District 10 A-AA

flip

I am curious about the district this year. I thought CA lost their leading scorer? I'm not as familiar with teams from the West so a report on teams from that side of the district would be good.

For the East, a new teams joins the ranks this year. Westmorland. So there will now be 7 teams on this side of the bracket. I believe Merrol Hyde will return most of there starters. They won this side last year and will be the favorite again. White House Heritage who has controlled the district for so many years has really started to lose their base. Several good players remain but they have a new coach so you never know what that will do. They also have a new school and the district line were redrawn so that may bring in some new players. Just have to wait and see. Macon County will play tough but may lack depth. Greenbrier is always a wild card. They will play hard but not sure how many players they lost from last years team. East Robertson is a team that continues to struggle. They are slowly improving but they too struggle with depth. Westmoreland will struggle being this is the first year with a varsity team. White House High School could be better than last year. They return most of their players and have a good group of travel players. It will depend on the leadership and unity. The coach will have them in shape that's for sure. So, I see the East coming down between MH and White House High School for the first place spot going into the district tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious about the district this year. I thought CA lost their leading scorer? I'm not as familiar with teams from the West so a report on teams from that side of the district would be good.

For the East, a new teams joins the ranks this year. Westmorland. So there will now be 7 teams on this side of the bracket. I believe Merrol Hyde will return most of there starters. They won this side last year and will be the favorite again. White House Heritage who has controlled the district for so many years has really started to lose their base. Several good players remain but they have a new coach so you never know what that will do. They also have a new school and the district line were redrawn so that may bring in some new players. Just have to wait and see. Macon County will play tough but may lack depth. Greenbrier is always a wild card. They will play hard but not sure how many players they lost from last years team. East Robertson is a team that continues to struggle. They are slowly improving but they too struggle with depth. Westmoreland will struggle being this is the first year with a varsity team. White House High School could be better than last year. They return most of their players and have a good group of travel players. It will depend on the leadership and unity. The coach will have them in shape that's for sure. So, I see the East coming down between MH and White House High School for the first place spot going into the district tournament.

I agree with you about everything in this post. I know that Greenbrier returns there whole offense but lost there entire defense, depends on how they fill the spots on how good they will be this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious about Clarksville Academy. They did graduate their best scorer. I had heard their coach was gone. Any news on that?

Tyler Marshall is gone. But there were a lot of decent players on that team last year who provided all of those opportunities for him. And Coach Sonnabend is still there. There tend to be a lot of rumors that fly around that program but nothing has changed.

A few more things to point out about the district...Sycamore does have a new coach. Dave Donahue. They've been a middle-of-the-road program for a few years and now have the leadership of the coach with the most wins in Tennessee state history (I think). This is a guy that terrorized the midstate with a disciplined Clarksville High team for years. Maybe he can turn the War Eagles into a competitor again. Second, Westmoreland high school has started a program and there are now 14 total teams in the district (split into 2 seven team divisions.) I just hope all of the other teams in Westmoreland's division know they're here this season...started putting together a district schedule for my own use and couldn't find games for a couple teams scheduled against the new team.