Region 1 Tounrey

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Luke Hall received the OW award without any dispute, but which weight got best match?

I would have voted on the Tyler Johnson/ Austin Fulbright match at 160. I had been looking forward to that one all day and it didn't disappoint!

I dont believe that award was given this year. Didnt hear it if it was. Many of the championship matches where pretty one sided/controlled. The 215 match was a good one with Dylan Bryant winning in the last few seconds.

It was an exciting ending. I'll give it that... but sloppy wrestling all together.

That's disappointing if they didn't give that award out this year.

From what I heard about previous matches, Fulbright really closed the gap on Johnson. He is an aggressive wrestler that is hard to shut down once he gets his offense going, but Fulbright did a good job at staying in the match and getting his own game going.

Both great kids and it was fun to see them go at it! Hope they both end up on the medal stand this year!

It was an exciting ending. I'll give it that... but sloppy wrestling all together.

That's disappointing if they didn't give that award out this year.

From what I heard about previous matches, Fulbright really closed the gap on Johnson. He is an aggressive wrestler that is hard to shut down once he gets his offense going, but Fulbright did a good job at staying in the match and getting his own game going.

Both great kids and it was fun to see them go at it! Hope they both end up on the medal stand this year!

I think the Johnson/Fulbright match was a good one for sure. He has definitely closed the gap and gave Johnson a great match.

Everything above 171 can be sloppy at times i guess. Just the last second win gave the match excitement.

It was good to see some good matches with the middleweights later in the evening as the lightweight winners dominated their competition in many instances.

Very true... most of the light weight finals were pretty clear cut. But I don't think that those lighter weights were weak by any means, so hopefully that means that we just have a bunch of studs well above the level of the others in their weights that should contend for state medals!

Overall, I think we have a solid group representing Region 1 this year. Especially in the lighter weights! I know a lot of those guys had worked hard all summer in preparation for this one weekend... Hope it pays off!

Very true... most of the light weight finals were pretty clear cut. But I don't think that those lighter weights were weak by any means, so hopefully that means that we just have a bunch of studs well above the level of the others in their weights that should contend for state medals!

Overall, I think we have a solid group representing Region 1 this year. Especially in the lighter weights! I know a lot of those guys had worked hard all summer in preparation for this one weekend... Hope it pays off!

By no means are the lightweights weak and didnt mean that. Got to love Boatman, Armstrong, both Schurlknights, Hall, and Knowles. That is a strong crew and hopefully can make some noise in Franklin.

I completely agree and have faith that they will do just that.

I had the privilege of coaching all of these kids this summer (excluding Luke) and had a blast with them!

Although I have never gotten to work with Luke, I have talked to him and his parents a couple times and I have never met someone so worthy of his success as that kid. Always humble and Always giving back to others. Those are the kids everyone likes to see win.

Boatman (AKA Bones) might as well have been my adopted brother. Since he lived down the road from me and is between ages of my two younger brothers, he's practically lived at my house for weeks at a time since he was in elementary school! Lol!

Great kids that work hard, but know how to have fun while doing so! :thumb: