8A district tournamet

possumtownshady

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got FCS as the district champs. They have played well against all district teams only having close games with Watertown.

I always hate to say " It's hard to be a team three times in one year".....Boys Bradshaw isn't accepting the fact that he got in the district tourney by beating TC......He won't be satisfied until he beats FCS.....I just hope it isn't this year! Or Next year!

Two close games during regular season......1st one FCS had Patterson and Johnson on the DL and Hill twisted ankle 2nd qtr and missed 2nd half. 2nd one Hill and Anderson sick as a mule and Johnson still on the DL but Bates got hurt in OT and couldn't return and he was hot as fire during the game......

So hopefully both teams will be at full strength Friday night and have a good game.

Well its game night @ Gordonsville......These 2 games should be good ones to watch. FCS should be the favorite to come out the #1 seed but like someone said in a previous post....Districts make teams better and worse!

Got to win tonight to get a 1st round home game (I think).......:unsure:

If they are doing home games in the 1st round of the region then the top 2 teams from each district heading into the region and will host the 3 and 4 teams of the opposing district....But sometimes it's done different so I don't know what's being done until the time approaches...

Edited by swanson71

If they are doing home games in the 1st round of the region then the top 2 teams from each district heading into the region and will host the 3 and 4 teams of the opposing district....But sometimes it's done different so I don't know what's being done until the time approaches...

In our paper this morning it said FCS girls would get a home game next Friday for the first round since they won last night. So I would assume that the boys would be playing Saturday games 1st round?

In our paper this morning it said FCS girls would get a home game next Friday for the first round since they won last night. So I would assume that the boys would be playing Saturday games 1st round?

Then if that's the case then if the winners tonight would get to host the first game in the region...On the girls side the winner of RBS and FCS will meet PC in the first round, while the loser would play the loser of Clarkrange and Clay County...

4. On Saturday, following the completion of the district tournament, there will be four quarterfinal boys’

games with the Winner and Runner-Up teams from both districts hosting the Fourth Place and Third

Place teams from the other district. Example:

Site 1: Fourth District 2 @ Winner District 1

Site 2: Third District 2 @ Runner-Up District 1

Site 3: Fourth District 1 @ Winner District 2

Site 4: Third District 1 @ Runner-Up District 2

All games will be at 7:00 p.m. local time. All expenses, including officials, 18% of the gate to TSSAA,

etc., will be paid by the host school with the net receipts split 50/50 between the two schools.

5. The quarterfinal winners will advance to a central site with the following format:

Monday: 2 Girls’ Semifinal Games (6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. local time)

Tuesday: 2 Boys’ Semifinal Games (6:00 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. local time)

Wednesday: Girls’ Championship (7:00 p.m. local time)

Thursday: Boys’ Championship (7:00 p.m. local time)

After Saturday's games....loser is done and the 4 winners advance to Watertown.

Then if that's the case then if the winners tonight would get to host the first game in the region...On the girls side the winner of RBS and FCS will meet PC in the first round, while the loser would play the loser of Clarkrange and Clay County...

Assuming Pickett Co. comes in 4th. They weren't supposed to win last night either but did.