Tri-County Seven

coachh17

I apologize for not ranking our teams last week, but I have been crazy busy at work. The regular season is winding down and the tournaments are set to begin this week. It should be fun and I hope all our teams play to their potential and stay injury free. Good luck to all! Here are the final rankings:

1.Elizabethton-AA-(27-1)- Perfect season ended last night in Knoxville at CAK, but the Lady Cyclones still have earned this spot. They can relax now and refocus on their lofty goals. Have fun ladies and I wish you well on your quest. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

2.Hampton-A-(20-7)- I have been drinking the Lady Dog kool-aid all year and they have proved they are a force. Recent wins over North Greene and Cloudland clinched the District title. A trip to Murfreesboro is very possible. Go Lady Dogs!!!!!

3.Unicoi Co.-AA-(20-7)- Finish at Cloudland Tuesday. It has been an up and down ride, but more up than down for the Lady Devils. If Edwards is back, and I think she is, this will be a team nobody wants to draw in the tournaments. Go Lady Devils, unless you play Betsy...lol!!!!!!

4.Cloudland-A-(18-8)- Tough finish at Chuckey-Doak Monday and host Unicoi Co. Tuesday. The Lady Landers are young and have been bounced around a bit late, but had Hampton beat. If things fall right, this team could wind up in Murfreesboro. Go Lady Landers!!!!

5.Happy Valley-AA-(14-8)- A quiet 14-8 and 3rd place District finish. They will make the regional tournament and could pull an upset if they get overlooked. Step one of Coach Gould's rebuilding effort has been a success. Go Lady Warriors!!!!!!

6.Unaka-A-(7-21)- It has been a tough season on Stoney Creek, but the tournaments bring new hope and new life. I am sure the Lady Rangers would love to play spoiler and knock someone off in the District or Region and anything is possible. Cox and Wilson have had good careers. Go Lady Rangers!!!!!

7.Johnson Co.-AA-(1-22)- We have a WIN!!!!!! The Lady Longhorns got the first win in the Coach Whittemore era by beating Holston,Va. Next year will be better! Go Lady Longhorns!!!!!!

Edited by coachh17

With Betsy and Unicoi receiving byes to the semis of the district (and both deserved too) I see them meeting in the finals of the district with Betsy taking home the trophy. Nobody in the conference has been able to hang with them this year. Betsy has a great chance to go a long way this post-season!

I apologize for not ranking our teams last week, but I have been crazy busy at work. The regular season is winding down and the tournaments are set to begin this week. It should be fun and I hope all our teams play to their potential and stay injury free. Good luck to all! Here are the final rankings:

1.Elizabethton-AA-(27-1)- Perfect season ended last night in Knoxville at CAK, but the Lady Cyclones still have earned this spot. They can relax now and refocus on their lofty goals. Have fun ladies and I wish you well on your quest. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

2.Hampton-A-(20-7)- I have been drinking the Lady Dog kool-aid all year and they have proved they are a force. Recent wins over North Greene and Cloudland clinched the District title. A trip to Murfreesboro is very possible. Go Lady Dogs!!!!!

3.Unicoi Co.-AA-(20-7)- Finish at Cloudland Tuesday. It has been an up and down ride, but more up than down for the Lady Devils. If Edwards is back, and I think she is, this will be a team nobody wants to draw in the tournaments. Go Lady Devils, unless you play Betsy...lol!!!!!!

4.Cloudland-A-(18-8)- Tough finish at Chuckey-Doak Monday and host Unicoi Co. Tuesday. The Lady Landers are young and have been bounced around a bit late, but had Hampton beat. If things fall right, this team could wind up in Murfreesboro. Go Lady Landers!!!!

5.Happy Valley-AA-(14-8)- A quiet 14-8 and 3rd place District finish. They will make the regional tournament and could pull an upset if they get overlooked. Step one of Coach Gould's rebuilding effort has been a success. Go Lady Warriors!!!!!!

6.Unaka-A-(7-21)- It has been a tough season on Stoney Creek, but the tournaments bring new hope and new life. I am sure the Lady Rangers would love to play spoiler and knock someone off in the District or Region and anything is possible. Cox and Wilson have had good careers. Go Lady Rangers!!!!!

7.Johnson Co.-AA-(1-22)- We have a WIN!!!!!! The Lady Longhorns got the first win in the Coach Whittemore era by beating Holston,Va. Next year will be better! Go Lady Longhorns!!!!!!