Baylor vs. McCallie

WhiskerBisquit88

Just because one does not like how things are going at their specific school, they should not have the right just to up and change without penalty. Man up and do things as stated where you are or wait your turn, then if that is not satisfactory then transfer and suffer the penalty of sitting out a year.

In regards to double elimination, it should have been that format from the beginning. All BIG tournaments are set up with this format and State is supposed to be a big tournament. It was not done in TN. Its all the same to me, but if the state really wanted to generate more money they would have had double elim all along.

Do not hold any wrestle backs until the next day and that way they are to generate more money for the area, parents having to stay another nite in hotel, meals and also tourny entry at the gate, plus concession at the gate. Would also make it easier on coaches that way all kids would still have a shot the next day and would therefore go to bed at required times and not into mischief.

Why should they not have the right to change if they do not agree? And why should there be a penalty?

And your answer is to "man up".

And then you answer the reference to double elimanation with, "it should have been in the format in the beginning".

I guess my answer that should be acceptable to you is this, tranfers should have no penalty and it should have been that way in the beginning, which it probably was before they install this policy.

Not a great argument and it has no intellectual qualities to the thought process, but what the heck, right? Enough said.

Why should they not have the right to change if they do not agree? And why should there be a penalty?

And your answer is to "man up".

And then you answer the reference to double elimanation with, "it should have been in the format in the beginning".

I guess my answer that should be acceptable to you is this, tranfers should have no penalty and it should have been that way in the beginning, which it probably was before they install this policy.

Not a great argument and it has no intellectual qualities to the thought process, but what the heck, right? Enough said.

I hate to reply to you, especially in this topic because it has absolutely nothing to do with what is going to happen at the school behind WalMart friday night but...

The whole point of the split between public and private in the TSSAA was to make it fair for everyone. If you argue against that then you have no business being on this forum. If a kid that switches from public to private has to sit out, then a kid that switches from private to private should have to sit out too, its that simple. No matter What Clements reason was, no matter your opinion on his decision, he knew the consequences and continued to do what he thought was best for him, and his career in high school athletics. Transfers should indeed have penalties if you want everything to be fair. If not almost every high school sport would be corrupt with recruiting, violations and money. No one wants to see money as an issue in high school sports, it's about the kids doing what they love because they love it. And if they want to do something they love at another school, they should know they will have to sit out. It's life, it's full of punishments, you can't go running around doing what you want freely and have nothing hold you back ever.

Anyway back to the match that all these kids have circled since November. At the Slam, Jake Anderson of McCallie decisioned Bullard of Baylor at 189 this weekend. In other match ups containing these two schools, Martino pinned bodine in less than a minute. Lets get some more predictions, if you want to talk about transfers, take it somewhere else.

I hate to reply to you, especially in this topic because it has absolutely nothing to do with what is going to happen at the school behind WalMart friday night but...

The whole point of the split between public and private in the TSSAA was to make it fair for everyone. If you argue against that then you have no business being on this forum. If a kid that switches from public to private has to sit out, then a kid that switches from private to private should have to sit out too, its that simple. No matter What Clements reason was, no matter your opinion on his decision, he knew the consequences and continued to do what he thought was best for him, and his career in high school athletics. Transfers should indeed have penalties if you want everything to be fair. If not almost every high school sport would be corrupt with recruiting, violations and money. No one wants to see money as an issue in high school sports, it's about the kids doing what they love because they love it. And if they want to do something they love at another school, they should know they will have to sit out. It's life, it's full of punishments, you can't go running around doing what you want freely and have nothing hold you back ever.

Anyway back to the match that all these kids have circled since November. At the Slam, Jake Anderson of McCallie decisioned Bullard of Baylor at 189 this weekend. In other match ups containing these two schools, Martino pinned bodine in less than a minute. Lets get some more predictions, if you want to talk about transfers, take it somewhere else.

So,,if I do not agree with the TSSAA and their version of fairness, then I do not belong on this forum? Wow....I do not belong then, since there are many things I do not agree with.

I do not think that any kid should have to sit out for changing schools, ever. No matter how "fair" you think that is or is not for a team. It is fair to the student experience in the short four years they may have to play their sport. "Fair" in this context is only about how a school may lose a performer or a coach may lose a player.

To say that life is full of punishment is funny. It should not be that way.

All the recruiting you are talking about is about adults, not students.

And lastly, I am not saying this kid or any other does not understand the rules and should not follow them, I am only saying that I find the rules too difficult on the student, when it is the adults that need to grow up. Let the students play their sports and coach them so they want to be on your team. If a student finds out he cannot start on a particular team, for what ever reason, let him go some where that he can, without "punishment" for wanting to participate.

I am just stating my opinion on schools "owning" students in regards to their athletics, based on kids clubs, districts or anything else.

The young man should have stayed at McCallie and been willing to compete for his spot so he didn't have to sit for a year.....he made his bed.

The old man should not express an opinion on something that is none of his business. I can assure you that the young man is quite happy with his bed.

Edited by mtnrasslin

I assume the TSSAA rule covering transfers from private schools is to discourage "poaching". The NCAA has a similar rule covering both public and private schools.

The reason for the NCAA rule is that there are letters of intent signed by both schools and athletes and there is usually financial consideration (scholarships) for these commitments. There is no financial consideration, at least from the school to the athlete, in this situation.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Rumor has it that Ward is bumping up to get a piece of Mcneilly at 135 to take away the possible 219 wins record. Alex Kent, therefore, will be dropping to 130 to get a load of Sticks Reece.

This is the second time I have seen you post something that blatantly isn't possible regarding this dual meet. The first was when you mentioned Nelson Pinkstaff wrestling... Pinkstaff is not at either school involved per my information and he certainly hasn't been certified at either school. It is my understanding that Pinkstaff is currently in Knoxville.

In this case it might be possible for Ward to bump up to wrestle Manley at 135, however Alex Kent would not be moving down to 130 to fill that hole. Alex Kent is certified for 135 and can not wrestle at 130.

Seems to me that someone is either getting some very unreliable information or is posting outlandish things for some unknown reason (perhaps to distract from what may truly occur).

• Upvote 1

This is the second time I have seen you post something that blatantly isn't possible regarding this dual meet. The first was when you mentioned Nelson Pinkstaff wrestling... Pinkstaff is not at either school involved per my information and he certainly hasn't been certified at either school. It is my understanding that Pinkstaff is currently in Knoxville.

In this case it might be possible for Ward to bump up to wrestle Manley at 135, however Alex Kent would not be moving down to 130 to fill that hole. Alex Kent is certified for 135 and can not wrestle at 130.

Seems to me that someone is either getting some very unreliable information or is posting outlandish things for some unknown reason (perhaps to distract from what may truly occur).

For some unknown reason G house wants to always get his two cents in on everything going on.(wrestling god is a close 2nd) g house why dont you focus your attention on fixing USA wrestling in the state of Tn and stay off here all the time.Its a joke and one of the worst states in the nation; yet you have all the answers for everything on Coach T.

For some unknown reason G house wants to always get his two cents in on everything going on.(wrestling god is a close 2nd) g house why dont you focus your attention on fixing USA wrestling in the state of Tn and stay off here all the time.Its a joke and one of the worst states in the nation; yet you have all the answers for everything on Coach T.

What? He is not allowed to state facts?

sounds like you had Chicago + 3.

Please don't ever speak to Sir Ghouse in this manner again, it does not become you.

bcb iii :flower:

Back to the wrestling match - it should be a really, really exciting match and I look forward to attending and being a spectator. I'll root for the kids in blue and appreciate the effort of both wrestlers in every match.

Personally, I think McCallie is better in multiple-team matches and Baylor is better in head-to-head ones. But then, what do I know?