Districts 4 & 5 AAA predictions

hoopcoach1

Official softball practice can begin in less than a week! Time to talk up your teams. How will the teams in 4AAA and 5AAA finish and who are the teams and players to watch in these districts?

OK, well, I will respond to my own post. Actually, I need to ask another question - can Jefferson County make it back to state (I hear they have a really good pitcher - name?) and can anybody make it out of the region in 4-AAA? What player, other than Blanco from Maryville, can carry her team to Murfreesboro?

OK, well, I will respond to my own post. Actually, I need to ask another question - can Jefferson County make it back to state (I hear they have a really good pitcher - name?) and can anybody make it out of the region in 4-AAA? What player, other than Blanco from Maryville, can carry her team to Murfreesboro?

Thoughts on Jeff County, Whitney Leon is their Sr Pitcher, she is decent but won't carry any team to the state, she was blessed last year with power hitters who aren't back this year. However the catcher, Dukes will be big for them. She is a power hitter and great behind the plate. Dukes is signed to MTSU

Blanco will do her normal greatness this year but Maryville lacks pitching. William Blount should be very strong, if they are going to make a run to the state it will be this year. They have 3 players signed already with Sr pitcher Tuck going to Div 1 Tn Tech. They have the talent but do they have the coaching? That remains to be seen. If I had the talent of Tuck, SS- Hannah Smith and Catcher Cameron Cambpell, I would ride them all to the state tournament, but if you let Tuck sit so you can pitch your younger players you won't make it out of that district.

Farragut will be strong again but lack of pitching and the loss of Stephanie Harris will hurt.

Good luck to all...

Thanks, Softy. W-B was loaded last year and lost nothing, so they SHOULD advance unlike last year when they didn't get past the district tournament. Does Farragut ever have any pitching? They do hit and play good defense though. Maryville seems to be the wildcard with the coaching change and really unproven pitching. Should be an exciting spring!