Livingston Academy @ Smith Co.

LAfan4Life

Was a very poor shooting night by Livingston. They didn't make a single 3-pointer, which is very unusual for a Livingston team. A lot of it has to be contributed to the Smith Co defense, but Livingston just didn't appear to be in their normal state of mind. Livingston needs to go back to their offensive & defensive styles that they were using earlier in the season and not use the stuff we saw at Smith County, keep the best players on the floor when possible, and take better advantage of mismatches.

Sure was 66..but someone as knowledgeable about LA as mtndew should have known that right? ha ha...never said I personally was an LA "fan," but maybe a good basketball fan in general...I like watching their girls play because they always have good teams and a good program..and in the last 5 years the boys were the same...now not so much. Loss of interest I guess...Anyways, yeah I like to watch the LA program play when they are worth watching, I also have watched Clarkrange (girls), Jackson Co., Clay Co., RBS (girls), Upperman, etc., OH and of course PC. I think it may be okay to have an overall respect of the game, and to like watching the game enough to go watch these teams play when they're good...I'm not sooo brainwashed to think that LA is almighty and all that because they are not, but they were alot closer a year ago or two months ago then they will be two months from now, or a year from now. And actually yeah I support the LA girls program a whole lot more then you know I am sure...

OLDCAT...I did not need anyone to answer any questions for me..I'm capable. The truth is nothing should have been done. The truth is that they were going to suspend a good coach that they did not like in the first place and would he have ever coached again at LA anyways? Doubt it. I don't know anyone that would take a suspension for not doing anything wrong, but that's just me.

And whoever said the board members were not all wrong is correct...but the ones that are the worse have about 3 people that vote for them EVERYTIME...they control the votes so unless they are ousted sometime soon...the same kind of behavior will continue...That is the truth and anyone that isn't in on the Livingston politics, and actually most people that are know that's the case....don't ya think it's wild that there are so many people outside of LA that love the coaching change...outta be a clue.

Thats right , McCoin was the coach then. Time goes by too fast when you get my age. That does not change the fact you left the county sports programs once and I am not supprised that you are not not supporting the program now! And now is when they need it. This program will turn around and get back to its winning ways. When it does someone will say the same thing the Japaneese said after they bombed Pearl Harbor "I am afraid we have awaikened a sleeping giant." Go Hog-EYE

You don't have to be a LA fan to know that this is the biggest mistake in LA boy's basketball history. Think about all those other district teams' fans that are loving the foolish school board right now. My point being, you don't have to be a fan to recognize stupidity (or corruption in this case).

Corruption-----Strong words about same board that employes you and a great many members of your family! You really should take a couple of steps back and evaluate the situation. A better phrase for the ex-coaches situation is self-inflicted. Everything that happened was a result of what he did. He had the team to a point that he didn't know what to do to bring them out of it. His actions lost him the support of his team, his fans, and most everyone envolved. Heck, Almost all of his family members left early at the JC game. Was this because they supported him or didn't approve of his actions? He chose the easy way out HE QUIT! No corruption involved. This is my last post on this subject and I encourage everyone to do the same. Like it or not the page has been turned. This team needs all of our support, especially now. For what they have been through from the start of the season till now. Go Hog-Eye

Edited by MountainDewMan

Corruption-----Strong words about same board that employes you and a great many members of your family! You really should take a couple of steps back and evaluate the situation. A better phrase for the ex-coaches situation is self-inflicted. Everything that happened was a result of what he did. He had the team to a point that he didn't know what to do to bring them out of it. His actions lost him the support of his team, his fans, and most everyone envolved. Heck, Almost all of his family members left early at the JC game. Was this because they supported him or didn't approve of his actions? He chose the easy way out HE QUIT! No corruption involved. This is my last post on this subject and I encourage everyone to do the same. Like it or not the page has been turned. This team needs all of our support, especially now. For what they have been through from the start of the season till now. Go Hog-Eye

:thumb:

Congrats to Dusty on being named the Owls new coach and on a big win against LA. I talked to one of his bosses yesterday and he is happy with the progress so far. The Owls beat arch rival Gordonsville by 20+ and then LA friday night. There is lots of excitement in the air in Carthage about the Owls BB team. Good luck Owls and coach Whitaker.

I'm like the mountaindewman, this stuff is getting old. Obviously this is going to start after LA game especially when they lose. Guess play4fun, dominancelost, row8faright, midtenn, etc. will have to wait a few days before really getting cranked up again because Pickett and Clarkrange are the next 2 games on the schedule. Who knows though, most probably thought SC wouldn't be close. As for the "other side". whatever the cats are doing obviously ain/t working. Whether it's personnel or strategy, or maybe a combination of the 2, the cats aren't performing very well. But as I said earlier with Pickett and Clarkrange up next, should be a few more smiling faces maybe(for a little while)

The topic may be getting old, but that doesn't change what happened. We cheated ourselves out of a great coach. Anyone who can't stand-up and admit that what the school board did was wrong would get no respect from me. We can lie to ourselves and pretend like we were justified in running the coach out and that our program won't be devastated by this, but we all know the truth deep down.

Yes I agree that we should let the page turn and if we are real fans of LA sports we should continue to support our teams regardless of who the coach is. Was Richard a good coach? Yes I thought he had the program going in the right direction no argument here. And I was one of his biggest critics when he first got the job.I think his record speaks for itself.

All I hear now is how the board done Richard. Did they have just cause ? I don't really know all the facts but just what I hear. My opinion is that if he really treasured his job he would have taken whatever action the board suggested and went on from there. And I don't have a clue what was said to him about his future as a coach. Apparently he chose to take it into his own hands thus his resigning the job.

Now in comes Jimmy Miller. As a player he was one of the best to play here just like Richard. And both had dreams of becoming a coach someday just like I did myself. Anybody that has played sports I'm sure have always had dreams. McCoin...Lamb...Qualls...(and have heard thru the vine that Cates might do some coaching)are following their dreams. So I think Jimmy should be given his chance to coach as well. I will support Jimmy as long as he puts the kids first. After all it's only a game and kids should learn life's lessons thru sports.

All these guys I just mentioned should be thankful for even getting a chance to coach. Because lot's of people didn't have the right politics or whatever it takes to be a coach in this county. A few comes to my mind right quick...Jimmy Maynord is at the top. Dolphus Dial is another he won as many championships at INDEPEDENCE as anybody but maybe Mr. Wilbur C. Smith. DOC never got his chance and he was a great coach.

Yes I agree that we should let the page turn and if we are real fans of LA sports we should continue to support our teams regardless of who the coach is. Was Richard a good coach? Yes I thought he had the program going in the right direction no argument here. And I was one of his biggest critics when he first got the job.I think his record speaks for itself.

All I hear now is how the board done Richard. Did they have just cause ? I don't really know all the facts but just what I hear. My opinion is that if he really treasured his job he would have taken whatever action the board suggested and went on from there. And I don't have a clue what was said to him about his future as a coach. Apparently he chose to take it into his own hands thus his resigning the job.

Now in comes Jimmy Miller. As a player he was one of the best to play here just like Richard. And both had dreams of becoming a coach someday just like I did myself. Anybody that has played sports I'm sure have always had dreams. McCoin...Lamb...Qualls...(and have heard thru the vine that Cates might do some coaching)are following their dreams. So I think Jimmy should be given his chance to coach as well. I will support Jimmy as long as he puts the kids first. After all it's only a game and kids should learn life's lessons thru sports.

All these guys I just mentioned should be thankful for even getting a chance to coach. Because lot's of people didn't have the right politics or whatever it takes to be a coach in this county. A few comes to my mind right quick...Jimmy Maynord is at the top. Dolphus Dial is another he won as many championships at INDEPEDENCE as anybody but maybe Mr. Wilbur C. Smith. DOC never got his chance and he was a great coach.

Amen to your statement about Jimmy Maynord. Don't remember much about Dial. I think you could also Mark Eldridge to that list.