Players to Watch in West Tn.

baseballnut86

No way a class A kid can be called the best hitter in 20 years. The pitching in class A and the size of the

fields boost stats. Many fields are 300 or less down the lines and only 350 or less center. I think your can take a great hitter in class A move him to good AAA team and he becomes about average. Much better pitching and 310 ft home runs become fly ball outs. Take the kid from Jax Northside last year move him to Dresden. He could hit 40+ home runs on the small fields vs A pitching.

Your probably right - I have seen a few fields in Class A ball that are not much larger than girls HS softball fields. Riverside in Decatur County is a great example....

No doubt Gant is one of the best pitchers in the state. I seen him dominate in the state last year. He will go far if he keeps his arm healthy and doesn't pitch excessive innings.

He should not need to pitch excessive innings, Riverside is a very strong team for Class A baseball. They are strong top to bottom.

We played summer ball with Matt Beaty last year. All of our tournaments were on college fields and he was still hitting homeruns and shots in the gap. I saw on his mom's facebook page that they went to Arizona to a homerun contest over the Christmas break that he did well in. Beatty, Russ Henderson (Lexington), Ryne Bivens (riverside), Dalton Potts (Greenfield), Taylor Douglas (Camden), Miles Anderson (Milan), Micheal Purcell (Waverly), Andrew Fiddler (Lexington) all played together last summer. All of them are very solid players and I expect all of them to play somewhere at the next level.

Kooper Kessler - Bolivar Central also played with this group last summer. He pitched lastnight and struck out 11 batters in 5 innings with no walks. He topped out at 91 mph several times.