Region 6A

Vandychris

I'm not sure who will win the Region. I've seen S'town play very good and very bad and I've seen WC play very good and very bad. I think that WC is as good as Perry County but they can't keep it together when the two teams play. On the other hand Loretto is as good as WC and probably S'town. Perry County only plays 6 players the entire game and I don't understand why S'town & WC don't just run the floor the entire game or at least the first half and wear PC down. I think S'town could do it more than WC.

I couldnt agree more with this post. Where is the Summertown team that was putting up 70+ points? They are not playing their run and gun style of play anymore. We have VERY quick guards.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt agree more with this post. Where is the Summertown team that was putting up 70+ points? They are not playing their run and gun style of play anymore. We have VERY quick guards.

Is Bubba's ankle still bothering him maybe? Ii knew he sprained it at the Beech Tournament--could be why they are not runnig and gunning as much anymore.

Is Bubba's ankle still bothering him maybe? Ii knew he sprained it at the Beech Tournament--could be why they are not runnig and gunning as much anymore.

Hes still not 100% put he put up 29 points in the Collinwood game. Watching him play you cant tell that hes hurt. But Ive seen Trotter taping him up and it looks BAD.

I'm not sure who will win the Region. I've seen S'town play very good and very bad and I've seen WC play very good and very bad. I think that WC is as good as Perry County but they can't keep it together when the two teams play. On the other hand Loretto is as good as WC and probably S'town. Perry County only plays 6 players the entire game and I don't understand why S'town & WC don't just run the floor the entire game or at least the first half and wear PC down. I think S'town could do it more than WC.

The reason Stown and WC don't try to run and gun with PC is because Trotted and Willard aren't retarded. Any coach with common sense knows that this PC team is extremely athletic and would crush teams in a run and gun play style.

The reason Stown and WC don't try to run and gun with PC is because Trotted and Willard aren't retarded. Any coach with common sense knows that this PC team is extremely athletic and would crush teams in a run and gun play style.

Oh please--you only play six guys--If one of these two would try to run you in the dirt, it would be horrendous for you. You aren't deep enough to stay with a running team.

Oh please--you only play six guys--If one of these two would try to run you in the dirt, it would be horrendous for you. You aren't deep enough to stay with a running team.

Have you lost your mind? The only reason that Stown beat us this year is because they slowed the pace of the game. Trotter wouldn't even allow us to try in run in the second half because he knew we could come back if we did. We are not only 6 deep your crazy if thats what you think. We can go 8 deep easy.

12A is erratic, CA is reliable, and Mt. Pleasant is on fire and has the most athletic team. Anything can happen.

I agree with that--CA is reliable. Reliable enough to get beat by Summertown by DOUBLE DIGITS twice and MT Pleasant also lost by DOUBLE DIGITS to Summertown TWICE. If those are the best teams your district has to offer, 11A is in trouble.

I agree with that--CA is reliable. Reliable enough to get beat by Summertown by DOUBLE DIGITS twice and MT Pleasant also lost by DOUBLE DIGITS to Summertown TWICE. If those are the best teams your district has to offer, 11A is in trouble.

i didn't see the game, so i can't comment exactly...but the final scores were by like 10 points? (i think) and you keep making it sound like 10 points is huge, they could be up by like 2-4 with 2 minutes left, and foul shots will get you to 10 points...

while as, i know wayne county may be good...but i can't see how you give up 90 points in a high school game, let alone almost DOUBLED your score...

Edited by Monkey Wrench

It's kind of hard to talk about the regional tournament when we don't even know exactly who the teams will be, other than the automatic qualifers?

Doesn't 12A have two automatics? (Perry Co/Summertown)?? Where in 11A there is only one (CA)?? Is this an advantage in any way??

Some people can say its advantage because you can get that extra practice and rest in. But others will say its a disadvantage, because the best practice is playing.