Livingston Academy @ Smith Co.

LAfan4Life

I for one am tired reading stuff like your post. I understand the situation fully. My thoughts are that no one with an ounce of self-respect would have taken the so called indefinite suspension. The director never actually told Melton if or when he could come back, but the fact that there was nothing to suspend him over is what made it such a joke. So the guy broke a radio. If I was the director I would have made sure that he paid for it (which he did the next day) and make sure that I had a conversation with the coach advising him to be careful with school property considering this was the only incident in his career at LA. Three board members called/meet with the director and advised him of what he needed to do and he did it. If Melton would have taken the suspension they were going to replace him next season anyways with this as there justification.

The deed is done. The sad thing is that the director and the board don't care about the students that it is affecting. They don't care that it demolished the LA boy's program. They are just happy that they got someone they disliked out and a good ol' boy in.

You answered the question for Play 4 Fun! Or did you push the wrong button?

That statement is not very fair. In a broad sense, you may think you know what you are talking about. Any board or director that don't care about kids is in the wrong line of, for lack of a better word, work. Speaking individually about the board "not caring about the students" is not a fair assessment. That hits a lot closer to home for some than it does for others.

I agree, that would mean they are in the wrong line of work. Which makes it odd when board members vote to renew/extend contracts for people such as the Overton County director. You are right that all the board members probably aren't as bad as some of the others. However, it just takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch. If the other board members didn't want the same type of reputation, they should be more vocal about where they stand and the actions of their other board members. If one board member knew that another member wasn't in it for the kids, yet he done nothing to inform the community about that 'bad' member, he is just as guilty as the one that doesn't care about the kids... In my opinion

*back to the game though.. Congrats to Smith Co. and their coach. The team outworked LA's team and their coach outcoached LA's coach...They earned/deserved the victory.

MountainDewMan, maybe someone needs to fill you in on what Paul Harvey would call 'The rest of the story'.

Don't listen to the radio much. Just give me an ice cold Mt Dew, a bag of popcorn, and a rerun of Matlock. Can't get any better! :popcorneater: Been wondering how long it would take for you and getoverit to voice your opinions. If he had only listened to you and the others in the weeks before the JC game, this probably wouldn't have went down this way! Bet tensions were so high at the family thanksgiving dinner the turkey got up and ran off. :roflol:

Where are all those jokers questioning my statement of a sub par district the other night? Everyone in the area is thankful that Overton county board of education is so out of control because it has made everyone else's life so much easier. Coach miller is a good coach and will be ok if he continues but LA is on it's way back down. This whole situation reminds me of an eminem song "what happens when karma turns right around to bite you? And everything you stand for turns on you to spite you? Well I think overton counties board of Ed can possibly answer that question. Might wanna call coach Melton back, double his pay, fire the director and board members, and maybe they can salvage something out of this season...but since we all know they're too proud for that to happen, guess it is just gonna be a long long rest of the year....I always heard that it is a long painful fall from the top....guess la is finding that out.

Wow! This coming from someone, who only afew years ago, either didn't tryout for or didn't make(not sure which) ex-coach Meltons team at LA and had to go to Clay Co. to play ball. We see how you have supported LA in the past. Do we think you would support them now, since you are working out of the Pickett Co. system.

Wow! This coming from someone, who only afew years ago, either didn't tryout for or didn't make(not sure which) ex-coach Meltons team at LA and had to go to Clay Co. to play ball. We see how you have supported LA in the past. Do we think you would support them now, since you are working out of the Pickett Co. system.

I'm not real sure bbut I think McCoin was b-ball coach then.

I'm not real sure bbut I think McCoin was b-ball coach then.

Sure was 66..but someone as knowledgeable about LA as mtndew should have known that right? ha ha...never said I personally was an LA "fan," but maybe a good basketball fan in general...I like watching their girls play because they always have good teams and a good program..and in the last 5 years the boys were the same...now not so much. Loss of interest I guess...Anyways, yeah I like to watch the LA program play when they are worth watching, I also have watched Clarkrange (girls), Jackson Co., Clay Co., RBS (girls), Upperman, etc., OH and of course PC. I think it may be okay to have an overall respect of the game, and to like watching the game enough to go watch these teams play when they're good...I'm not sooo brainwashed to think that LA is almighty and all that because they are not, but they were alot closer a year ago or two months ago then they will be two months from now, or a year from now. And actually yeah I support the LA girls program a whole lot more then you know I am sure...

OLDCAT...I did not need anyone to answer any questions for me..I'm capable. The truth is nothing should have been done. The truth is that they were going to suspend a good coach that they did not like in the first place and would he have ever coached again at LA anyways? Doubt it. I don't know anyone that would take a suspension for not doing anything wrong, but that's just me.

And whoever said the board members were not all wrong is correct...but the ones that are the worse have about 3 people that vote for them EVERYTIME...they control the votes so unless they are ousted sometime soon...the same kind of behavior will continue...That is the truth and anyone that isn't in on the Livingston politics, and actually most people that are know that's the case....don't ya think it's wild that there are so many people outside of LA that love the coaching change...outta be a clue.

Sure was 66..but someone as knowledgeable about LA as mtndew should have known that right? ha ha...never said I personally was an LA "fan," but maybe a good basketball fan in general...I like watching their girls play because they always have good teams and a good program..and in the last 5 years the boys were the same...now not so much. Loss of interest I guess...Anyways, yeah I like to watch the LA program play when they are worth watching, I also have watched Clarkrange (girls), Jackson Co., Clay Co., RBS (girls), Upperman, etc., OH and of course PC. I think it may be okay to have an overall respect of the game, and to like watching the game enough to go watch these teams play when they're good...I'm not sooo brainwashed to think that LA is almighty and all that because they are not, but they were alot closer a year ago or two months ago then they will be two months from now, or a year from now. And actually yeah I support the LA girls program a whole lot more then you know I am sure...

OLDCAT...I did not need anyone to answer any questions for me..I'm capable. The truth is nothing should have been done. The truth is that they were going to suspend a good coach that they did not like in the first place and would he have ever coached again at LA anyways? Doubt it. I don't know anyone that would take a suspension for not doing anything wrong, but that's just me.

And whoever said the board members were not all wrong is correct...but the ones that are the worse have about 3 people that vote for them EVERYTIME...they control the votes so unless they are ousted sometime soon...the same kind of behavior will continue...That is the truth and anyone that isn't in on the Livingston politics, and actually most people that are know that's the case....don't ya think it's wild that there are so many people outside of LA that love the coaching change...outta be a clue.

Sorry about that! Thought you were someone using numerous identities on here. I do not agree however that nothing should have been done but it should never have gone this far.

Edited by OldCatFan
  • Upvote 1

Sorry about that! Thought you were someone using numerous identities on here. I do not agree however that nothing should have been done but it should never have gone this far.

There is something we can agree on somewhat..need to correct my earlier post. Should have had to pay for it, which he did. That is the punishment I think that fit the crime. Maybe talked to by Principal or director about being more careful but this was blown way way out of proportion in my opinion.

You answered the question for Play 4 Fun! Or did you push the wrong button?

Not sure what you mean by pushing the wrong button, but I meant to reply to your post. Several people have been asking what the director should have done instead of the idiotic thing that he did do. So, I just thought I would throw my 2 cents worth out there. I didn't realize that you just wanted only the Play4fun to respond.

You don't have to be a LA fan to know that this is the biggest mistake in LA boy's basketball history. Think about all those other district teams' fans that are loving the foolish school board right now. My point being, you don't have to be a fan to recognize stupidity (or corruption in this case).

You don't have to be a LA fan to know that this is the biggest mistake in LA boy's basketball history. Think about all those other district teams' fans that are loving the foolish school board right now. My point being, you don't have to be a fan to recognize stupidity (or corruption in this case).

Turn out the lights The Parties over! Sorry can't sing like Dandy Don!!! If You think we are glad Melton is gone your are wrong. We were going to put a wupping on yall in 2011 and going to especially make you like it. DominanceLost I like that.