Red Boiling Springs mens scoring record broken

swanson71

Wes Grace of Red Boiling Springs broke the men's basketball career scoring record putting him at 1,873 all time points. The record was stood for almost 20 years held by Ricky Spivey until Daniel Meador broke the record in 2004-05 season. Wes Grace broke Daniel's record Friday night in a win against Web School. With 5 games left and the district and region tournaments coming up Wes could very well go over 2,000 points making him the first Men's Basketball player in the history of RBS to score over 2,000 points! Wes currently has 525 points for the season, which leads the midstate and averages 22.8 points a game.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Grace of Red Boiling Springs broke the men's basketball career scoring record putting him at 1,873 all time points. The record was stood for almost 20 years held by Ricky Spivey until Daniel Meador broke the record in 2004-05 season. Wes Grace broke Daniel's record Friday night in a win against Web School. With 5 games left and the district and region tournaments coming up Wes could very well go over 2,000 points making him the first Men's Basketball player in the history of RBS to score over 2,000 points! Wes currently has 525 points for the season, which leads the midstate and averages 22.8 points a game.

Thats a great accomplishment good for Mr. Grace. However if i was you i wouldn't add in the scoring leader stats because its very skewed. Out of all the games RBS has played 82% of them have either been against Home School teams or Class A schools. Not really a tough schedule to score against. Its a "pat your stats" night just about every game! :roflol:

Edited by midtensportsfan

Thats a great accomplishment good for Mr. Grace. However if i was you i wouldn't add in the scoring leader stats because its very skewed. Out of all the games RBS has played 82% of them have either been against Home School teams or Class A schools. Not really a tough schedule to score against. Its a "pat your stats" night just about every game! :roflol:

If he was in for a full 4 qtrs against most of those teams he would have more points...His points per game have been about the same every team RBS has played...

What a jerk you are , it doesn't matter where he play's he deserves the record if he wins it . JERK

What a jerk you are , it doesn't matter where he play's he deserves the record if he wins it . JERK

Easy on the name calling, that will get you booted from the sight very easily...But pay midten no attention because if it isn't about Jackson County then of course there is something wrong with it. It is a great accomplishment for him and midten tried his/her best to criticize it the best he/she could. But I guess him putting up 23 points against FCS is one of those easy teams he's been putting up a lot of points against all year huh :rolleyes: ?

Congrats Wes. You have had a fine high school career. I was sad to hear that you had received a concussion from your own teammate Davey Williams during a game the other night. I hope that doesnt effect the remainder of the season. I feel that Wes has represented RBS Basketball very well throughout his four years as a starter. He has even made Coach Mike Owens look good a time or two.

Edited by Boarhog

Easy on the name calling, that will get you booted from the sight very easily...But pay midten no attention because if it isn't about Jackson County then of course there is something wrong with it. It is a great accomplishment for him and midten tried his/her best to criticize it the best he/she could. But I guess him putting up 23 points against FCS is one of those easy teams he's been putting up a lot of points against all year huh :rolleyes: ?

Wes Grace has my vote for PLAYER of 8A this year. The kid has a great shot and has a good attitude playing the game. Hope he gets to play at the next level. And maybe RBS will get to see Mid Tn's boys in the region.........they better play better than they did @ Clay Co?

Wes Grace has my vote for PLAYER of 8A this year. The kid has a great shot and has a good attitude playing the game. Hope he gets to play at the next level. And maybe RBS will get to see Mid Tn's boys in the region.........they better play better than they did @ Clay Co?

He's the best player to come through RBS since Daniel Meador, 01-02 thru 04-05. From what i've seen and heard he has a great attitude on the court and has a great work ethic off the court...

• 2 weeks later...

Last night against Watertown, Wes scored 29 points and in doing so he went over 2,000 points for a career...an amazing accomplishment!

A great accomplishment for Wes Grace. I was in the gym last night watching him score those 29 pts putting him over the 200 pt mark. He deserved MVP of the regular season.

Where's he going to play college ball at?