4/5

White House @ Merrol Hyde

Sycamore @ Harpeth

Clarksville Academy @ Greenbrier

4/7

MCHS @ Creek Wood

Harpeth @ Waverly

WH-Heritage @ Macon County

This may help too. I keep this updated to make it easier at the end of the regular season.

2011 District 10 A/AA

Edited by mchsgoal21

Whoa...just got back from the Greenbrier vs. Clarksville Academy and i must say it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. In fact it was so bad that tempers flared and there ended up being a fight at the end of the game. You could tell that this was going to happen but the refs did nothing in the game to stop it. The final was 3-2 in favor of the Classy Cougars :roflol:. This Clarksville Academy team is one of the worst I have ever seen about sportsmanship and it starts with the coach who apparently cussed a player for greenbrier who was hurt on the sidelines. I mean come on you’re a grown man there is NO need for that! Clarksville Academy also took the term delaying the game to a whole new level by subbing every dead ball and also dropping the ball numerous times on throw ins. The subbing got so bad that the ref would not allow Clarksville Academy to sub at the end of the game. I think two or three kids got Red Cards at the end of the game for the fight one from Greenbrier and maybe two from Clarksville Academy. What are your thoughts on this?

We've had our own problems with the CA program in recent years. And many of your sentiments are shared throughout the district.

It'd be nice to get those red cards confirmed. We play CA tomorrow and, hopefully, if they did happen, those players will sit. I wouldn't put it past them to try and ignore the 2 game suspension. (Especially since it is a district contest.)

We've had our own problems with the CA program in recent years. And many of your sentiments are shared throughout the district.

It'd be nice to get those red cards confirmed. We play CA tomorrow and, hopefully, if they did happen, those players will sit. I wouldn't put it past them to try and ignore the 2 game suspension. (Especially since it is a district contest.)

It was #10 and #17 from CA and #15 from Greenbrier who got the Red Cards

Whoa...just got back from the Greenbrier vs. Clarksville Academy and i must say it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. In fact it was so bad that tempers flared and there ended up being a fight at the end of the game. You could tell that this was going to happen but the refs did nothing in the game to stop it. The final was 3-2 in favor of the Classy Cougars :roflol:. This Clarksville Academy team is one of the worst I have ever seen about sportsmanship and it starts with the coach who apparently cussed a player for greenbrier who was hurt on the sidelines. I mean come on you’re a grown man there is NO need for that! Clarksville Academy also took the term delaying the game to a whole new level by subbing every dead ball and also dropping the ball numerous times on throw ins. The subbing got so bad that the ref would not allow Clarksville Academy to sub at the end of the game. I think two or three kids got Red Cards at the end of the game for the fight one from Greenbrier and maybe two from Clarksville Academy. What are your thoughts on this?

This game definitely was definitely one of the worst officiated games I've seen recently. However, lack of sportsmanship was apparent in both teams. The whole game, both teams committed dirty fouls without recourse coming from the referees (who obviously didn't know how to watch off the ball). The fight at the conclusion of the game was started by an inappropriate tackle by a Greenbriar defender after the whistle was blown. The CA player then retaliated and the other CA player came to his defense. All three players were red carded. The argument between CA coach and Greenbrier "captain" was inappropriate but it spawned by nasty comments from the player.

Nowhere in the rule book does it say that a referee can prevent a team from substituting players on the appropriate dead ball. Substituting at the end of games is a tactic that even professional managers use to shorten tight matches.

Although Clarksville Academy has lost one of their top goal-scorers for a few games, the Cougars still have many scoring-threats on their roster.

On a lighter note, both teams are skilled and could go deep in to districts. :thumb:

I was at your game and not only were the two CA players sitting out, they were not even dressed out in soccer clothing. The coach had made them wear ties and shirts and help with the gate I believe. As a CA parent I find it ridiculous and rude that you suggest we would try and get around any TSSAA suspensions. Our coach went out of his way that morning to apologize to the referee from the previous nights game (Greenbrier) for the actions of his players who were red carded.

Looking back on your 'problems with the CA program in recent years' it appears the biggest one has been your inability to beat them. I remember 4:0, 6:2 and now 3:0 victories on the boys side, coupled to 1:0, 2:1 and most recently 2:0 ones on the girls one. All of these victories have been since the Fall of 2008 when Coach Sonnabend took over our program. During that time I cannot remember a MC Victory except one on the girls side.... I believe a lot of your 'problems' arise from the fact CA is no longer an easy victory in the District, boys or girls. In this period the Boys program (what this pertains to) have been 15:5:1 (2009) and 10:1:1 (2010) with two trips into Regionals and a Comprehensive District Title last year. That was the first on in 15 years for the program. Jealousy is not a good trait.... :)

Perhaps if we get back to losing ways the animosity will subside.

This game definitely was definitely one of the worst officiated games I've seen recently. However, lack of sportsmanship was apparent in both teams. The whole game, both teams committed dirty fouls without recourse coming from the referees (who obviously didn't know how to watch off the ball). The fight at the conclusion of the game was started by an inappropriate tackle by a Greenbriar defender after the whistle was blown. The CA player then retaliated and the other CA player came to his defense. All three players were red carded. The argument between CA coach and Greenbrier "captain" was inappropriate but it spawned by nasty comments from the player.

Nowhere in the rule book does it say that a referee can prevent a team from substituting players on the appropriate dead ball. Substituting at the end of games is a tactic that even professional managers use to shorten tight matches.

Although Clarksville Academy has lost one of their top goal-scorers for a few games, the Cougars still have many scoring-threats on their roster.

On a lighter note, both teams are skilled and could go deep in to districts. :thumb:

Very good points made. The game was indeed extremely physical and the refs were ultimately to blame for not getting a hold on the game early on. To suggest CA are a dirty team like a previous poster did is crazy. They play physical and are extremely pragmatic in the way they approach a game defensively, stifling teams opposing best players with man marking and the use of a sweeper. Going forward though they are a lotta fun to watch, using three forwards and creating countless chances. Perhaps THAT is the effect the coach is having, as his results with the program have been outstanding over the past two years. His players have received numerous player of the year awards, all State Selections, and college scholarships. He's doing something right with the program.

With regards to his supposed 'altercation' on the sidelines at the GB game, it was as he told me in that English way of describing things, "Handbags at 10 paces, just a whole lot of crap coming from both sides..." I do know at the end of the game he went over and spoke to the GB coach, wished the team luck for the remainder of the season and sought out and apologized/shook hands with the GB 'Player?' he had a few words with during the game.

The delay of game and substitution tactics are just a part of the game everywhere else in the world, no different than taking a knee during a football game to run out the clock. Get real people!

One interesting statistic that the MCHS poster RJ Gosset may like; During the following nights district loss to the Cougars these were the key statistics...

Shots CA 19 - MCHS 4

Fouls CA 8 - MCHS 24

Yellow Cards CA 0 - MCHS 4

Final Score CA 3 - MCHS 0

Perhaps this puts into perspective what team plays the game best and what team kicks the other team all over the field... Hmm :roflol:

I was at your game and not only were the two CA players sitting out, they were not even dressed out in soccer clothing. The coach had made them wear ties and shirts and help with the gate I believe. As a CA parent I find it ridiculous and rude that you suggest we would try and get around any TSSAA suspensions. Our coach went out of his way that morning to apologize to the referee from the previous nights game (Greenbrier) for the actions of his players who were red carded.

Looking back on your 'problems with the CA program in recent years' it appears the biggest one has been your inability to beat them. I remember 4:0, 6:2 and now 3:0 victories on the boys side, coupled to 1:0, 2:1 and most recently 2:0 ones on the girls one. All of these victories have been since the Fall of 2008 when Coach Sonnabend took over our program. During that time I cannot remember a MC Victory except one on the girls side.... I believe a lot of your 'problems' arise from the fact CA is no longer an easy victory in the District, boys or girls. In this period the Boys program (what this pertains to) have been 15:5:1 (2009) and 10:1:1 (2010) with two trips into Regionals and a Comprehensive District Title last year. That was the first on in 15 years for the program. Jealousy is not a good trait.... :)

Perhaps if we get back to losing ways the animosity will subside.

Sorry my opinionated message board post caused such heated response. That's what these things are for. You say things anonymously (And we'll get to that...) just to gauge a general reaction. It's all friendly, competitive banter. Probably, the wrong choice of words but I hope you don't think that I really believe someone is going to blatantly ignore the rule. Having not seen the altercation, we actually thought they might appeal. I joked with Tony before the game and said the same thing. More power to him and the kids for taking it in stride.

Yeah, I've seen the results. I can go back to 1992 if you want. But I have no problems or issues with the Tony or his program. They've had the better team and come out on top a lot the past couple seasons. Would we have liked to have won more of those? Absolutely. Am I jealous? Nah...I'm not trading any of my kids or their accomplishments for anything. There have been a lot of talented players and Tony knows how to get the best out of everyone on his teams. That's why he's a good coach.

One interesting statistic that the MCHS poster RJ Gosset may like; During the following nights district loss to the Cougars these were the key statistics...

Shots CA 19 - MCHS 4

Fouls CA 8 - MCHS 24

Yellow Cards CA 0 - MCHS 4

Final Score CA 3 - MCHS 0

Perhaps this puts into perspective what team plays the game best and what team kicks the other team all over the field... Hmm :roflol:

As far as this one goes..."Yes, let me introduce myself. My name is RJ Gossett, two s's and two t's. I am the Assistant Coach for MCHS Boys and Girls Soccer. You my friend are a very good detective...destroying the anonymity of a fellow poster in just your second post. Well done." Isn't this breaking like Rule #1 of message boards? I knew I should have been CAgoal21!! ;)

And believe me, I've seen the stats, I was on the sideline. We tend to focus on the positive...our goalie had 16 saves. I was really pleased with his performance. But no, we weren't happy with the way we played as a whole and the better team won the game. Not arguing with that. So let's put it on the record. I have no issues with Clarksville Academy. So can we put this to rest now? Your team won.

Edited by mchsgoal21