District 9 AA

WHHSHD13

White house was swept by sycamore. Freshmen errors and struggling bats cost both games. White House pitchers Trayce walker and jeffery bennet were the more dominating pitchers, but their hitting has just not produced this year. Maybe they can get hot by tournament time. Looks like the race is between Sycamore and Greenbrier.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lefty at short is the player that surprised me the most for sycamore and honestly though they don't have depth in their pitching. Greenbrier will win the season district championship

The Greenbrier and Sycamore matchup this week will be a good one. Greenbrier hit five homeruns this week vs Westmoreland and is still making changes in the lineup where needed. Pitching is strong with four dominant pitchers including Ledbetter, who is getting a few more reps on the mound after a pre-season injury.

The lefty at short is the player that surprised me the most for sycamore and honestly though they don't have depth in their pitching. Greenbrier will win the season district championship

Bold prediction, the bobcats have the talent, but do they have the desire? If Greenbrier can stop making silly mistakes you will probably be correct whhshd13, Can't wait for the Sycamore-Greenbrier matchup this week... go 'cats.

[/quote

White House saw two pitchers against Sycamore, how do you know they don't have depth? Sycamore had two pitchers pitch 7 innings (complete games). Their one has been out, so I think their 2 and 3 going 7 innings illustrates "depth".

Greenbrier is a solid team, and two really really good pitchers can take you a pretty good ways.

Goodpasture is still tied for first, and no one is talking about them? Not sure how that is.

White House is scrappy with a pretty good number one pitcher.

Macon has some solid hitter at the top of their line-up.

Westmoreland is just young.

The Greenbrier and Sycamore matchup this week will be a good one. Greenbrier hit five homeruns this week vs Westmoreland and is still making changes in the lineup where needed. Pitching is strong with four dominant pitchers including Ledbetter, who is getting a few more reps on the mound after a pre-season injury.

Who hit 'em?

Bold prediction, the bobcats have the talent, but do they have the desire? If Greenbrier can stop making silly mistakes you will probably be correct whhshd13, Can't wait for the Sycamore-Greenbrier matchup this week... go 'cats.

So, who won yesterday at Bobcat Field?

Who hit 'em?

Sycamore swept. 5-4 and 3-1.

Goodpasture swept Westmoreland

Macon and White House split

Here's how the district shakes out as of now, going into the last week.

1. Sycamore 7-1

2. Goodpasture 7-1

3. Greenbrier 3-4

4. White House 3-4

5. Macon County 2-6

6. Westmoreland 1-7

White House and Greenbrier play Friday to make up one of their games. Sycamore has the tie breaker on Goodpasture from what I understand.

Week 5 schedule:

Greenbrier vs Macon County

Goodpasture vs White House

Sycamore vs Westmoreland

those are the standings as of now, with Sycamore having the tie breaker with Goodpasture (head to head).

Who hit 'em?

Holbert, R Scott, Ledbetter, ???, ???

Sycamore games were close, and could go either way in a rematch. Pitching today vs White House completely imploded. Bobcats face off Vs Macon this week for 3rd or 4th place in the District. From what I have seen, I believe the District Tournament is wide open.

Sorry that I am new to CoachT, but i saw this forum and thought i would join into the fun! This district is wide open. The Tournament should be a great one with a lot of dominant pitching. It seems like all of the teams are not as strong as last year, especially at the plate. So continue the good work 9AA and keep up the excitement!! :roflol:

White House beats Goodpasture today 10 to 3. White House moves to third in the district standings. Whatever team gets the most hot come tournament is the team to win it.

White House beats Goodpasture today 10 to 3. White House moves to third in the district standings. Whatever team gets the most hot come tournament is the team to win it.

Sycamore clinched the 1 seed in the tourney and home field advantage throughout with sweep of Westmoreland (played both games yesterday at Sycamore)

Goodpasture gets upset by White House.

Greenbrier loses to Macon.

This district is unpredictable, anything can happen come tourney time.

As of now here are the standings.

1) Sycamore 9-1 *

2) Goodpasture 7-2 *

3) White House 5-4 *

4) Macon County 3-6

5) Greenbrier 3-6

6) Westmoreland 1-9 *

* = clinched spots in the district

Macon and Greenbrier play it out for home field advantage in the play in game.

Goodpasture and White House play for pride.