True No. 1 Team

2blLeg

Peck does an extraordinary job developing the first timers into medalists and a well balanced dual squad as you will likely see this week. Again, no real "designated" feeder to build on. Before you comment, go ask the Ravens themselves.

Sunset is one of two Ravenwood designated feeder schools (Woodland is the other), and just finished their fourth year with a Williamson County tournament championship. They had 7 champions this year who Coach Peck hopes to see in Raptor singlets for the next four years. Actually, Ravenwood starters this year from 103 to 130 are all from Sunset. You are correct that Coach Peck is a great coach, but he does have designated feeder schools. Did you check with the Ravens before your post?

Peck does an extraordinary job developing the first timers into medalists and a well balanced dual squad as you will likely see this week. Again, no real "designated" feeder to build on. Before you comment, go ask the Ravens themselves.

Sunset is one of two Ravenwood designated feeder schools (Woodland is the other), and just finished their fourth year with a Williamson County tournament championship. They had 7 champions this year who Coach Peck hopes to see in Raptor singlets for the next four years. Actually, Ravenwood starters this year from 103 to 130 are all from Sunset. You are correct that Coach Peck is a great coach, but he does have designated feeder schools. Did you check with the Ravens before your post?

Yes, lacoach! Good question & earlier today I went down the lineup with Ravenwood coaches and confirmed what you seem to be disputing. Not my first discussion/audit!?!? Still fantastic dual finish!!!! ....With a handful from the farm league!

oh, wrestling god, 90 says hi! Don't be shy! Also said it's high time for ynotme to stop throwing chairs, come out too! :unsure: BTW... she does know!

Great job PapaBear! Individuals should be interesting in a couple of weeks! You guys sure made it interesting tonight!

Oh, I got Another shirt, but Texas23 was not there to receive it... :mellow: Maybe in two weeks!?!?

Only thing I have to add is that Ravenwood's mascot is the Raptors, not the Ravens. The 8th graders at Woodland voted on it the year before Ravenwood opened and they picked Raptors over Ravens and Mustangs (your guess is as good as mine for why mustangs was there, doesn't make sense for RHS. Plus David Lipscomb is the Mustangs, but that's another point.).

But good showing by RHS at the duals. Next stop is the Individuals for every team.

First off, I will apologize. I stated that in a way that was disrespectful unintentionally.

I am certain that their are some kids wrestling that aren't on full rides. However, I am ceratin that there are kids who are definitely on full rides. And I am sure that there are people who aren't necessarily on scholarships- but someone just happens to pay their tuition. It is the nasty truth of private schools. It will always exist.

Secondly, I will grant the kids all the respect they deserve no matter what school they go to. But as far as schools go, even Baylor can't stand to the history of Bradley's wrestling history. Seven Championships doesn't even compare to the twenty or twenty one that Bradley has. When you look at the amount of student & athletes that AAA Division schools represent vs. the amount of kids that the private schools represent, yes a bit more respect is due to those boys of Div AAA. As far as a true match up, we didn't get to see Baylor vs. Bradley. Who was willing or not willing to match up against eachother earlier in the season, I can't tell you. People can claim what they want. All I can say is Bradley won the state championship with ease tonight, Baylor struggled for their win. It was asked who was the best and I feel Bradley is the best.

Baylor barely pulled off a win against Soddy on January 4th. Sure Bradley struggled against Soddy once earlier in an upset, but they proved tonight that Soddy is not really competition for them. Bradley won a state title 44-15.

First, everyone at Bradley is on a full ride.

Secondly, your record keeping is a little sloppy. As best I can tell, Bradley has 22 team and duals championships and Baylor has 20. For some reason you chose to count Bradley's traditional state championships and not Baylor's. Also, in the numerous years that Baylor was not allowed to wrestle in the state tournament, they won many Mid-South championships as well as a National Prep Championship, all of which are arguably more impressive than a Tennessee state championship. Baylor's wrestling history certainly does not take a back seat to Bradley's. Oh, and you know good and well who is not willing to allow a Bradley/Baylor match and they do not wear red.

Edited by mtnrasslin

I have been around for years. I have watched the Bradley Coaches. They crank out state championships like it's no effort at all. There strategies evidently work. So you can ask that all day long. I don't think they care to please me, you, or the fans about if they are better than baylor. They are worried about the state championship at the end of the year. What they do works. They have the best coaching staff and the best wrestlers. They start training at as early as 5 years old and competing. Baylor comes along and picks off the best talent they can recruit. So who cares. Bradley deserves more respect than baylor could ever imagine. Just give credit where it is due!

I agree with everything you said. Bradley is by far the best PROGRAM in Tennessee. They build individual state champions and state team championships the way it should be done...from the ground up with incredibly hard work and preparation. And their fans are loyal like they should be. Theirs is a formula that has worked across the nation forever. Those who hate them should take a page or two from Bradley's book and look within their own program instead of second guessing their "ranking".

I agree with everything you said. Bradley is by far the best PROGRAM in Tennessee. They build individual state champions and state team championships the way it should be done...from the ground up with incredibly hard work and preparation. And their fans are loyal like they should be. Theirs is a formula that has worked across the nation forever. Those who hate them should take a page or two from Bradley's book and look within their own program instead of second guessing their "ranking".

i understand that the chatt town teams have a great program but they have been around as long as dirt but when u look at the schools that have only been around less that 10 years i would have to say they r charging up the mountain at a fast speed and believe they will close the gap as the years go by as far as Baylor taking kids from BC that goes on in all areas and states just like in the public schools deal with all the rezoning but as i tell my sons wrestling has along way to go in Tennessee to catch up with the big boy states ex -look how long it took to get double elimination at the state tournament point being change is slow in Tennessee so not to burst anyones bubble but i dont know any team that can hold a candle to St Edwards- Blair Academy etc so enjoy our small victory's but I hope Tennessee wrestling can bond more to reach bigger goals and i know some coaches and others r working to see that happen in all ares of the state keep up the good work and thank you

Yes, lacoach! Good question & earlier today I went down the lineup with Ravenwood coaches and confirmed what you seem to be disputing. Not my first discussion/audit!?!? Still fantastic dual finish!!!! ....With a handful from the farm league!

oh, wrestling god, 90 says hi! Don't be shy! Also said it's high time for ynotme to stop throwing chairs, come out too! :unsure: BTW... she does know!

Great job PapaBear! Individuals should be interesting in a couple of weeks! You guys sure made it interesting tonight!

Oh, I got Another shirt, but Texas23 was not there to receive it... :mellow: Maybe in two weeks!?!?

Still hate you sommers....do not approach me ever.

How many championships did Bradley win before the split?

I believe that would be two.

I think the topic needs some help:

True No. 1 Team*

* fill in the asterisk with any qualifier you want such as "True No. 1 Team that won't wrestle teams that might beat it consistently" or "True No. 1 Team that gives financial aid"

i understand that the chatt town teams have a great program but they have been around as long as dirt but when u look at the schools that have only been around less that 10 years i would have to say they r charging up the mountain at a fast speed and believe they will close the gap as the years go by as far as Baylor taking kids from BC that goes on in all areas and states just like in the public schools deal with all the rezoning but as i tell my sons wrestling has along way to go in Tennessee to catch up with the big boy states ex -look how long it took to get double elimination at the state tournament point being change is slow in Tennessee so not to burst anyones bubble but i dont know any team that can hold a candle to St Edwards- Blair Academy etc so enjoy our small victory's but I hope Tennessee wrestling can bond more to reach bigger goals and i know some coaches and others r working to see that happen in all ares of the state keep up the good work and thank you

It is kind of hard to compete against Blair academy when their team makeup is from all over the US. Check out their current roster. And be real about how these teams are put together.

Athlete Roster

The following athletes comprise the 2010-2011 Blair Academy Wrestling Team. Click on an individual's name to jump to their full profile, or scroll down.

High School Team

Abram Ayala , 11, Plantation, FL

Brooks Black, 10, Dover, PA

Stephen Broadbent, 10

William Cooley, 9, Branchburg, NJ

Patrick Coover, 9, Carlisle, PA

Shannon Davis, 9, Blairstown, NJ

Mike Deehan, 10, Long Valley, NJ

Walker Dempsey, 9, Greenwich, CT

Nicholas DiNapoli, 9, Washington, NJ

Melissa Evans,

David Farr, 11, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY

Harrison Gardner, 10, Pompton Plains, NJ

Mark Grey, 11, Rockaway, NJ

Max Hvolbek, 11, West Hills, CA

Kyle Jacksic, 9, Hardwick, NJ

Holt Johnson, 12, Durham, NC

Paul Klee, 9, Rohnert Park, CA

Addison Knepshield, 10, Ford City, PA

Joey McKenna, 9, Pine Brook, NJ

Dylan Milonas, 9, Jefferson, NJ

Ian Mindham, 12, Red Bank, NJ

Michael Mocco, 11, Bernardsville, NJ

Marino Orlandi, 12, Flemington, NJ

Austin Ormsbee, 12, Andover, NJ

Russell Parsons, 10, Clinton, NJ

Todd Preston, 11

Caleb Richardson, 12, Virginia Beach, VA

Alexander Rinaldi, 9, Columbia, NJ

Evan Silver, 12, Chevy Chase, MD

Mark Stillerman, 11, Minot, ND

Kyle Taylor, 12, Upper Black Eddy, PA

Jack Wedholm, 10, Blairstown, NJ

John Welch, 10, Atlanta, GA

Willie Wilson, 11, Pemberton, NJ

I suspect that St. Edwards is something similar.

It is kind of hard to compete against Blair academy when their team makeup is from all over the US. Check out their current roster. And be real about how these teams are put together.

Athlete Roster

The following athletes comprise the 2010-2011 Blair Academy Wrestling Team. Click on an individual's name to jump to their full profile, or scroll down.

High School Team

Stephen Broadbent, 10

Melissa Evans,

Todd Preston, 11

St. Edwards is not a boarding school and is nothing like Blair Academy! Most if not all of the student/athletes @ St. Edwards live in or around the Cleveland, OH area. If you are into digging you may want to look @ both Apple Valley & Brandon which are public schools. It's seems strange that they have so many great wrestlers (state champions & national place winners) move into their school zone each year.

Edited by cbg

St. Edwards is not a boarding school and is nothing like Blair Academy! Most if not all of the student/athletes @ St. Edwards live in or around the Cleveland, OH area. If you are into digging you may want to look @ both Apple Valley & Brandon which are public schools. It's seems strange that they have so many great wrestlers (state champions & national place winners) move into their school zone each year.

Speaking of which, I heard it thru the grapevine that " you're a hooker" will be a fish eater next year.

bcb iii :flower:

Athlete Roster

High School Team

Stephen Broadbent, 10

Melissa Evans,

Todd Preston, 11

so from what I read on earlier post is Baylor recruits all BC kids and others so what you r telling me is they don't recruit the best and that was just one example there r many other school we could look at i'm just stating tenn wrestling has work to do and again I know many are trying to change things here but again tenn is slow to change they like to hold on to the past and thanks to all who r trying to make wrestling here stronger and maybe in the next 20 years they will have a true state division instead of d1 - d2 and while d2 recruits d1 will move all d1 state champs to one public school for a dream team (that's a joke) but if your kid wanted to wrestle for a public team his parents have that option to live in that area