Jefferson County FB 2011

dvp4life

From what I hear practice is going well. Run/ throw 50/50. I see this team doing much better than most expect if they go injury free. If a key player goes down this team could go from contending in every game to 4-6 fast.. I do feel that this team will be overlooked in that there were great expectations from last years team, but little expected from this team. If you go down the player list you may see that they my improve in most areas. O line will be much stronger and bigger. Def line and D backs somewhat unchanged and even better. We are short a few of the skill players on the outside but may make up with some power. The qb will return for a second year and this should be big. At the end, I think some may get surprised with the product that hits the field this year????????????????? I hear practice has been intense!!!! first scrimmage is friday with louden and next week at cleveland. will advise

Thanks patpride. Will be interested to hear scrimmage observations. Especially with Cleveland and Voytik

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did both Jeff Co. and Loudon look in yesterdays scrimmage?

Jeff county went 70 on the first play and never looked back. JC never was stopped. Louden was held to aprox 3 first downs. At the end Jc 5 tds to Loudons 0

If not for an offside pen or 2 it would have been worse.

Jc was missing their top 2 off and def lineman. Jc never tried to pass much but did not have to. Louden looked big but never could get it going. JC dominated both lines. Jc ran at will and passed enough to keep everyone honest. Jc looked better at all parts of the game. Offense was in time and def simply dominated. Pass rush was good and the def line dominated. Jc looked simply like an old JC team. Good first impression. will know much more as they get Cleveland this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Jefferson County wins 31 to 7 over Heritage to open the season. Could have been a shutout but for the TD on the kickoff return. Stay in your lanes or just kick the ball out of the endzone. He has the leg to do it.

Smiley is a Man and has D-1 potential.

Bible has a cannon for an arm, scrambles very well and is making better decisions than last year. 2 dropped balls from having a score of over 40.

Trey and the running backs are making good reads and holding into the ball when in traffic and running to daylight on the cutbacks.

FINALLY, the O and D Lines are being rotated to be “fresh†late in the game. No one looked gassed after the game. :thumb:

Now, go get better this week. There is plenty of work to do in ALL aspects of the game. Make the adjustments and do not be satisfied. Have a Great trip to Bristol and focus on the Vikings. Take it One Game at a Time.

Go Patriots!!!!! Cowbell, More Cowbell!!!!!!!