PAGE .H.S.WHAT IF ? WHATS NEXT

Guest BADBLUE

Guest BADBLUE

AFTER THE GAME FRIDAY VS GREENBRIER,I ASKED A FATHER WAS THAT A BAD CALL ON THE HIT AND FUMBLE?WHAT HAPPENS IF ITS RULE A FUMBLE? HIS ANSWER PAGE WINS,BUT IT SHOULD NOT COME DOWN TO THAT. HE QUICKLY REMINDED ME OF THE DISCUSSION WE HAD AFTER THE CENT GAME.HE SAID THAT PAGE WILL WIN TWO MORE GAMES MAYBE THREE,SYCAMORE, HARPETH, MAYBE GILES COUNTY.PAGE HE SAID CANNOT WIN GAMES WITH THE BEST TALENT ON THE SIDELINES.HE REMINDED ME, LOOK AT PUNT RETURN,KICKOFF REC,THE FASTEST AND MOST ATHLETED ARE STANDING ON THE SIDELINE.ANOTHER EXAMPLE INSIDE THE TEN YARD LINE FOR SOME ODD REASON,THEY ALWAYS TAKE CERTAIN PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.SEEM LIKE SOME PEOPLE WOULD LEARN FROM LAST YEAR GAME VS CROCKETT CO.MY QUESTION IS WHAT IF THE COACHES USE MORE SPEED ON THE REC TEAMS DOES IT HELP?WHAT IF COACH PALMER COMES OUT OF THE PRESS BOX UNTO THE SIDELINE WOULD THAT HELP? WHAT NEXT FOR PAGE,DO THEY TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT OR DO THEY STAY WITH THE SAME WAY OF DOING THINGS AND GETTING THE SAME RESULTS?ANYONE WATCHING THE GAME HE SAID, SAW WHO WAS MAKING PLAYS AND THESE PLAYERS ARE THE ONES WHO PLAY THE LEAST.PLEASE FOOTBALL ANSWERS AND OPINIONS, NO PERSONAL INSULTS?

Posted by BADBLUE:

AFTER THE GAME FRIDAY VS GREENBRIER,I ASKED A FATHER WAS THAT A BAD CALL ON THE HIT AND FUMBLE?WHAT HAPPENS IF ITS RULE A FUMBLE? HIS ANSWER PAGE WINS,BUT IT SHOULD NOT COME DOWN TO THAT. HE QUICKLY REMINDED ME OF THE DISCUSSION WE HAD AFTER THE CENT GAME.HE SAID THAT PAGE WILL WIN TWO MORE GAMES MAYBE THREE,SYCAMORE, HARPETH, MAYBE GILES COUNTY.PAGE HE SAID CANNOT WIN GAMES WITH THE BEST TALENT ON THE SIDELINES.HE REMINDED ME, LOOK AT PUNT RETURN,KICKOFF REC,THE FASTEST AND MOST ATHLETED ARE STANDING ON THE SIDELINE.ANOTHER EXAMPLE INSIDE THE TEN YARD LINE FOR SOME ODD REASON,THEY ALWAYS TAKE CERTAIN PLAYERS OUT OF THE GAME.SEEM LIKE SOME PEOPLE WOULD LEARN FROM LAST YEAR GAME VS CROCKETT CO.MY QUESTION IS WHAT IF THE COACHES USE MORE SPEED ON THE REC TEAMS DOES IT HELP?WHAT IF COACH PALMER COMES OUT OF THE PRESS BOX UNTO THE SIDELINE WOULD THAT HELP? WHAT NEXT FOR PAGE,DO THEY TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT OR DO THEY STAY WITH THE SAME WAY OF DOING THINGS AND GETTING THE SAME RESULTS?ANYONE WATCHING THE GAME HE SAID, SAW WHO WAS MAKING PLAYS AND THESE PLAYERS ARE THE ONES WHO PLAY THE LEAST.PLEASE FOOTBALL ANSWERS AND OPINIONS, NO PERSONAL INSULTS?

First of all... PLEASE do not use the CAPS LOCK KEY!

Second... Page has a fine coaching staff. Bennett, Palmer, Gilbraith, Miller, Gates, and staff are as good a collection of experienced coaches as any school has in that region (five former head football coaches). Page has talent, but I couldn't tell you why they aren't winning more games? I know they can figure this out and should get things worked out before the SECOND SEASON begins.

Guest BADBLUE

Ela sorry about the caps.Ela I read your thread on coaches and what makes success.Fans and parents are probably the worst about saying something about they know nothing about.I also believe page has a awesome coaching staff, I'VE stated that before.Also I mention to the fans and parent things are improving.

The team with the most athlete's does not always win. A good example was the Page/Greenbrier game. Page has athletes and are a very good football team. Winning is a combination of many things. Dedication, hard work, good team chemistry, respect for one another as well as your coaches, maintaining a good positive attitude, and preparation.....only to name a few. I can't put my finger on why Page is not winning, but they have the capability to wins some games before this season is over.

I say four things to my team before each game....Play hard....Play smart....Play together......and have fun. If those four criteria are met.....then you will give yourselves a chance to win.

I wish Page the best of luck the rest of the season. I see them making the playoffs. They could peak at the time when it counts the most. :D

[Edited by COACHHARD on 10-6-02 2:02P]

Posted by COACHHARD:

The team with the most athlete's does not always win. A good example was the Page/Greenbrier game. Page has athletes and are a very good football team. Winning is a combination of many things. Dedication, hard work, good team chemistry, respect for one another as well as your coaches, maintaining a good positive attitude, and preparation.....only to name a few. I can't put my finger on why Page is not winning, but they have the capability to wins some games before this season is over.

I say four things to my team before each game....Play hard....Play smart....Play together......and have fun. If those four criteria are met.....then you will give yourselves a chance to win.

I wish Page the best of luck the rest of the season. I see them making the playoffs. They could peak at the time when it counts the most. :(

[Edited by COACHHARD on 10-6-02 2:02P]

Coach... you are obviously doing some good things with your team! Keep up the good work! :(

Coach Atkins....Thank you for your comment, but I am not one of the football coaches at GBHS. I don't derserve any of the credit. I am one of the basketball coaches and a die hard football fan. Several of these kids that play football, also play basketball and baseball. I try and support them in whatever they do. We have a great group of kids right now.....on and off the field/court.

I do think we have a great football coaching staff. They are the ones who derserve the credit. I will pass your kind words on to them. Thanks. :D

I am just saying they have several coaches on staff who have head coaching experience (I wasn't listing Gates as one of them, but I couldn't remember Coach Lee's name at the time, who used to work at Fairview). I wouldn't single any one coach out and blame them for the problems! If these guys can't get it done... the problem must lie somewhere else! All I'm saying is don't lie all of the blame at the coaches feet.

[Edited by ELA on 10-10-02 10:03P]