District 10 A-AA

flip

Montgomery Central all the way of course. Shock and awe baby...shock and awe.

I have my ideas, but I'll keep those to myself. Not really in the position to vocalize my predictions. However, I will say this...to me, soccer is the only sport where one team can dominate an entire game and still come up short. With so many teams, the top half of each division could produce the winner, if the dominoes fall their way. But then again, East Robertson has proven that they're no slouch and they're close to the bottom. We shall see...

Edited by mchsgoal21

Montgomery Central all the way of course. Shock and awe baby...shock and awe.

I have my ideas, but I'll keep those to myself. Not really in the position to vocalize my predictions. However, I will say this...to me, soccer is the only sport where one team can dominate an entire game and still come up short. With so many teams, the top half of each division could produce the winner, if the dominoes fall their way. But then again, East Robertson has proven that they're no slouch and they're close to the bottom. We shall see...

Haha... That's what the boards are for you say, banter and opinions. Come on MCHSGoal, you must be able to offer a prediction. I personally see an All West Final if the #1W seed manages to handle the physicality of Greenbrier in a probable semi final. For me the wild card has to be Heritage. Rumors of their demise are somewhat premature and they haven't lost a district contest yet, just tied a lot...

Come on.... :)

Big result tonight...Harpeth loses to Cheatham 4-3. Cheatham still has to play Montgomery Central on Saturday. Clarksville Academy plays Harpeth on Sunday?? Nothing is decided yet. Could have a 3-way tie for first.

Montgomery Central wins tonight 3-2. Could be a 3 way tie for fourth if Sycamore beat Creekwood. Once I get some more results, I'll update the standings and post potential scenarios.

Sycamore/Creekwood score??

WH-Heritage/Westmoreland score?? (I think they played tonight.)

Clarksville Academy gets the number 1 seed in the west because of the Cheatham 4-3 win over Harpeth, even if they win or lose to Harpeth because of goal differential.

Well I initially thought this too until I pulled the District By-Laws out and here's the scenario...

If Cheatham beats MC and Harpeth beats CA all three teams will be 5-1-0 in the Division. You then go to the 3-team tiebreaker which is...

1. Record against other two opponents: All 3 would be 1-1.

2. Most Shutouts: Cheatham only has 1. Harpeth and CA now have 2. (These totals could change after the weekend)

Cheatham would be the 3 seed and we go back to 2 team tiebreaker for Harpeth and CA. The first is Head to Head which Harpeth would have making them 1 and CA 2.

Thus CA needs to win or tie to ensure a #1 seed. Goal differential does only plays a factor as the second 2 team tiebreaker.

Big result tonight...Harpeth loses to Cheatham 4-3. Cheatham still has to play Montgomery Central on Saturday. Clarksville Academy plays Harpeth on Sunday?? Nothing is decided yet. Could have a 3-way tie for first.

Montgomery Central wins tonight 3-2. Could be a 3 way tie for fourth if Sycamore beat Creekwood. Once I get some more results, I'll update the standings and post potential scenarios.

Sycamore/Creekwood score??

WH-Heritage/Westmoreland score?? (I think they played tonight.)

White House Heritage won 6-0. I believe that Sycamore won 2-0.

So the East side is set ...right?

1. White House

2. Greenbrier

3. White House Heritage

4. Merrol Hyde

5. Macon County

6. Westmoreland

7. East Robertson

What happens if Cheatham beats MC and Harpeth loses to CA on Sunday? How will the standing look?

White House Heritage won 6-0. I believe that Sycamore won 2-0.

So the East side is set ...right?

1. White House

2. Greenbrier

3. White House Heritage

4. Merrol Hyde

5. Macon County

6. Westmoreland

7. East Robertson

What happens if Cheatham beats MC and Harpeth loses to CA on Sunday? How will the standing look?

East Robertson and White House are scheduled to play tonight but the only change that could bring would be ER moving up to 6th place. Either way, they are in the play-in game next Saturday.

Don't take this as the gospel but, if Cheatham wins and Harpeth loses...

1. CA

2. Cheatham

3. Harpeth

4. Sycamore

5. Montgomery Central

6. Waverly

7. Creekwood

Seeds 4-6 would all be 2-4-0 in the division. They were all 1-1 against each other, so you go to the second tiebreaker. Sycamore would have 2 shutouts making them the 4 seed.

The MC/Waverly tie would be solved with head-to-head giving them 5 and 6 respectively.

East Robertson and White House are scheduled to play tonight but the only change that could bring would be ER moving up to 6th place. Either way, they are in the play-in game next Saturday.

Don't take this as the gospel but, if Cheatham wins and Harpeth loses...

1. CA

2. Cheatham

3. Harpeth

4. Sycamore

5. Montgomery Central

6. Waverly

7. Creekwood

Seeds 4-6 would all be 2-4-0 in the division. They were all 1-1 against each other, so you go to the second tiebreaker. Sycamore would have 2 shutouts making them the 4 seed.

The MC/Waverly tie would be solved with head-to-head giving them 5 and 6 respectively.

Thanks for the update. Very important games left to play on the West side.

I have only seen Creekwood from the West side. How good is CA, Harpeth and Cheatham?

Is the district tournament still played at the "higher seed" until you get to the Semi-Finals? Then a set location?

I looked on the TSSAA website and it show that White House is the host. However they have the dates as May 6th - 12th. So, how will it really work?

White House beats East Robertson 6-1. The East is set.

1. White House

2. Greenbrier

3. WH-Heritage

4. Merrol Hyde

5. Macon Co.

6. Westmoreland

7. East Robertson

Montgomery Central ties Cheatham County 3-3. The top of the West is still up for grabs. Current standings with one game to go...

1. Clarksville Academy

2. Cheatham County

3. Harpeth

4. Montgomery Central

5. Waverly

6. Sycamore

7. Creekwood

With the MC/Cheatham result today, any 3-way ties are eliminated so we don't have to worry about that. Scenarios with the CA/Harpeth game tomorrow night...

CA Win/Tie: Standings remain the same.

Harpeth Wins: Harpeth is #1. CA is #2. Cheatham is #3.

CA gives up home field advantage and then destroys Harpeth 4:0 in a fantastic game tonight. Harpeth dominated the early mins with CA playing a deep counter attacking game. Two goals on the break gave CA a half time lead. Second half was dominated by the Academy as the absorbed all Harpeth had to offer before striking twice more on the break. CA used ruthless, some would say cynical man marking on the two Harpeth studs (#14 and #17) and dominated the middle of the field throughout the second half.

In all it showcased probably the best two 'pure' teams in the District, both playing hard competitive soccer and leaving it all on the field. Congrats to both programs for a fantastic season and good luck in the post season.

CA closes the regular season 6 and 0 in district, the only perfect team. They in addition beat Greenbrier and end the season with a 8:2 record.

MCHS Goal... Any chance of a tournament matrix?

CA gives up home field advantage and then destroys Harpeth 4:0 in a fantastic game tonight. Harpeth dominated the early mins with CA playing a deep counter attacking game. Two goals on the break gave CA a half time lead. Second half was dominated by the Academy as the absorbed all Harpeth had to offer before striking twice more on the break. CA used ruthless, some would say cynical man marking on the two Harpeth studs (#14 and #17) and dominated the middle of the field throughout the second half.

In all it showcased probably the best two 'pure' teams in the District, both playing hard competitive soccer and leaving it all on the field. Congrats to both programs for a fantastic season and good luck in the post season.

CA closes the regular season 6 and 0 in district, the only perfect team. They in addition beat Greenbrier and end the season with a 8:2 record.

MCHS Goal... Any chance of a tournament matrix?

This is a link to MCHSGoal's spreadsheet. Put Cheatham as W2 and Harpeth as W3.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AgXrnS2r-SqQdFBoWjhkTE1scmppLTVVaDZEX2g5Nnc&output=html

Question: Will the district championship game be on Saturday the 14th?