8th Grade Participation

TwinCityT

Under 1 roof,sidewalks does not count as long as they are not covered.

Interesting also is that connector, while it permits an 8th grader to play varsity ball, it prevents your Middle School Coaches from coaching the Varsity eligible players (those graduated from 8th grade)in the off season in AAU ball between their 8th grade and freshman year of school. Of course this assumes you follow the TSSAA rules.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with the physical building. It is whether the school is a K-12, 6-12, 7-12 or whatever, as long as the 8th grade is considered "part" of the same school as the high school. Greenfield did this for years when the old high school building was across the street from the elementary/JR high building. We were a K-12 school with two buildings. Nothing connecting unless you count a painted cross walk on the street.

Interesting about counting the 8th grade students in with your enrollment, you would think that you would have to since you are getting athletes from that group.but I'm not sure. I don't think we had to when I was playing, but I'm not sure it is still that way.