your “strongest†linemen, you got problems in the weightroom. Also, EVERY Combine (Except Nike) has the players do 185lbs bench max reps to score strength.

As far as Anderson; loved watching him play at Jeff. Co, and Carson-Newman Football All-American at Carson-Newman ran like a 5.5 fourty and played LB and Center at Jeff County then played center at Carson-Newman lets see all-state in three sports in High School Wrestling, Baseball, and Football, and a state champion. He benched 250 in High School that was not much but he would wipe your - - - on the field and on the mat because he had heart and he would do what ever he had to do to win. As far as coaching he was crazy taking the job lets see Meadows was not a good coach what has he done since he lost all the athletic teams lets see nothing because he ran out of athletes and that is why he left Jeff Co and Euverard was not a good people person and destoried the program and Anderson the sacrificial lamb but wait he went 2007 6-4 playoffs and Big East coach of the year over (Clark DB, Taylor B, Brewer SC, Smith SH, Wells CC,) 2008 3-7 lost all-state QB McFall that beat greenville that lost to maryville in Semi-finals 2009 5-5 stated 0-4 and made the kids believe for a turn around 2010 6-4 playoffs and 6-1 in conference yeah should of been 8-2 but they were not so he came in changed the program in a positive way and started restoring the program back to were we used to be so lets get rid of him. Well we did it was a sad day for the patriot nation all across the state because we knew what he was trying to do the impossibe under what he came in to. so I salute you Jutin Anderson and best of luck and go somewhere where you are wanted.

We know Justin was a Great Athlete. He is a Good man and sadly had to deal with more politics than he needed to.

Sadly that happens in most High School Football Programs.

I maybe wrong, but was Meadows not Head Coach at Knox Catholic in ’08 when they won the State and went 15-0? Not sure, just asking.

Also, I know of at least 2 D1 players for KC that will be signing on Wednesday. That is 2 more than we will have.

OHSGrad- we understand your son did not play sorry but get over it

Been over it, WAY Over it….

Just asking a legit question and pointing out speed kills, in both a good and bad way…..

Cowbell, More Cowbell…………

Edited by OHSgrad88

Ok first off Jefferson County High School is going down hill with who is in charge. Rogers as AD because Walker brought him from West View Middle School what does he know about being a high school AD why not Delozier or Sinard or Smith. As for Walker he is a puppet he does not care about the people on the inside of the school just what people on the outside think. As far as lifting weights yes it is good but I remember back when I played Kisabeth just open the weight room I never seen a coach all summer and we would have ten or fifteen players working out each day but they played in the state championship game so I guess by dvp4life they would of never won a game because the guys were just good oh boys that worked on farm and drunk illegal beverages so I guess you better be able to bench 400 pounds and squat a thousand before you can dominate. As far as Anderson; loved watching him play at Jeff. Co, and Carson-Newman Football All-American at Carson-Newman ran like a 5.5 fourty and played LB and Center at Jeff County then played center at Carson-Newman lets see all-state in three sports in High School Wrestling, Baseball, and Football, and a state champion. He benched 250 in High School that was not much but he would wipe your - - - on the field and on the mat because he had heart and he would do what ever he had to do to win. As far as coaching he was crazy taking the job lets see Meadows was not a good coach what has he done since he lost all the athletic teams lets see nothing because he ran out of athletes and that is why he left Jeff Co and Euverard was not a good people person and destoried the program and Anderson the sacrificial lamb but wait he went 2007 6-4 playoffs and Big East coach of the year over (Clark DB, Taylor B, Brewer SC, Smith SH, Wells CC,) 2008 3-7 lost all-state QB McFall that beat greenville that lost to maryville in Semi-finals 2009 5-5 stated 0-4 and made the kids believe for a turn around 2010 6-4 playoffs and 6-1 in conference yeah should of been 8-2 but they were not so he came in changed the program in a positive way and started restoring the program back to were we used to be so lets get rid of him. Well we did it was a sad day for the patriot nation all across the state because we knew what he was trying to do the impossibe under what he came in to. so I salute you Jutin Anderson and best of luck and go somewhere where you are wanted.

Making myself clear>>>> I have been a 4 year supporter of Coach Anderson and he knows it.It should be clear to any JC FB fan that Coach A left the place alot better than when he found it .It is also well known that Coach A's High School and Collegiate record is awesome !! He is an example of smash-mouth/good ole boy/country toughness !!YES YES he did it his way and was successfull.I wish the County was full of guys like him,I wish he wasnt a rare example of an athlete.I wish that kind of toughness was in everyone that plays.BUT it is not!!You said yourself that 10 -15 guys were in the weight room(unsupervised) back in the ancient past.Why were they in there??? They were self MOTIVATED !!! THEY KNEW the value of strength and power ! They knew that being stronger would help them dominate on the field.ON one hand you say how so many were in the weight room / and on the other hand you say how it isnt needed to dominate.I GRANT you "Coach A " didnt need the weight room.But these other "mortal" players do.And again,I dont blame Coach A for our players not doing the needed work,Our players DO need to be self-motivated>>>>> JUST like they were in 87.

Edited by dvp4life

Now that the application deadline has come and gone who are they gonna interview? They should be getting started soon any inside scoop?

It should be noted and applauded that ZACHARY KOUNTZ has signed to play for Carson Newman College ! Christian Mcfall is also at CN.Also finishing up his college FB career at CN is Micheal Manis. Others playing college FB include Jonathan Yeary (Jr) and Thomas Cook (fr) at the U of the Cumberlands KY , Dustin Whitt(JR) is playing at Emory and Henry.Congrats to all these young men!!! Keep up the good work!Im sure they will be a few more signees in the days and weeks ahead.

Edited by dvp4life

It should be noted and applauded that ZACHARY KOUNTZ has signed to play for Carson Newman College ! Christian Mcfall is also at CN.Also finishing up his college FB career at CN is Micheal Manis. Others playing college FB include Jonathan Yeary (Jr) and Thomas Cook (fr) at the U of the Cumberlands KY , Dustin Whitt(JR) is playing at Emory and Henry.Congrats to all these young men!!! Keep up the good work!Im sure they will be a few more signees in the days and weeks ahead.

That is GREAT news for Kountz !!!!

I hear Cain is visiting at Emory and Henry this week.

Still no news on "interviews" with the new AD.

Keep Working Hard Folks!!! It WILL Payoff....

Cowbell, More Cowbell.............

Pardon, but have you actually watched the teams in the district.....The freshman team could've suited up the past two years and went 11-9. Not to say whether Anderson is a good coach or not, because I don't really know...but they beat the teams the past two years that they shouldve...East, Cherokee, South-Doyle, Cocke County and Seymour...they beat one team they maybe shouldn't have Sevier (2010) and lost three games they shouldn't have (William Blount, William Blount and West)

As far as coaching he was crazy taking the job lets see Meadows was not a good coach what has he done since he lost all the athletic teams lets see nothing because he ran out of athletes and that is why he left Jeff Co and Euverard was not a good people person and destoried the program and Anderson the sacrificial lamb but wait he went 2007 6-4 playoffs and Big East coach of the year over (Clark DB, Taylor B, Brewer SC, Smith SH, Wells CC,) 2008 3-7 lost all-state QB McFall that beat greenville that lost to maryville in Semi-finals 2009 5-5 stated 0-4 and made the kids believe for a turn around 2010 6-4 playoffs and 6-1 in conference yeah should of been 8-2 but they were not so he came in changed the program in a positive way and started restoring the program back to were we used to be so lets get rid of him. Well we did it was a sad day for the patriot nation all across the state because we knew what he was trying to do the impossibe under what he came in to. so I salute you Jutin Anderson and best of luck and go somewhere where you are wanted.

OHSGrad- we understand your son did not play sorry but get over it