True No. 1 Team

2blLeg

Bradley has always been the best. We all hate to admit it, but we know they are. Some may occasionaly come close to beating them. And once every few years, someone may come along with a win...but there is no one with a history like those Bears. The truth is the truth. I have learned that you give respect where it is due. And the Bears ARE the best. They have been for many many years.

Then why won't they wrestle Baylor?????

Then why won't they wrestle Baylor?????

I don't know, but Baylor would surely offer most of those boy scholarships if they would go. The truth is that if you want to be the best at wrestling, you live in cleveland and go to bradley. We all know it. I don't have kids at bradley! It is true! I am not hating on the best!

I don't know, but Baylor would surely offer most of those boy scholarships if they would go. The truth is that if you want to be the best at wrestling, you live in cleveland and go to bradley. We all know it. I don't have kids at bradley! It is true! I am not hating on the best!

I have been around for years. I have watched the Bradley Coaches. They crank out state championships like it's no effort at all. There strategies evidently work. So you can ask that all day long. I don't think they care to please me, you, or the fans about if they are better than baylor. They are worried about the state championship at the end of the year. What they do works. They have the best coaching staff and the best wrestlers. They start training at as early as 5 years old and competing. Baylor comes along and picks off the best talent they can recruit. So who cares. Bradley deserves more respect than baylor could ever imagine. Just give credit where it is due!

Edited by etnfan

True statements, Bradley has done an excellent job and been a joy to watch. But that reign will end this year. Soddy and Cleveland are loaded with more studs coming in middle school and their feeder programs. The best middle school kids are Soddy and Cleveland with nobody else even close. The best feeder program is Baylors for the last few years with Soddy right behind. Bradley will still be good but might be third for the next 4-5 years .

I have been around for years. I have watched the Bradley Coaches. They crank out state championships like it's no effort at all. There strategies evidently work. So you can ask that all day long. I don't think they care to please me, you, or the fans about if they are better than baylor. They are worried about the state championship at the end of the year. What they do works. They have the best coaching staff and the best wrestlers. They start training at as early as 5 years old and competing. Baylor comes along and picks off the best talent they can recruit. So who cares. Bradley deserves more respect than baylor could ever imagine. Just give credit where it is due!

I do not understand why Bradley deserves more respect than Baylor could ever imagine. They are either better or they are not. I guess we will never know since they won't wrestle.

Also, you need to explain to me how Baylor can recruit the best wrestlers with the wonderful opportunity to pay tuition vs. a free government education. There must be more to the story.

Edited by mtnrasslin

True statements, Bradley has done an excellent job and been a joy to watch. But that reign will end this year. Soddy and Cleveland are loaded with more studs coming in middle school and their feeder programs. The best middle school kids are Soddy and Cleveland with nobody else even close. The best feeder program is Baylors for the last few years with Soddy right behind. Bradley will still be good but might be third for the next 4-5 years .

I dont think Soddy will be the competition. They thought they were winning this hands down because Bradley had one weak moment earlier in the year. Bradley's loss to Soddy in the last weight match up was a freak episode, and Soddy let it go to their heads. We all knew that there were a few upsets that were not going to happen a second time. Soddy did well against Bradley ealrier in the year, but we all analyzed the win incorrectly. The state Championship tonight showed that Soddy isn't even in the same category as Bradley. Cleveland would have been a tougher match up. But because Cleveland was third in the region, they didn't even advance. Cleveland is the competition for Bradley next year, you are right about that.

Here is the truth of it all! Cleveland is always a threat to Bradley because of the years of rivalry in every sport. They lack somewhat in talent when it comes to wrestling compared to Bradley, but the fight is always a good one lately. Cleveland only loses two or three seniors where Bradley loses eight or so. Does this mean Bradley will be weak. Heck no! Bradley's second strings are as good as most first stringers. Never count Bradley out as a serious contender-that is a fatal mistake for any team. I do say that competition is getting tougher for Bradley. Dont throw your chips against Bradley yet for next year. We have been betting on those odds for years, and it hasn't really panned out yet!

Edited by etnfan

I do not understand why Bradley deserves more respect than Baylor could ever imagine. They are either better or they are not. I guess we will never know since they won't wrestle.

Also, you need to explain to me how Baylor can recruit the best wrestlers with the wonderful opportunity to pay tuition vs. a free government education. There must be more to the story.

Well, I won't insult your intelligence or mine by trying to even respond to that one! We all know how schools like Baylor works with recruiting athletes,

Well, I won't insult your intelligence or mine by trying to even respond to that one! We all know how schools like Baylor works with recruiting athletes,

Obviously I am lacking in intelligence so I won't be insulted. Are Baylor's athletic teams filled with kids on full rides?

You also did not explain why Bradley deserves more respect than Baylor could ever imagine.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Obviously I am lacking in intelligence so I won't be insulted. Are Baylor's athletic teams filled with kids on full rides?

You also did not explain why Bradley deserves more respect than Baylor could ever imagine.

First off, I will apologize. I stated that in a way that was disrespectful unintentionally.

I am certain that their are some kids wrestling that aren't on full rides. However, I am ceratin that there are kids who are definitely on full rides. And I am sure that there are people who aren't necessarily on scholarships- but someone just happens to pay their tuition. It is the nasty truth of private schools. It will always exist.

Secondly, I will grant the kids all the respect they deserve no matter what school they go to. But as far as schools go, even Baylor can't stand to the history of Bradley's wrestling history. Seven Championships doesn't even compare to the twenty or twenty one that Bradley has. When you look at the amount of student & athletes that AAA Division schools represent vs. the amount of kids that the private schools represent, yes a bit more respect is due to those boys of Div AAA. As far as a true match up, we didn't get to see Baylor vs. Bradley. Who was willing or not willing to match up against eachother earlier in the season, I can't tell you. People can claim what they want. All I can say is Bradley won the state championship with ease tonight, Baylor struggled for their win. It was asked who was the best and I feel Bradley is the best.

Baylor barely pulled off a win against Soddy on January 4th. Sure Bradley struggled against Soddy once earlier in an upset, but they proved tonight that Soddy is not really competition for them. Bradley won a state title 44-15.

Edited by etnfan

OK both school are great. But in this WHAT IF WORLD since they will not wrestle each other.

WHAT IF Baylor had to grow half their team from early age ? And Bradley could

recruit half ??What then on the what if ?

Or Baylor had to grow the entire team ? Or Bradley could recruit ?

How good would Bradley be then ?? Think about it.

Just sayin

OK both school are great. But in this WHAT IF WORLD since they will not wrestle each other.

WHAT IF Baylor had to grow half their team from early age ? And Bradley could

recruit half ??What then on the what if ?

Or Baylor had to grow the entire team ? Or Bradley could recruit ?

How good would Bradley be then ?? Think about it.

Just sayin

Then Bradley would probably recruit some of Baylor's kids after Baylor trained them for years...that's what I think. Some schools really develop great athletes..some recruit them.

(And occasionally, some athletes just hang around to play for the best which is what I think happens with Bradley wrestling. Sometimes, not often-but sometimes, you see a program with such a success record that even a "free education government school" has such a respected program that people dream about being a part of it for years.)

Edited by etnfan

And look at that Benson kid from Bradley. He is a junior who just started wrestling last year. Ranked number one this year already. You can't deny that Bradley coaches have something special that other schools dream of. So whether it is training for years or developed quickly, Bradley produces.

But I am with you! I would love to see Bradley and Baylor meet up against each other on the mat. The one thing we can probably both agree on is that East Tn kicks tail when it comes to wrestling. The rest of the state can only watch as Cleveland, Soddy, Baylor, Bradley, and a couple other East TN teams step in.