Science Hill vs. East TN

Toppsportsfan

Basically what I want to know is...can anyone beat Science Hill in the area. Yes tn high beat them in the arbys...but on a tues/fri night, is anyone capable of beating them? DB has come up just short twice. Obviously if the toppers play bad on any given night anyone can win. But, if they are clicking can, anyone this side of Nashville handle them? Also...is it me or are the officials worse this year than ever? For everyone...not just sh...they seem to be bad on both sides...every night.

• Upvote 1

Basically what I want to know is...can anyone beat Science Hill in the area. Yes tn high beat them in the arbys...but on a tues/fri night, is anyone capable of beating them? DB has come up just short twice. Obviously if the toppers play bad on any given night anyone can win. But, if they are clicking can, anyone this side of Nashville handle them? Also...is it me or are the officials worse this year than ever? For everyone...not just sh...they seem to be bad on both sides...every night.

BEARDEN

I'm pretty sure that Bearden would be able to play with the Hilltoppers

Bearden should be one of the AAA teams from ET going to state. Other teams to watch will be West and Oak Ridge. All three would compete well with Science Hill.

I have never commented about officiating on a message board but it seems to be getting worse. I know it is a thankless job but the quality of officiating has deteriorated. Some associations are worse than others and some don't put a lot of thought into scheduling. I saw an official calling a game at his alma mater recently which should never be allowed. However, to be fair I have seen some really good officials lately too! I just wish three would show up on the same night.

Bearden should be one of the AAA teams from ET going to state. Other teams to watch will be West and Oak Ridge. All three would compete well with Science Hill.

I have never commented about officiating on a message board but it seems to be getting worse. I know it is a thankless job but the quality of officiating has deteriorated. Some associations are worse than others and some don't put a lot of thought into scheduling. I saw an official calling a game at his alma mater recently which should never be allowed. However, to be fair I have seen some really good officials lately too! I just wish three would show up on the same night.

I need to get down and see Bearden...I am excited about the postseason it sounds like its gonna be very intense and I am expecting a high level of play. good stuff thanks....

And the refs.. From whistle happy, no reason technical calling, to blatant hacking no calls....they are pretty bad...I have yet to see a game where 2 of the 3 in the crew have made 3 out of 4 correct calls...its embarrassing and starts with them letting anyone ref who has a pulse....Wal Mart greeters have more credit than these guys...and like i said SHHS has been on both sides...I see a lot of high school ball at different levels...and its terrible all over...I hope they are re-evaluated before next year...good luck to your alls schools. thanks again

No you don't!!!!!!! Hampton don't want none of the HILL now. :roflol:

no i agree (AAA) SH is an elite program to say the least and it is amazing that (A) Hampton even made it a game. BUT with that being said... I do really think if it could be played again it could be a differant story say @ Hampton. I don't kno I'm a little bit biased. but Both programs are elite in the east and both programs should go far in the tournys.

I have watched SH play several times and when they get it going they are really hard to beat. I'm not crazy about the substitution patterns they have and I actually think it is really silly. I think this contributes to them sometimes letting teams stay in the game with them that should not and never being able to get their momentum. I just believe that it takes a kid more than one trip down the court to really get into the game and get a feel for it. I don't think you should sub just to sub. Maybe it is just me? I watched them play earlier this year and there was one kid, who is one of their better players, who went in while they were on one end of the court and by the time they got to the other end of the court, they took him out! There were a couple of stoppages in play but he did not get any fouls called against him and he was not taken out for doing something wrong. He was just taken out for no good reason. I mean there is no way that he got that tired by running down the court one time. Oh well, that's jut me. Hopefully they can keep it going and make a good run to state! They do have the talent.

Hampton? Shhs in a consolation arbys game and on a tues. Or fri. Night are on diff levels...i don't care if you play the game at hampton or not...it might be a 20 point game in the end. Shhs is THE elite team in e. Tn. Hampton is good but im sorry, not in the same league. Im not trying to be mean or hate on hampton...but its silly to even compare em.