Region 6A

Vandychris

Oh please--you only play six guys--If one of these two would try to run you in the dirt, it would be horrendous for you. You aren't deep enough to stay with a running team.

If that was the case, then two very talented coaches at Stown and Wayne Co would be doing it. When Summertown ran with PC, they got beat. When they slowed them down, PC loses by ten. Its hard to run on the likes of Mercer, Hill and Tucker. Not to say it can't be done, just not the strategy I would use.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was the case, then two very talented coaches at Stown and Wayne Co would be doing it. When Summertown ran with PC, they got beat. When they slowed them down, PC loses by ten. Its hard to run on the likes of Mercer, Hill and Tucker. Not to say it can't be done, just not the strategy I would use.

^^^Somebody that understands the game of Basketball^^^

The previous Stown/CA match-ups went as follows---first game CA was up around 10 at the half and Stown came storming back in the third and took a lead and continually built it the rest of the way. As for the second game it wasnt close from the opening tip as Stown controlled the game from start to finish--If not mistaken I think it was around 13-17 pts at the end. As for the 2 Mt Pleasant games, the first was wide open and did get extended to 10 at the end on free throws. The second was a blow out from start to finish, IMO. Another thing--someone wants to criticize Summertown from11A for giving up 90 in a high school game---you do realize your very own Mt Pleasant gave up 103 to that very same Summertown. Just saying. And you also criticize them for getting beat by 41 by Wayne Co yet they also beat that same Wayne County team by 34 and also beat Cwood by 50.

The previous Stown/CA match-ups went as follows---first game CA was up around 10 at the half and Stown came storming back in the third and took a lead and continually built it the rest of the way. As for the second game it wasnt close from the opening tip as Stown controlled the game from start to finish--If not mistaken I think it was around 13-17 pts at the end. As for the 2 Mt Pleasant games, the first was wide open and did get extended to 10 at the end on free throws. The second was a blow out from start to finish, IMO. Another thing--someone wants to criticize Summertown from11A for giving up 90 in a high school game---you do realize your very own Mt Pleasant gave up 103 to that very same Summertown. Just saying. And you also criticize them for getting beat by 41 by Wayne Co yet they also beat that same Wayne County team by 34 and also beat Cwood by 50.

Vandy you don't have to justify it. D11 knows D12 is better that's why they have nothing to say. :roflolk:

Not doubting your stats VANDYMAN but the 2nd MTP game was a 1 pt game at half 32-31 then STOWN did kill them the 2nd half. That is not start to finish! No doubt 12 is far better than 11; BUT with High school refs and neutral floor sometimes crazy things happen. Not predicting it but Refs can cause a team to loose. I say WC and PC will fight it out. WC wins it. Havent seen PC though.

I would have loved to have been at the MP/Summertown game you guys speak of that was 103-95 or whatever.

Summertown has been known to put up some numbers this season, especially early on. Tthey have hit for 103, 93, some games in the 80's----even against top 10 competition from AA (Spring Hill and Red Bank) have hit for good numbers. I know at Christmas in the Beech Tournament, B Clifton hurt his ankle and by all accounts it has been slow to heal. If he can get a good tape job and feel secure on it, anything can happen. They way he penetrates off the dribble, if he can keep his options open things can happen. I saw him one night where the defense didnt collapse at all and he hit for 29 but have also seen him fail to dish the ball off the collapse and end up fouling out, too. I wouldnt think it would be as much teh refs as it is the players seeing and doing what they should.