The CPA and David Lipscomb rivalry

Sportsqueen

I could be wrong, but I think the only 2 teams banned from postseason play this year are Maplewood and Stratford (because of last year's fight). So there are 7 teams playing in the District Tournament, which begins quarterfinal action on Tuesday night.

Because of this year's altercation, Maplewood is banned from the postseason again next year. Not sure about Pearl. Tennessean said Maplewood is on "restrictive" probation and Pearl just on "probation." Not that I would put much stock in anything the Tennessean said...

Should be a great tournament...

What a tournament it will be! Of course it will be DL and CPA in the final. Now on to the season tie breaker. Good thing we are not one and done. There will still be some bball to be played. Should be an exciting and crowded District title match. Both teams have worked hard and both teams have some really great girls, too bad that one has to lose. Good Luck to DL! See you Tuesday.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tournament it will be! Of course it will be DL and CPA in the final. Now on to the season tie breaker. Good thing we are not one and done. There will still be some bball to be played. Should be an exciting and crowded District title match. Both teams have worked hard and both teams have some really great girls, too bad that one has to lose. Good Luck to DL! See you Tuesday.

Rubber match between DL and CPA tomorrow night! The season is ending the way it should - between the district's two best teams. This one has all the makings of another classic. The girls on both teams will be ready. The fans will be wound up. It's gonna be fun! See you at 6:00!

Congratulations to CPA on winning the District tournament tonight. Another great, hard fought game between these two teams. Good luck to DL and CPA in the Region tournament.

Would love to see DL and CPA in the Region 5AA finals. Lot of work needed to get there. I know Macon County is pretty good. Who else is in 9AA?

Would love to see DL and CPA in the Region 5AA finals. Lot of work needed to get there. I know Macon County is pretty good. Who else is in 9AA?

Check out the new Region 5AA thread. But, here are the District 9AA teams and seeds:

Sycamore #1 (via upset of Macon County in District final)

Macon County #2

Goodpasture #3 (via upset of Westmoreland in District consolation)

Westmoreland #4

Whatever happens between CPA-DL will be good for Division AA basketball. Both are quality programs with excellent coaches and players.......

Now the hypothetical..... What would have happened if FRA (I am a parent and fan) were still in the District. They beat DL and lost to CPA by one. Just a thought.

For FRA and D II-A it has been very good. They have been dominated allowing only 27 points per game. But what I miss most is they have NO ONE interested in coachT so I am a frustrated sports fan with no place to vent.....

Be thankful for coacht and for the fans that participate. Both myself and VanMan miss the banter and fun of the interaction.

Bigkid2

Whatever happens between CPA-DL will be good for Division AA basketball. Both are quality programs with excellent coaches and players.......

Now the hypothetical..... What would have happened if FRA (I am a parent and fan) were still in the District. They beat DL and lost to CPA by one. Just a thought.

For FRA and D II-A it has been very good. They have been dominated allowing only 27 points per game. But what I miss most is they have NO ONE interested in coachT so I am a frustrated sports fan with no place to vent.....

Be thankful for coacht and for the fans that participate. Both myself and VanMan miss the banter and fun of the interaction.

Bigkid2

I think if CPA, FRA, DL, DCA, and Goodpasture (and some others) where all in the same district you would have a huge increase in fan support and would pack out the gyms most every night. Alas, I guess this idea is just too good and would be too positive for all the programs involved to ever come to fruition.

Bigkid2

FRA beat DL in OT. CPA beat FRA by 1. DL beat CPA by 2 in their first meeting. CPA won the last 2 meetings.

If these 3 teams were in the same district it would be fun! I don't think any team would go undefeated. These are three really good teams and all three are really young. So, that means good games for a few years to come, even if they aren't in the same divisions - for now...

Good luck to FRA in the D-II final 4. Lipscomb takes on Macon County and their giants tomorrow night!

Go Lady Mustangs!

I think if CPA, FRA, DL, DCA, and Goodpasture (and some others) where all in the same district you would have a huge increase in fan support and would pack out the gyms most every night. Alas, I guess this idea is just too good and would be too positive for all the programs involved to ever come to fruition.

Now THAT would be a great district and I GUARANTEE you that district would lead the state in attendance.

I guess it just makes too much sense.

Good luck to DL in the sectional. I hope you make it to Murfreesboro.

Now Coach, are you implying that the TSSAA doesn't utilize good old garden variety walking around horse sense?!

Thanks for the well wishes. We will see. I hope we play better than we did against Macon County last night. They (Macon) are very good, but we just couldn't seem to get it going. Missed layups, fumbled passes - the girls just seemed out of sync. Hopefully they will put that one behind them and play like I know they can. A trip to the Boro would be a great way to cap off a great season! :thumb: