District 10 A-AA

flip

The coaches had a morning meeting to iron out all of the details of the tournament. There may also be some discussion on changing the tournament format and a few of the by-laws. The link that MattL posted (Thanks!!) will take you to the final standings and the tournament matrix. This is who will play who as long as nothing changes at the meeting. The only thing I'm unsure about are the dates. In the past, it has followed the same format. Play-in games on Saturday. First two rounds on Monday and Tuesday at higher seeds. Semis and Finals at host site (White House this year) on Thursday and Friday.

Once I get all the info from the meeting, I'll try to post games and times for anybody who wants to go and check out who they may be playing.

5/7 First Round

W7 Creek Wood @ W6 Sycamore 1:00

E6 Westmoreland @ E7 East Robertson 11:00

5/9 Second Round

E5 Macon Co. @ W4 Montgomery Cent. 6:00

W7/W6 @ E3 WH-Heritage 5:00

W5 Waverly @ E4 Merrol Hyde 7:30

E6/E7 @ W3 Harpeth 6:00

5/10 Quarterfinals

E5/W4 @ E1 White House 7:00

W7/W6/E3 @ W2 Cheatham Co. 6:30

W5/E4 @ W1 Clarksville Aca. 7:00

E6/E7/W3 @ E2 Greenbrier 7:00

5/12 Semifinals @ White House

TBA 5:00

TBA 7:00

5/13 Finals @ White House

The CA quarter final is now going to be on the soccer field at the complex at 5:30, not 7:00 on the football field as originally posted.

Now there has been some clarity in the standings, are there any surprises? White House seem to be going around their business quietly and efficiently. I saw that Harpeth bounced back fro the CA defeat with a 4:1 away win at Greenbrier on Monday. Are GB for real or did they flatter to deceive at the beginning of the season? Chartism have shocked a few people by taking second in the West, but IMHO they arent close to as good a team as Harpeth or CA.

CA has been devestated by injuries since the Harpeth game, and look like they will be playing the tournament without 4 of the usual starters :( There is still enough talent on that squad to hurt some teams though.

That all said let's start making some predictions.

I personally see the four semi finalists being White House, WHHeritage, Harpeth and CA. Cheatham and Greenbrier remain outside shots.

Your thoughts?

The CA quarter final is now going to be on the soccer field at the complex at 5:30, not 7:00 on the football field as originally posted.

Now there has been some clarity in the standings, are there any surprises? White House seem to be going around their business quietly and efficiently. I saw that Harpeth bounced back fro the CA defeat with a 4:1 away win at Greenbrier on Monday. Are GB for real or did they flatter to deceive at the beginning of the season? Chartism have shocked a few people by taking second in the West, but IMHO they arent close to as good a team as Harpeth or CA.

CA has been devestated by injuries since the Harpeth game, and look like they will be playing the tournament without 4 of the usual starters :( There is still enough talent on that squad to hurt some teams though.

That all said let's start making some predictions.

I personally see the four semi finalists being White House, WHHeritage, Harpeth and CA. Cheatham and Greenbrier remain outside shots.

Your thoughts?

I'm almost certain that this was the only game in the mid-state played on Monday because of the rain and flooded fields. In my mind this game proved nothing the players on both sides couldn't pass the ball through the puddles led-alone dribble through them. :o Greenbrier seemed like they weren't even trying, I expect them to come out more focused in their quarterfinal.

5/7 First Round

W7 Creek Wood 0 W6 Sycamore 1

E6 Westmoreland 2 E7 East Robertson 6

5/9 Second Round

E5 Macon Co. @ W4 Montgomery Cent. 6:00

W6 Sycamore @ E3 WH-Heritage 5:00

W5 Waverly @ E4 Merrol Hyde 7:30

E7 East Robertson @ W3 Harpeth 6:00

5/10 Quarterfinals

E5/W4 @ E1 White House 7:00

W7/W6/E3 @ W2 Cheatham Co. 6:30

W5/E4 @ W1 Clarksville Aca. 5:30

E6/E7/W3 @ E2 Greenbrier 7:00

5/12 Semifinals @ White House

TBA 5:00

5/13 Finals @ White House

I'm calling it, East Robertson over Harpeth. :D I think in their game yesterday they proved they can put the ball in the back of the net!

Scores from tonight

Montgomery Central 2 Macon Co 3

Harpeth 1 E Rob 0

Heritage 7 Sycamore 0

Merrol Hyde 2 Waverly 0

So quarters should be

Macon @ White House

Heritage @ Cheatham

Merrol Hyde @ Clarksville Academy

Harpeth @ Greenbrier