DII-A E/M

pantherpride5

Just a proud parent of an FRA athlete. Wanted to get on hear and chat a little with everyone about the region tournament. First I would like to congratulate DCA for winning the regular season, obviously they will be the favorites to win the tournament. Hopefully our boys can pull it out. Congatulations to miles davis from bell buckle for winning player of the year. I was a little surprised to hear some of the names that were on the list and some of the names that were left off. The 2 big ones that caught my eye were erickson from DCA being left off and johnston being put on. Rumor has it johnston was there coaches pick for mvp? Was a little surprised to see the kennedy boy left off, his attitude and his father do not help him out at all. He can play but needs to act a little more mature. The other boy from bell buckle was a surprise to see on the list. Would love to hear from some of you guys on the tournament and the all region team. Wanted to throw my upset pick in. I wouldn't be surprised to see know webb beat ezell.

My picks

FRA over Webb- The rematch from last year's playoff game won't be close

DCA over DA- DCA continues a great season

MJCA over USN- I think this will be the best game to watch

Ezell over Webb Knox.- The hardest pick. I think if Ezell can establish the post they will win, but if they settle for perimeter shots I like Webb.

I am picking FRA to win the whole thing. Too much size and depth for all the other teams in the division.

Just a proud parent of an FRA athlete. Wanted to get on hear and chat a little with everyone about the region tournament. First I would like to congratulate DCA for winning the regular season, obviously they will be the favorites to win the tournament. Hopefully our boys can pull it out. Congatulations to miles davis from bell buckle for winning player of the year. I was a little surprised to hear some of the names that were on the list and some of the names that were left off. The 2 big ones that caught my eye were erickson from DCA being left off and johnston being put on. Rumor has it johnston was there coaches pick for mvp? Was a little surprised to see the kennedy boy left off, his attitude and his father do not help him out at all. He can play but needs to act a little more mature. The other boy from bell buckle was a surprise to see on the list. Would love to hear from some of you guys on the tournament and the all region team. Wanted to throw my upset pick in. I wouldn't be surprised to see know webb beat ezell.

Miles Davis is a very good player. Congrads to him. DCA has 5 very good players that could easly been on the list. I agree with you Erickson is a very good player and I fill should have been nominated over Johnston. I do not see how Kennedy could be left off. He is the leading scorer of the DCA team and a major impact player on this team.Kennedy boy does not have a bad attitude at all. He is an intense player that should not be mistaken for a bad attitude. And I am really sick and tired of hearing about Kennedy's father on here, A child should be nominated for his efforts and his play on the court not held back because of his parent.Kennedy is a leader and shows that on the court. The father should have nothing to do with this at all.

Miles Davis is a very good player. Congrads to him. DCA has 5 very good players that could easly been on the list. I agree with you Erickson is a very good player and I fill should have been nominated over Johnston. I do not see how Kennedy could be left off. He is the leading scorer of the DCA team and a major impact player on this team.Kennedy boy does not have a bad attitude at all. He is an intense player that should not be mistaken for a bad attitude. And I am really sick and tired of hearing about Kennedy's father on here, A child should be nominated for his efforts and his play on the court not held back because of his parent.Kennedy is a leader and shows that on the court. The father should have nothing to do with this at all.

The Davis boy is a hoss! We struggled against him for sure. Based on record I probably would have given the MVP to Nilan Hodge. Both play on teams that needed them both to carry them...Nilan's team finished higher at #4 vs #7.

And I agree becoming all region should be based on the players performance only which I think most coaches would vote on.

However, while it is easy to look at scoring only which most coaches may everyone knows there are a lot of other intangibles that should make a player "all region" for example "Defense" "Hustle" "Team Play" And the problem with DCA is the same with Ezell...if you have 5 or 6 guys who play pretty even...those players are not going to stick out much...and Webbs Davis and Cham Cham are a perfect example if they made it it is because they stick out on their team.

So sure you can mention DCA's Kennedy, Erickson, De' Ewin, Javon Jones, and you probably need to but I have seen Colin Johnston play for a number of years...I think whether he's the coaches choice or voted upon by other coaches...he is a good defender and a solid competitor and deserves the recognition he has received.

So who made the "All Region Team?" And where does one find this out. :)

I cannot speak for the Kennedy's but I have watched Kyle Kennedy play all season ,he is a big reason why they went undefeated in the district this year.He is team player and a leader. He is an honor roll student and very well mannered and a mature young man. I am sure his parents are proud of him. I am also surprised that the Kennedy kid was left off of the all district team.While Johnston is a good player, I believe the Erickson kid to be a better player .I do believe that DCA's starting 5 should all be on the all district team, because they have proven it on the floor this year.

Well you where wrong on the upset pick. Ezell won by 10. Keep the picks coming. :roflol:

Well you where wrong on the upset pick. Ezell won by 10. Keep the picks coming. :roflol:

Well kinda glad that the Panther Pride was on the wrong side of that pick...lol...cause we Eagles wanted to play more ball. While definitely we should be not be too quick to say we will beat anyone...I would the last to say that we couldn't beat anyone. With the exception of the MBA, Friendship, and Lipscomb games...all the rest have been very close. Kinda excited to go to the land of Rocky Top and see how things pan out. Who knows with a few threes, a couple of charges, a few calls...there's no telling who might come out on top of the Region between DCA, FRA, Ezell and USN.

BTW, I heard Ramsey got coach of the year...but based on talent and finish...I would have to tip my hat to the coach a USN for getting his team where it is today. However, after saying that I also tip my hat to Freudenthal and Farmer for our big victory last night and the privilege to go play in the Regions. Congrats to our Eagles and we'll see yall on Friday.

I am still curious to see the rest of the All Region/District Team. I have heard about ours...but it has not been disclosed yet to the team...but inquiry minds want to know.

Gman

Congratulations to ezell for making me eat crow. My opinion on the kennedys is based on when he was here and the games I have seen this year. It sends a loud message when his own coach didn't even vote for him. You coach should have the list for all region I just heard ours and dca. Good luck to all the teams this weekend, should be exciting!

One thing that makes this Region fun is that any of these 4 teams could win it. Just wish we didn't have to travel all the way to Knoxville to find out. Hey couldn't we just play FRA at a nuetral site in Nashville. :D

Hey but I hear Knox Webb has it's own golf course? Maybe some of the dads should tee them up...how many strokes can I get from ya. Nashvegas odds on the Champions should be something like this...

DCA 3-1

FRA 2-1

EHCS 1-2

USN 1-3

"These odds are posted for entertainment purposes only"

Hey but I hear Knox Webb has it's own golf course? Maybe some of the dads should tee them up...how many strokes can I get from ya. Nashvegas odds on the Champions should be something like this...

DCA 3-1

FRA 2-1

EHCS 1-2

USN 1-3

"These odds are posted for entertainment purposes only"

WOW!! What a fun tournament! Congrats to FRA for the win as they proved they can win big games. This tournament came down to depth and strength. FRA happens to have the strongest bench presently and it showed big time. Substitutions had little effect on the drive. Freshmen post players capable of scoring AND pushing seniors around in the paint is a luxury other teams don't have. A sophomore class with height, hops, and double digit scoring ability? Whaa? Juniors and seniors with an "in your face" drive to win, win, win. Popping 3's and driving the lane all weekend. Their senior class is close knit group and this year is their year! Great coaching too!

A shout out to all four teams. The weekend showed me that ALL of these four teams are capable of winning at any given time against the others and that we shouldn't take anything for granted in this division. Every single game down to the wire!

It's fun to see these boys (all teams) grow, on and off the court. They're providing a source of entertainment to us old folks that they'll not appreciate until they're in the bleachers and our grandkids are on the court.

WOW!! What a fun tournament! Congrats to FRA for the win as they proved they can win big games. This tournament came down to depth and strength. FRA happens to have the strongest bench presently and it showed big time. Substitutions had little effect on the drive. Freshmen post players capable of scoring AND pushing seniors around in the paint is a luxury other teams don't have. A sophomore class with height, hops, and double digit scoring ability? Whaa? Juniors and seniors with an "in your face" drive to win, win, win. Popping 3's and driving the lane all weekend. Their senior class is close knit group and this year is their year! Great coaching too!

A shout out to all four teams. The weekend showed me that ALL of these four teams are capable of winning at any given time against the others and that we shouldn't take anything for granted in this division. Every single game down to the wire!

It's fun to see these boys (all teams) grow, on and off the court. They're providing a source of entertainment to us old folks that they'll not appreciate until they're in the bleachers and our grandkids are on the court.

Congrats to FRA. A very good and deep team. Good luck in the Sub-State. Maybe my boys from Ezell can see ya again in the state tourney. Anybody know who we play?

Edited by 9aafan